Author Topic: book 8 award tickets on 3 accounts (UA) , how ?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline fly2euro

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
book 8 award tickets on 3 accounts (UA) , how ?
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »
  I try open 3 computers, log on to 3 accounts and twice, I have to cancel the res. since the last one show as no space available ... should I folk the $$$ to the agent or there are way to do it ?

TIA,

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: book 8 award tickets on 3 accounts (UA) , how ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
  I try open 3 computers, log on to 3 accounts and twice, I have to cancel the res. since the last one show as no space available ... should I folk the $$$ to the agent or there are way to do it ?

TIA,
Care to tell us the flight details?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
 just a Wild Guess on my part , but just maybe that flight doesnt have 8 seats left for Award travel, so it wont matter how many computers or accts you want to use if all there is are say 7 seats then 7 will be the max you will beable to cash in for at least at Saver Level

best thing is to call up and ask them which if any Flight has 8 seats or try to find a couple of flights that are close to 1 another and book the 8 over more then 1 flight
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:24:52 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
just a Wild Guess on my part , but just maybe that flight doesnt have 8 seats left for Award travel, so it wont matter how many computers or accts you want to use if all there is are say 7 seats then 7 will be the max you will beable to cash in for at least at Saver Level
+1
Although I have gotten very good with CO to grab 2 seats at the same split-second on 2 browsers when only 1 is available...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

Although I have gotten very good with CO to grab 2 seats at the same split-second on 2 browsers when only 1 is available...

Nice didnt know that was even possible

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »
+1
NICEEEE.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:13 PM »

TIA,
The best way to go about this is to make the search for the maximum amount available, in UA's case 9 people (plus 8 children!?!?!? Don't think they would have as many award seats on one single flight anyway...) and if the results are negative, it doesn't necessarily mean that they dont have awards for those dates. they might have less seats than requested, so you edit your search to 8 people and so on... that way you know exactly how many award seats are available. If the amount you require is not available, calling them might help, but don't expect them to give you the nicest routes... if it wasn't available on their online system it might be a little farfetched but, hey, you'll still make it to your destination...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:56:58 PM by txtmax4 »

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
I guess this is where BA has a nice feature that others don't. Which is that even if you search for just one passenger, when the results open up, it'll say how many awards seats are available on that flight. (Although I dont trust BA's accuracy, and in particular their online system...)

Offline fly2euro

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
  In my case, I look for one way route from fco back to sfo, 6 award tickets...

I been missed on 0-3 now: the max I can get are 4 ( and with kids, that is a no-no ).

Date are @ july-16-2011 or after .

TIA,