Author Topic: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread  (Read 442852 times)

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 13, 2016, 09:24:01 PM »
Reminds me of an off day is camp ages ago. Was 18 and couldn't rent a car, so rented a U-Haul for the day to get around.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 13, 2016, 11:38:22 PM »
Reminds me of an off day is camp ages ago. Was 18 and couldn't rent a car, so rented a U-Haul for the day to get around.
Must have been in the same camp :) Done that a bunch of time from the U-Haul up the Catskills 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2102 on: September 25, 2016, 10:51:33 AM »
Don't know if this has been reported elsewhere, but AA is recoding domestic F to J... Should mean only double Avios now instead of 4x.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
Don't know if this has been reported elsewhere, but AA is recoding domestic F to J... Should mean only double Avios now instead of 4x.
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Source?

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 25, 2016, 03:11:33 PM »
Gary claims not.
https://mobile.twitter.com/garyleff/status/779799489951313920
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2106 on: October 19, 2016, 05:50:03 PM »
Not sure this is the right thread but here goes.....

I got an opportunity to go to israel solo for 2  days. This is a 1 time offer and I won't be able to do it again.

I never flew LH F and that would work out for me flying there. Flying back I have to go direct so I'm leaning towards United plan b.

Have about 110k m and m that I have no use for. So they would be perfect for LH f the only thing that's killing me is that if I originate the LH f in Tlv it will cost me 170k and I would get a free stop over and an RT of course.

The way my Itinerary is shaping out it would cost me 145k m and m for a one way. Am I nuts for doing this?

Am I missing something?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2107 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »
Dusting off the old thread.

Currently have SR MLE booked for mid November with perfectly timed flights. EK J there and EY Apt home.

But, since I also have reservations at SR MLE in Jan and Feb (best weather for MLE) I'm considering cancelling my November stay and doing Maui (OGG) instead in DL J.

But... Andaz and Hyatt OGG appear to be booked.

Give up EY Apt (which is a rare find these days) for more certain weather in Jan/Feb, but uncertain OGG hotels?

WWYD?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2108 on: October 26, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »
Def better weather unless you plan on going back.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 26, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »
Weather in the Maldives is Always  a hit or miss, i spoke to the Manager at the conrad and he said it rained for a good 10 days last year during January, I was there august and the weather was amazing. If you  have the flights and hotel reservation take your chances!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 26, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
Weather in the Maldives is Always  a hit or miss, i spoke to the Manager at the conrad and he said it rained for a good 10 days last year during January, I was there august and the weather was amazing. If you  have the flights and hotel reservation take your chances!

Def better weather unless you plan on going back.

This ^ pretty much encapsulates my internal struggle. Oiy.

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 26, 2016, 11:10:23 AM »
This ^ pretty much encapsulates my internal struggle. Oiy.

Also every Island is different weather and the weather services don't really provide for each one....

You'll probably get an idea about male itself but the weather changes by the hour...

Offline BarryLincoln

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #2112 on: October 26, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

Currently have SR MLE booked for mid November with perfectly timed flights. EK J there and EY Apt home.

But, since I also have reservations at SR MLE in Jan and Feb (best weather for MLE) I'm considering cancelling my November stay and doing Maui (OGG) instead in DL J.

Give up EY Apt (which is a rare find these days) for more certain weather in Jan/Feb, but uncertain OGG hotels?

WWYD?

Definitely SR MLE.  The SR/EK/EY combo is tough to give up.  Agree that weather is always hit or miss.  It's not like you're going in the dead of monsoon season... 

(We went in August and had 6 days of incredible weather...)

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »

WWYD?

Presumably a stupid question but did you play around with checkin dates and length of stay?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 26, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »

Presumably a stupid question but did you play around with checkin dates and length of stay?
Not stupid. I always search by individual day. I guess I should search for varying lengths?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: October 26, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »
Definitely SR MLE.  The SR/EK/EY combo is tough to give up.  Agree that weather is always hit or miss.  It's not like you're going in the dead of monsoon season... 

(We went in August and had 6 days of incredible weather...)
Ah, just when I am 60-40 OGG, I get a post like this, and I'm back to 60-40 MLE.

The flights and hotels are making this 65-35 MLE...

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 26, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »
Not stupid. I always search by individual day. I guess I should search for varying lengths?
Most def. The Andaz is one of to most notoriously sneaky and they frequently have minimum length of stay.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 26, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »
Most def. The Andaz is one of to most notoriously sneaky and they frequently have minimum length of stay.

Tried. Didn't seem to make a diff. Thanks for suggestion, though.

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 26, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »

WWYD?
Can I assume its without any kids?
Being that weather is the only thing MLE had going for it I would stick with certainty.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »
No kid.

Certainty with weather? Meaning to go to MLE in Jan/Feb?

Or certainty with flights and hotels? Meaning go to MLE in now?