Author Topic: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread  (Read 442994 times)

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread
« Reply #2240 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:22 AM »
MKK! Seems like it could potentially top LIH.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2241 on: January 29, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
I actually enjoyed the mini-cabin j on aa more then f because of the fa's chatting loudly in the galley the whole flight

Yeah, pretty sure I had that last time as well.

In this case, I think I'm gonna snag AA F because (i) I'll sit in second row away from galley, and (ii) more importantly, if I use AS to book return, I'll be able to include a segment on AA F 321T to LAX for free. Hard to beat EZE-JFK(stop)-LAX in true AA F for 85K, especially when second leg can be changed.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2242 on: January 29, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure I had that last time as well.

In this case, I think I'm gonna snag AA F because (i) I'll sit in second row away from galley, and (ii) more importantly, if I use AS to book return, I'll be able to include a segment on AA F 321T to LAX for free. Hard to beat EZE-JFK(stop)-LAX in true AA F for 85K, especially when second leg can be changed.
Go J mini-cabin to EZE in mini cabin for ~50K AA after 10% back and fly F back with AS.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2243 on: January 29, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
Go J mini-cabin to EZE in mini cabin for ~50K AA after 10% back and fly F back with AS.

Mini-cabin is taken, unfortunately. So booked AA F outbound for 71K MR (40% bonus MR-BA).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 29, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
Anyone know why AS doesn't see *any* of these AA F flights?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2245 on: January 29, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
Anyone know why AS doesn't see *any* of these AA F flights?
I don't think AS will book domestic 3 cabin first. PUTPAC I suppose.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 29, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
Wow, perhaps you're right?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 29, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
I don't think AS will book domestic 3 cabin first. PUTPAC I suppose.

Yeah, she didn't see it.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #2248 on: January 29, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
What ultimately swayed you to be confident re Zika in EZE?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 29, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »
What ultimately swayed you to be confident re Zika in EZE?

Fair question. Few things:

1) The late 2017 report posted above showed not a single actual, confirmed zika transmission in EZE proper. In fact, only four provinces had confirmed hits, the closest of which was in excess of 600 miles to the north;
2) I have cousins in EZE who confirmed that (i) they had not heard of a single confirmed zika transmission in EZE, and (ii) EZE'ians are not at all concerned about zika to the point where they asked "That's still a thing?" Anecdotal evidence, sure, but notable nonetheless;
3) CDC, as has been pointed out, does not distinguish between a country as a whole, and sub-part of a country (except, for whatever reason, in USA).  Considering point one, and the fact that Argentina is one million square miles of land (about a quarter of the size of USA), it seems incongruous to paint with a one-million-square-wide-brush in excluding the entire country;
4) Uruguay (where we'll spend 40% of the trip) and Chile, the two countries in SA that the CDC says are glatt kosher, occupy almost identically the same longitudinal position on the globe, with very little difference in elevation (6500 feet being the important threshold);
5) Our doctor did not seem concerned at all, but suggested, if it makes us feel more comfortable, to wear repellent; and
6) I have a call scheduled with a local doctor in EZE to confirm all of the above, but I assume it'll be a very quick phone call, with little variation to the conclusion.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:36:56 PM by AJK »

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #2250 on: January 30, 2018, 03:51:45 AM »
👍

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: January 30, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
Following up, doctor I spoke to said no issue, emphatically.

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: January 30, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »
Following up, doctor I spoke to said no issue, emphatically.
Awesome!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 06, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »
I'll take "Things you do not want to happen while you're staying at a hotel in a foreign country," for $600, Alex.

https://www.infobae.com/america/america-latina/2018/02/06/delincuentes-ingresaron-armados-al-lujoso-hotel-conrad-de-punta-del-este/

OMG.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »
I'll take "Things you do not want to happen while you're staying at a hotel in a foreign country," for $600, Alex.

https://www.infobae.com/america/america-latina/2018/02/06/delincuentes-ingresaron-armados-al-lujoso-hotel-conrad-de-punta-del-este/

OMG.
Oh my, were you in the hotel at the time?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 07, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »
50 feet away!!

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #2256 on: February 07, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »

OMG.
Google translate isn't coming up...
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 07, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »
50 feet away!!
That's crazy! I guess if it were to happen to anyone here it would probably be you
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
50 feet away!!
Is the Conrad of HH offering any compensation for the mental harm they caused you?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 07, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
Google translate isn't coming up...

Works for me. Right click.