Author Topic: Dumb mistakes we make playing these games.  (Read 73053 times)

Offline alpicone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb mistakes we make playing these games.
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Just spent 58k on IB at office supplies.  :-[

How long does it take you to unload $58k?

Offline Moes Tavern

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
Told them I forgot to use UR Mall.  They gave me courtesy points.
Good News. Sent them a SM and they credited my account this morning with the points.

Thank You
"I've done some things I'm not proud of, and the things I am proud of are pretty disgusting"

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
How long does it take you to unload $58k?
A few days.

Few - imprecise, only defined as 'more than one'  :)
REPOST!!!!!

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
@CV Personally, I think it's racist to suggest that I'll get sliced for saying something that certain people may not like.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline Freddie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2013, 10:14:18 AM »
How about clarifying your stereotype / racist comments.

Stereotype, yes. Racist, no. It's a socio-economic joke. You're the one who superimposed race. The scratch-off joke was making fun of the fact that in America, poor people have expendable income. My grandparents didn't go from poverty to upper middle class in one generation by buying lottery tickets or other needless crap.  :)

If you ever go to Harlem I would not use the term "ghetto-@ss" there.  ;)

Harlem? Yeah, cuz that's the quintessential African-American neighborhood, right? Maybe I'll go check out the Cotton Club and bump into Langston Hughes. Your choice of neighborhoods is as anachronistic as your ability to perceive racism where the is none.  :)

It has nothing to do where the idea was started. If you want we can do a little test. If you are ever out my way we will go to an east side club/bar and you are free to use that term. Before they slice and dice you I will explain you are from NY and didnít know any better.  :)

What kind of people "slice and dice" other people because the use of a phrase triggers their wrath? I'll tell you who. Ghetto-@ss.  :)

Bottom line, I love you, CV. You're a good man and you have a good heart, which is why you stand up against what you perceive to be injustice. (Yes, I followed your commentary on the Zimmerman thread last summer.) But this is 2014. The ability to perceive race everywhere is not a sign of compassion. Maybe it was in another generation. I hope you take this the right way.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
Ok, I will clarify... intellectually, the seminar did not have enough "meat" for me. I stand by that, although I did learn a few things. But emotionally, it's a big motivation. Farshteist du dem chiluk?

My 10 year old understood when I told him the rules, 15 and over. Honestly, I think he would have loved it, but it's okay, you can't give kids everything they want. Like the Rebbe Rashab used to lock the temimim out sometimes during a maamar so that they would have to strain to listen at the door. :-)
And I'll say once again, the point of these seminars is a bekiyos/girsa style to show the incredible breadth of what is possible.  And hopefully inspire people to dig deeper and leave their misconceptions behind.  99.9% of people learn something new.

It sounds like you were looking for a deep iyun shiur.  Like I said I can spend hours on any of the the 128 slides in the powerpoint.  But the market for that is tiny and everyone would want it given on a different slide.
So unless I'm opening a mileage university with 128 different courses I don't see how it would be feasible.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »
And I'll say once again, the point of these seminars is a bekiyos/girsa style to show the incredible breadth of what is possible.  And hopefully inspire people to dig deeper and leave their misconceptions behind.  99.9% of people learn something new.

It sounds like you were looking for a deep iyun shiur.  Like I said I can spend hours on any of the the 128 slides in the powerpoint.  But the market for that is tiny and everyone would want it given on a different slide.
So unless I'm opening a mileage university with 128 different courses I don't see how it would be feasible.
You would definitely have a student base. I have nothing better to do in Organic Chemistry than delve deeper in these topics. My friends always ask me after class what did I learn from the forums and researching today!

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
You would definitely have a student base. I have nothing better to do in Organic Chemistry than delve deeper in these topics. My friends always ask me after class what did I learn from the forums and researching today!
Don't give them a straight answer, they're using you... Unless they are researching too and giving you info...

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
FTU  :)
REPOST!!!!!

Offline shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
Don't give them a straight answer, they're using you... Unless they are researching too and giving you info...
They are not involved in this at all- they just know I love the game.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
They are not involved in this at all- they just know I love the game.
When they ask what you saw today, tell them we were all newbies at some point... I know someone who doesn't want to get involved, but wants to open a few cards so one day he'll have credit to qualify for a mortgage... He knows who to ask...

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »
It has nothing to do where the idea was started. If you want we can do a little test. If you are ever out my way we will go to an east side club/bar and you are free to use that term. Before they slice and dice you I will explain you are from NY and didnít know any better.  :)
Bottom of Lake Michigan?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »

Online ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
I made a large order on my credit card for someone and I forgot I was working toward 30K spending on my PRG card, so I used just any card. I got UR points, but I'm still more than 10K away from the 30, and I could have been less than 5!   :P

Offline SamKey

• View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
I made a large order on my credit card for someone and I forgot I was working toward 30K spending on my PRG card, so I used just any card. I got UR points, but I'm still more than 10K away from the 30, and I could have been less than 5!   :P
Issue spending 10k??? Never had such issues ::)