Author Topic: Flight Nightmare  (Read 2773 times)

Offline kc1544

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flight Nightmare
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
I just came back yesterday from Phoenix with AA to Laguardia via Dallas.
We were supposed to arrive at 5:25 but because of the weather and the fact that they had to refuel (because of the circling in the air) we landed in pittsburgh and finaly arrived at 10PM in lga (after circling yet again).
I know it was ultimately due to the weather (it was a serious nightmare for my wife who is pregnant and three small children), but do you think its worth me writing and requesting a refund. I bought three tickets with a cc and 2 tickets with mileage (all one ways).
And if they refuse, can i dispute the charges on my cc, as i did not pay to go pittsburgh etc)
Do i have a shot or is it a waste of my time?
Thanks,

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: Flight Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
I just came back yesterday from Phoenix with AA to Laguardia via Dallas.
We were supposed to arrive at 5:25 but because of the weather and the fact that they had to refuel (because of the circling in the air) we landed in pittsburgh and finaly arrived at 10PM in lga (after circling yet again).
I know it was ultimately due to the weather (it was a serious nightmare for my wife who is pregnant and three small children), but do you think its worth me writing and requesting a refund. I bought three tickets with a cc and 2 tickets with mileage (all one ways).
And if they refuse, can i dispute the charges on my cc, as i did not pay to go pittsburgh etc)
Do i have a shot or is it a waste of my time?
Thanks,

It was weather...what could they have done differently?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
 Pure waste of Time. Id say your odds are 1,000,000 times more in your favor for winning Lotto.

they never pay anything when its Weather related and Rightly so, otherwise EVERY Carrier would be out of business

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
I paid a cab yesterday to drive me to midtown, but he also stopped at a red light. Since I paid with a CC can I dispute 80 cents, since I never asked him to stop at a red light and the meter kept running?!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
I was stuck on the tarmac after landing, due to lightning, on a JetBlue flight. They gave me a $100 voucher without me saying anything
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
I paid a cab yesterday to drive me to midtown, but he also stopped at a red light. Since I paid with a CC can I dispute 80 cents, since I never asked him to stop at a red light and the meter kept running?!

Hey you are reading too many of my posts its starting to affect your thinking,LoL

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
This was the email I got from them

Dear ******,

Thank you for flying with JetBlue Airways on flight #1035 from Buffalo on May 1, 2007. We regret that we did not operate your flight as scheduled and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the delay at the gate may have caused you.

As part of our commitment to you and consistent with our Customer Bill of Rights, we have issued you a $100 JetBlue electronic voucher.  When you are ready to use your voucher, please call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) with your confirmation number ***** for this flight.  The voucher is for you and is non-transferable. JetBlue vouchers are valid for one year and can be applied towards JetBlue Airways reservations or to the airfare portion of a JetBlue Getaways vacation package.  Please visit our website's Help section for more information on how to use your voucher.

We thank you for choosing to fly with JetBlue Airways and hope you will continue to look to us for your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you onboard with us again soon.

Sincerely,

JetBlue Airways

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
I am in quite a bad mood tonight. But some posts are just..... But until I think like you, well it will still take some time ;-)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
I am in quite a bad mood tonight. But some posts are just..... But until I think like you, well it will still take some time ;-)

yea but thats how I felt when you Guys were attacking me for doing it, it just took you a very long time to Finally Understand it.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »
This was the email I got from them

Dear ******,

Thank you for flying with JetBlue Airways on flight #1035 from Buffalo on May 1, 2007. We regret that we did not operate your flight as scheduled and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the delay at the gate may have caused you.

As part of our commitment to you and consistent with our Customer Bill of Rights, we have issued you a $100 JetBlue electronic voucher.  When you are ready to use your voucher, please call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) with your confirmation number ***** for this flight.  The voucher is for you and is non-transferable. JetBlue vouchers are valid for one year and can be applied towards JetBlue Airways reservations or to the airfare portion of a JetBlue Getaways vacation package.  Please visit our website's Help section for more information on how to use your voucher.

We thank you for choosing to fly with JetBlue Airways and hope you will continue to look to us for your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you onboard with us again soon.

Sincerely,

JetBlue Airways

could be all the gates were taken and they couldnt pull into any. Although they probably could have relied on "weather" to get out of it they figured it was better to do it this way

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
No there was tons of lightning. And we were grounded for over 8 hours. I think they could've found an empty gate in JFK before then

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
Steve just because I agree with you on this case, it does not mean, that I agree on other cases! ;-) Lets at least agree to agree here, haha

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »
Steve just because I agree with you on this case, it does not mean, that I agree on other cases! ;-) Lets at least agree to agree here, haha

Never said that was the case! Yet, LoL ( nor do I ever expect that we will agree on Everything either) But my feeling is that as a person starts to become involved with Both The Game and any Site over time , they too will come to Realize that Common Sense isnt too Common, and that if a person would have thought about what they asking about in alot (not all) cases they wouldnt have asked it

FT is very much like that where after awhile a person starts to get trigger happy looking every which way to score some type of Compensation, after having read how so many others have done so that they dont care what the issue is they just want Compensation to be able to say they too have gotten it.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 07:30:07 PM »
No there was tons of lightning. And we were grounded for over 8 hours. I think they could've found an empty gate in JFK before then

wait that was in 5/2007 and you still kept the email about it? I didnt know B6 had a Customers Bill of Rights back then

nontheless depending on what time the plane came in , yes its possible that there were no Gates available anywhere in JFK, its happened at other airports so why not JFK. If you cant land due to weather most likely nothing is taking off either so the planes will be sitting at the Gates

I wasnt there so I dont know what the exact circumstances were

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
Because of that bad weather, I drove yesterday for longer than you flew... :(
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
wait that was in 5/2007 and you still kept the email about it?
There's this new start up company called Google. Looks promising. Anyway they have this thing they call Gmail...