Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

for 50K offer at 5k spend: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card

Benefits at $450/year.

Current signup offer is 50,000 points after $3,000 spend within 3 months.

Every calendar year you can get up to $250 in airfare credits from your Citi Prestige card.

One GE application credit which renews every 5 years. ($100 value).

Priority Pass Select Membership. Unlike PP that is gotten from Amex Platinum, with this one you can guest in 2 people or immediate family for free! (Can also get other people their own PP for just $50).

Free 4th Night stay at any Hotel.
      -   Can be combined with hotel promos for 3rd or 5th night free.

3x Points earning for all travel related purchases.

ThankYou points Transfers 1:1 to many Airlines including Flying Blue, Singapore and others.

ThankYou points Redemption Bonus. Citi Prestige gives you a 33% bonus to redeem ThankYou Points for most travel at 1.33 cents apiece, or for flights on American Airlines and US Airways at 1.6 cents apiece!

No Foreign Transaction Fees, Chip & Signature.

Three free rounds of Golf every year.

« Last edited by arihut on January 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Author Topic: Citi Prestige Card  (Read 359458 times)

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #1160 on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »

Can I move the points to my no fee TY preferred card? Even if yes, I can't transfer to airlines or no longer valuable?

Thanks
Yes, but they'll still expire in 90 days.
Correct, you can't transfer to airlines with the preferred card.

Life is as good as you make it...

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 09, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »
2 QUESTIONS: My citi prestige AF is due but have some points and I want to cancel, i already have no fee TY cards, If I cancel, will my TY points be worth less for flight redemption?

What happens to my TY points?

Thanks
Why don't you keep it open till January and get another $300 airlines credit, and then close/downgrade the card, and you'll get a pro rated refund.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 09, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »
Yes, but they'll still expire in 90 days.
Correct, you can't transfer to airlines with the preferred card.
But after this card is canceled, the points are no longer  as valuable as they are when the card was active? Like 33% more when used for AA flights?

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 09, 2016, 06:55:32 PM »
But after this card is canceled, the points are no longer  as valuable as they are when the card was active? Like 33% more when used for AA flights?
They have the same value as they always did up to their expiration date.

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 09, 2016, 07:58:42 PM »
They have the same value as they always did up to their expiration date.

Are you sure? I thought the 1.6 cents per point toward AA flights is only applicable if a Prestige card is open?

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 10, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
Why don't you keep it open till January and get another $300 airlines credit, and then close/downgrade the card, and you'll get a pro rated refund.

Ahh! You make lotta sense, I wish you advised me on this FIRST.  Anyway as I was spekaing about canceling the card if no retention offer is given, the call got disconnected and later i saw the card being closed so I let it be closed. I took advantage of 2 SC already. Opened in NOV of 2015.

Okay, I still have few points left on my TY online account after the card is closed,  can I transfer my wife's TY points to mine and I get better value of the TY points? and can I transfer them to airline account or redeem for mortgage?  She has no fee TY cards with some points.

Thanks

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 10, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »
Ahh! You make lotta sense, I wish you advised me on this FIRST.  Anyway as I was spekaing about canceling the card if no retention offer is given, the call got disconnected and later i saw the card being closed so I let it be closed. I took advantage of 2 SC already. Opened in NOV of 2015.

Okay, I still have few points left on my TY online account after the card is closed,  can I transfer my wife's TY points to mine and I get better value of the TY points? and can I transfer them to airline account or redeem for mortgage?  She has no fee TY cards with some points.

Thanks
You may be able to get your card reinstated within a certain timeframe, PUTPAC.

Offline raccah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 20, 2016, 07:10:36 AM »
Wait - this card is NOT like the Plat. The airline/travel credit does NOT reset annually! I have my statement right here and it says that the credit will reset to 250.00 on 12/07/2016 and will be good for a year. THis is a card with an statement date reset, not an annual reset like the plat and the chase ritz cards. Can someone here please validate - otherwise, I too could jump on this 12/8 and then again next year. The Prestige card states: . This statement credit is an annual benefit available for purchases appearing on your billing statements from December through the following December.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 20, 2016, 07:37:28 AM »
Wait - this card is NOT like the Plat. The airline/travel credit does NOT reset annually! I have my statement right here and it says that the credit will reset to 250.00 on 12/07/2016 and will be good for a year. THis is a card with an statement date reset, not an annual reset like the plat and the chase ritz cards. Can someone here please validate - otherwise, I too could jump on this 12/8 and then again next year. The Prestige card states: . This statement credit is an annual benefit available for purchases appearing on your billing statements from December through the following December.
Correct. This card resets at the last statement date to close in the year, not the last day of the year.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1169 on: November 20, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »
Anybody here have any experience with dropping the credit limit to around $2k resulting in the annual fee being reduced to $150?  I saw reports about this happening in another forum --- and all the benefits (including the travel credit) remain.  Essentially getting paid to have the card/perks...

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 20, 2016, 07:56:10 AM »
Anybody here have any experience with dropping the credit limit to around $2k resulting in the annual fee being reduced to $150?  I saw reports about this happening in another forum --- and all the benefits (including the travel credit) remain.  Essentially getting paid to have the card/perks...

That trick worked great for the Chase Ritz card, but only for the first year - after that the gig is over. It is based upon the CARD Act, whose rule only applies to the first year.

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 20, 2016, 07:58:39 AM »
Correct. This card resets at the last statement date to close in the year, not the last day of the year.

My point was that this card cannot be worked to triple dip, like one could possibly do with Plat or Ritz. Correct? The folks above were recommending that an OP wait to close their card, so that he/she can triple dip.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 20, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »
My point was that this card cannot be worked to triple dip, like one could possibly do with Plat or Ritz. Correct? The folks above were recommending that an OP wait to close their card, so that he/she can triple dip.
Wrong. You just have to time it right (and it's a bit of a crapshoot).
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1173 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:16 AM »
That trick worked great for the Chase Ritz card, but only for the first year - after that the gig is over. It is based upon the CARD Act, whose rule only applies to the first year.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original message.  The reports that I mentioned are referring to year 2 on up.  As in, Citi is applying that same 1st year logic for subsequent years.

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 20, 2016, 08:41:29 AM »
Wrong. You just have to time it right (and it's a bit of a crapshoot).

Sorry, I do not understand, if the card's credit is based upon anniversary date, than you get the credit when opened till the next December. Then hit it again, but that is it. So open in Nov 2015 get a year to use it - not one month - as this is anniversary based. Then use again in Dec 2016, great - but again that goes from Dec 2016 to Dec 2017. That is what the rules say, are you saying you can triple dip this how for one AF?

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »
Just to expand:

1st credit - Purchase made on the statement ending Dec 2015
    2nd credit - Purchase made on any statement between Jan 2016 and Dec 2016
    3rd credit - Purchase made on statement ending Jan 2017

This can be done - but this is NOT a triple dip! This is a triple dip with TWO AF! Again, unless I am missing something here.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 20, 2016, 09:06:51 AM »
Just to expand:

1st credit - Purchase made on the statement ending Dec 2015
    2nd credit - Purchase made on any statement between Jan 2016 and Dec 2016
    3rd credit - Purchase made on statement ending Jan 2017

This can be done - but this is NOT a triple dip! This is a triple dip with TWO AF! Again, unless I am missing something here.
Every triple dip includes two AF's, with Citi you have 37 days from the AF charge to close and be refunded.

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 20, 2016, 09:17:30 AM »
Every triple dip includes two AF's, with Citi you have 37 days from the AF charge to close and be refunded.

Yes, but this is not a triple dip, if it is from dec 2016 to dec 2017? There is no triple. Plat is annual, so triple dip works great. Prestige is statement year based - dec to dec is ONE year, the best is double dip, when u cancel after a month.

essentially: nov 2015, dec 2016, dec 2017, cancel jan 2017.

You get triple dip, but u paid in 2015 and in 2016 - no way around that! Anyway, I am done here. Enjoy

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 20, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
Sorry, I do not understand, if the card's credit is based upon anniversary date, than you get the credit when opened till the next December. Then hit it again, but that is it. So open in Nov 2015 get a year to use it - not one month - as this is anniversary based. Then use again in Dec 2016, great - but again that goes from Dec 2016 to Dec 2017. That is what the rules say, are you saying you can triple dip this how for one AF?
You are making a wrong assumption be thinking that it is based on anniversary date. I would attempt to explain, but you said

I am done here. Enjoy
so I won't bother.
JTZ

Offline raccah

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 20, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
Sorry, looks like I was mistaken. It does seem to be annually, just on the sides of dec. So, last year I got in dec 2015, before dec 11th, from a charge I made on 11/23/2015. Then again, in Jan 1, 2016. So, I guess I can get again in Dec 11, 2016 - aka the triple dip - if I wanted to close the card then? I see now. So essentially it is like Plat, but instead of actually using annual year - they use dec to dec as the annual year, which is fine I guess.

So, the open question is - when to buy the 3rd purchase - does it need to hit the dec statement - or must it be after dec 11, 2016 - when my credit resets. Sounds like it should be after dec 11th, 2016. TIA
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:03:52 AM by raccah »