Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

for 50K offer at 5k spend: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card

Benefits at $450/year.

Current signup offer is 50,000 points after $3,000 spend within 3 months.

Every calendar year you can get up to $250 in airfare credits from your Citi Prestige card.

One GE application credit which renews every 5 years. ($100 value).

Priority Pass Select Membership. Unlike PP that is gotten from Amex Platinum, with this one you can guest in 2 people or immediate family for free! (Can also get other people their own PP for just $50).

Free 4th Night stay at any Hotel.
      -   Can be combined with hotel promos for 3rd or 5th night free.

3x Points earning for all travel related purchases.

ThankYou points Transfers 1:1 to many Airlines including Flying Blue, Singapore and others.

ThankYou points Redemption Bonus. Citi Prestige gives you a 33% bonus to redeem ThankYou Points for most travel at 1.33 cents apiece, or for flights on American Airlines and US Airways at 1.6 cents apiece!

No Foreign Transaction Fees, Chip & Signature.

Three free rounds of Golf every year.

« Last edited by arihut on January 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Author Topic: Citi Prestige Card  (Read 356774 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #1380 on: July 16, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
And... as I was worried about, booking online would take away ability to use corp promos, discount codes, loyalty incentives... which means you're back to booking with concierge  ::)

Even bigger whiff.
Yep, totally useless.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1381 on: July 17, 2017, 04:06:49 AM »
This is really pathetic.  I truly was expecting a pleasant surprise, like more 3X categories (was hoping for gas like the Premier has) or an improvement to travel point redemptions, bringing it in line with the CSR, or at least an improvement over the current 1.25.

Offline jomaster28

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 17, 2017, 10:00:37 AM »
Many times the prices on other websites are cheaper than the rates the Concierge is quoting. In my experience, as long as you provide proof of the lower fee and which site has a lower nightly rate they will do their research and get thehotel to lower it.

I doubt a computer will have that ability, therefore a phone call to the concierge is likely still 100% required to maximize the benefit.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:27 AM »
Many times the prices on other websites are cheaper than the rates the Concierge is quoting. In my experience, as long as you provide proof of the lower fee and which site has a lower nightly rate they will do their research and get thehotel to lower it.

I doubt a computer will have that ability, therefore a phone call to the concierge is likely still 100% required to maximize the benefit.
This plus the fact that OTA's don't get elite benefits, makes the online booking option completely useless.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 25, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
Does an elal flight get the $250 flight credit?

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 25, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »
Does an elal flight get the $250 flight credit?

Yes, any ticket, as long as it posts as an airline charge.

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 30, 2017, 01:40:38 AM »
This plus the fact that OTA's don't get elite benefits, makes the online booking option completely useless.

So if you book through the concierge though you Will still get points and elite benefits (like breakfast)?  I'm looking to get this card to use this benefit but wouldn't do it if I'm not going to get points and status benefits.

Online gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 30, 2017, 02:31:56 AM »
So if you book through the concierge though you Will still get points and elite benefits (like breakfast)?  I'm looking to get this card to use this benefit but wouldn't do it if I'm not going to get points and status benefits.
Yes I have been using the Conceirge for last year and half always get my benefits and points , they basically book it through the hotels system for you they don't use a 3rd party booking. Also if have group codes from hotel or member prices tell them your number and they will get you that orice

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 30, 2017, 09:09:04 AM »
Had a 3 hour flight delay from JFK in July and decided to use the trip delay insurance. Went to a restaurant that cost a bit over $70 including tip and alcohol. Then bought $30 worth of snacks at Hudson News. I mailed the insurance claim on August 1, got a response on Aug 26 that they require the meal and hotel receipts (despite being included in the original mailing). Sent those over and got a response within a few hours stating that my claim was approved and that a check will be mailed in 3 days for the total amount. Super easy and I was happy to hear that they paid for the alcohol and tip.
FYI I got my military excuse printed by the rep at the lounge, much better than waiting in the loooong customer service line. The stated reason for the delay was weather and air traffic control. A+++ this is the reason I book all flights with Citi Prestige.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 30, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »
Had a 3 hour flight delay from JFK in July and decided to use the trip delay insurance. Went to a restaurant that cost a bit over $70 including tip and alcohol. Then bought $30 worth of snacks at Hudson News. I mailed the insurance claim on August 1, got a response on Aug 26 that they require the meal and hotel receipts (despite being included in the original mailing). Sent those over and got a response within a few hours stating that my claim was approved and that a check will be mailed in 3 days for the total amount. Super easy and I was happy to hear that they paid for the alcohol and tip.
FYI I got my military excuse printed by the rep at the lounge, much better than waiting in the loooong customer service line. The stated reason for the delay was weather and air traffic control. A+++ this is the reason I book all flights with Citi Prestige.

Wow, that's awesome! How long does the delay have to be to get this to kick in and what is the max of this benefit?

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 30, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »
Wow, that's awesome! How long does the delay have to be to get this to kick in and what is the max of this benefit?
3 hours (versus 6+ for most other cards). $500/traveler/trip. So could have spent $1k after just 3 hour delay.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 30, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »
3 hours (versus 6+ for most other cards). $500/traveler/trip. So could have spent $1k after just 3 hour delay.

It's a great and easy to use benefit. Make me wish that some flights would be delayed.. I put all travel on this.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 30, 2017, 11:47:29 PM »
Thanks So much guys. I have been debating getting this card but with the cuts to the 4th night free benefit (not including tax, etc) I decided against it but I book so much travel for work that I think it might be worth it just for this benefit.  This is for anyone flying on a ticket purchased with this card? Not just the cardholder?

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 31, 2017, 12:25:22 AM »
This is for anyone flying on a ticket purchased with this card? Not just the cardholder?

Correct.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 31, 2017, 12:25:55 AM »
Great thing with this one, is that it works even if just award fees paid with card, same travel protection.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: August 31, 2017, 01:15:20 AM »
Great thing with this one, is that it works even if just award fees paid with card, same travel protection.

Wow, so good to know!

Online shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 07, 2017, 05:25:30 AM »
I want to apply for the Prestige. I got the Premier 19 months ago but I downgraded it to the no annual fee Thank You card 6 months ago. Can I apply for the prestige now or do I need to wait another 12 months?
Thanks.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 07, 2017, 07:33:55 AM »
I want to apply for the Prestige. I got the Premier 19 months ago but I downgraded it to the no annual fee Thank You card 6 months ago. Can I apply for the prestige now or do I need to wait another 12 months?
Thanks.
DoC has a post about whether downgrading starts the 24 month clock over or not.

Online shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 07, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »
DoC has a post about whether downgrading starts the 24 month clock over or not.
And the Maskana is?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »
And the Maskana is?
It depends, read the post.