Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

for 50K offer at 5k spend: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card

Benefits at $450/year.

Current signup offer is 50,000 points after $3,000 spend within 3 months.

Every calendar year you can get up to $250 in airfare credits from your Citi Prestige card.

One GE application credit which renews every 5 years. ($100 value).

Priority Pass Select Membership. Unlike PP that is gotten from Amex Platinum, with this one you can guest in 2 people or immediate family for free! (Can also get other people their own PP for just $50).

Free 4th Night stay at any Hotel.
      -   Can be combined with hotel promos for 3rd or 5th night free.

3x Points earning for all travel related purchases.

ThankYou points Transfers 1:1 to many Airlines including Flying Blue, Singapore and others.

ThankYou points Redemption Bonus. Citi Prestige gives you a 33% bonus to redeem ThankYou Points for most travel at 1.33 cents apiece, or for flights on American Airlines and US Airways at 1.6 cents apiece!

No Foreign Transaction Fees, Chip & Signature.

Three free rounds of Golf every year.

« Last edited by arihut on January 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Author Topic: Citi Prestige Card  (Read 354191 times)

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #1560 on: May 14, 2020, 07:06:49 PM »
Recived this email from Citi- prestige card.
Just a bit delayed, but they're rolling out the change now.

Enjoy expanded categories for your $250 Travel Credit Benefit from 5/1/2020 through 12/31/2020
At Citi, we are committed to ensuring that the Citi Prestige Card continues to drive value for our customers throughout these unprecedented times.

Although we hope for life to return to normal in the near future, we understand that traveling may not be possible for you right now. As such, we have temporarily expanded the categories of purchases that qualify for the $250 Travel Credit benefit1 to help cardmembers who haven’t already received the full value of this benefit in 2020, even if they aren’t able to travel.

Between May 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, in addition to Travel purchases, purchases made with your Citi Prestige Card at Supermarkets and Restaurants (including takeout) will also count toward this Expanded $250 Travel Credit benefit in 2020.

cross posting-much better 🙂

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 14, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
cross posting-much better 🙂
I deleted my post there.
now go ahead and delete your response there.
And BTW, is cross-posting critics any better? ;)

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 05, 2020, 05:18:53 PM »
Does Citi 4th night hotel statement credit apply to any property on booking. Com for instance? Would a Ritz penthouse be eligible?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 05, 2020, 05:52:32 PM »
Does Citi 4th night hotel statement credit apply to any property on booking. Com for instance? Would a Ritz penthouse be eligible?
It needs to be bookable (and booked) on ThankYou.com online portal, but for the most part they are
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 05, 2020, 08:19:34 PM »
It needs to be bookable (and booked) on ThankYou.com online portal, but for the most part they are
Thanks! Don't seethe particular room designation on TY. Com but do see other rooms/residences listed from the same property. I'll post back if I wind up booking successfully.
One more q, would I earn Marriott points for my stay if booking is made via Citi?

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »
A Citi Prestige rep confirmed that all Prestige card members will receive an automatic $225 statement credit towards the annual fee.  Haven't seen it mentioned previously, but I may have overlooked the post.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 08:16:44 PM by Elikip »

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 07, 2020, 08:20:55 PM »
A Citi Prestige rep confirmed that all Prestige card members will receive an automatic $225 statement credit towards the annual fee.  Haven't seen it mentioned previously, but I may have overlooked the post.
I have a feeling the rep mixed it up with the AA Executive card but I definitely hope I'm wrong.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 07, 2020, 08:27:01 PM »
I have a feeling the rep mixed it up with the AA Executive card but I definitely hope I'm wrong.
I asked about retention offer (spent approx $110k) was told there would be an automatic $225 statement credit awarded (I do not have any AA cards with Citi) and was also offered another retention offer on top of that

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 07, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »
I asked about retention offer (spent approx $110k) was told there would be an automatic $225 statement credit awarded (I do not have any AA cards with Citi) and was also offered another retention offer on top of that
If that's true then the card is basically free which is great.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 07, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
That would be huge.
Better than CSR.

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 07, 2020, 08:37:06 PM »
If that's true then the card is basically free which is great.
Rep said she believes they sent out an email but I saw no such email/announcement to date. She was also wondering aloud why first rep (who transferred me to retention dept) didn't mention the credit that's coming.
I'll report back if/when statement credit posts

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 07, 2020, 08:38:42 PM »
That would be huge.
Better than CSR.
I'm doomed there, with a January renewal date. Hopefully they will extend the statement credit past 12/31 renewals

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 07, 2020, 08:49:20 PM »
I'm doomed there, with a January renewal date. Hopefully they will extend the statement credit past 12/31 renewals
Mine renewed in March, am I also doomed?

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 07, 2020, 09:50:44 PM »
Mine renewed in March, am I also doomed?
I would like to believe they'll extend the statement credit offer so that every cardholder is eligible at least once. My wishful hoping...

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 09, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
And your feeling is right. Another rep just told me that offer was never available on the Prestige, only on the executive. Apparently the associate who offered it to me was misinformed, as there was at least one other piece of information she casually promised that was untrue.
Sigh. Double sigh.
Triple sigh for me actually because I've been paying $350 for the last couple of years because I had a Citigold checking account for a few months during the first year I had the Prestige. The au was always rebilled at the reduced rate. Now that the rate increased to $495, the system probably updated 😐
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:42:43 PM by Elikip »

Offline shiframeir

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #1575 on: August 18, 2020, 03:33:25 PM »
Rep said she believes they sent out an email but I saw no such email/announcement to date. She was also wondering aloud why first rep (who transferred me to retention dept) didn't mention the credit that's coming.
I'll report back if/when statement credit posts
i got shot down, good citi private bank customer and all they offered me was 10k points extra if i spend 3k each month for 3 months! note i already only pay $350 annually with private bank, did the $225 credit come for a full annual fee (495?)

Offline Zalc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 13, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »
How long does it take until the Travel/Grocery credits for the prestige card post for 2021?

I have to downgrade before my next statement date to get a full AF refund...

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1577 on: July 11, 2021, 02:11:35 AM »
I had a phone call with someone in Citi's CC division (not a customer service rep).  While nothing was said in black and white explicit terms except what I put in quotation marks, what was said was pretty thinly veiled:

Prestige is a goner, "existing cardholders have nothing to fear and may stay on," and a "new card that would be very interesting to someone like me" (I have Prestige, Premier, Rewards+ for the record) "that combines great features from other Citi cards on offer" should be released shortly, and "to check Citi.com on a daily basis."

Offline HoKo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 15, 2021, 05:38:53 PM »
I had a phone call with someone in Citi's CC division (not a customer service rep).  While nothing was said in black and white explicit terms except what I put in quotation marks, what was said was pretty thinly veiled:

Prestige is a goner, "existing cardholders have nothing to fear and may stay on," and a "new card that would be very interesting to someone like me" (I have Prestige, Premier, Rewards+ for the record) "that combines great features from other Citi cards on offer" should be released shortly, and "to check Citi.com on a daily basis."

Yup, FM and DoC covered this as well: https://frequentmiler.com/citi-dumps-the-prestige-card-no-longer-accepting-applications/

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1579 on: December 06, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »
Where can you change your phone number online?
Can't find where to access my profile for name, address and phone #.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half