Author Topic: Jokes Master Thread  (Read 704833 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
What time do Lubavitch normally start their meal? Or does it depend on each person?
In Cleveland 12:30.
In Crown Heights anywhere from 12:30-2:30.

Can't imagine eating a big shabbos lunch at 10 in the morning.  Would make for an epic nap I suppose though from lunch until mincha on a long shabbos.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Can't imagine eating a big shabbos lunch at 10 in the morning.  Would make for an epic nap I suppose though from lunch until mincha on a long shabbos.

It makes shalosh seudos and melave malka 1000x easier :)
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
It makes shalosh seudos and melave malka 1000x easier :)
Definitely less #FOMOM if nothing else.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Definitely less #FOMOM if nothing else.

Huh?
GINMF
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Huh?
GINMF
Was watching football and saw #FOMOF (Fear Of Missing Out on Football)
which would make FOMOM Fear Of Missing Out on Milchigs :D

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Was watching football and saw #FOMOF (Fear Of Missing Out on Football)
which would make FOMOM Fear Of Missing Out on Milchigs :D
lol

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
In Cleveland 12:30.
In Crown Heights anywhere from 12:30-2:30.

Its easy for you guys, you eat breakfast!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Do you really eat a whole meal at 10am?
Many Israelis start at 9:30 or earlier
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
If a white girl eats something, and no one is around to Instagram it, did it even happen?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If a white girl eats something, and no one is around to Instagram it, did it even happen?
ALOL :D

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Many Israelis start at 9:30 or earlier
Especially now that they changed the clock

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Two middle-aged men, Shmuel and Aaron, are learning together in the Beis Midrash. When they come to a break, Shmuel says:

"You know, my daughter is getting married next month. We've been learning together for years, and so I'd like to honor you with being one of the witnesses at the ceremony."

At this, Aaron looks a little embarrassed and says: "I'm sorry, Shumuel, but I'm afraid I have to turn you down. You see, well, I'm actually not Jewish so I can't serve as a witness."

"What do you mean you're not Jewish?" asks Shmuel. "We've been learning together for years. How can it be that you're not Jewish?"
"Well," answers Aaron, "I've always found the learning to be a great intellectual exercise. And, of course, I also like spending time with you. But, in the end, I'm still not Jewish."

"But hold on," Shumuel protested. "I've seen you keep Shabbos. You know that a non-Jew isn't allowed to keep Shabbos."
"Ah," replied Aaron serenely, "you only *thought* you saw me keep Shabbos. The truth of the matter is that I always kept a key in my pocket when I walked outside. This way I always carried on Shabbos."

"But there's an eruv!" said Shmuel.

"Yes," countered Aaron, "but I don't hold of the eruv."
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Two middle-aged men, Shmuel and Aaron, are learning together in the Beis Midrash. When they come to a break, Shmuel says:

"You know, my daughter is getting married next month. We've been learning together for years, and so I'd like to honor you with being one of the witnesses at the ceremony."

At this, Aaron looks a little embarrassed and says: "I'm sorry, Shumuel, but I'm afraid I have to turn you down. You see, well, I'm actually not Jewish so I can't serve as a witness."

"What do you mean you're not Jewish?" asks Shmuel. "We've been learning together for years. How can it be that you're not Jewish?"
"Well," answers Aaron, "I've always found the learning to be a great intellectual exercise. And, of course, I also like spending time with you. But, in the end, I'm still not Jewish."

"But hold on," Shumuel protested. "I've seen you keep Shabbos. You know that a non-Jew isn't allowed to keep Shabbos."
"Ah," replied Aaron serenely, "you only *thought* you saw me keep Shabbos. The truth of the matter is that I always kept a key in my pocket when I walked outside. This way I always carried on Shabbos."

To which Shmuel replied "I don't hold by it either for Shabbos, but I think now we should go by it Lechumrah and kill you anyways".

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile

To which Shmuel replied "I don't hold by it either for Shabbos, but I think now we should go by it Lechumrah and kill you anyways".
Its a nice joke, but the "not holding of the eruv" is actually not necessarily Chilul Shabbos.

IF not holding of the eruv means the actual eruv, then it would be a karmalis and only an issur Drabanun. IF not holding of the eruv means is it possible to have an eruv, as its really a rishus harabim, then it would be chilul Shabbos.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Its a nice joke, but the "not holding of the eruv" is actually not necessarily Chilul Shabbos.

IF not holding of the eruv means the actual eruv, then it would be a karmalis and only an issur Drabanun. IF not holding of the eruv means is it possible to have an eruv, as its really a rishus harabim, then it would be chilul Shabbos.
So if an Aku"m was Shoves Mideoraisa but was Over on a Derabanan is he Chayav Misa?

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
So if an Aku"m was Shoves Mideoraisa but was Over on a Derabanan is he Chayav Misa?
I dont get it.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.

What do a frog and a joke have in common? Once you dissect it it dies... V'hamaven Yaven.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
What do a frog and a joke have in common? Once you dissect it it dies... V'hamaven Yaven.

Why a frog? Wouldn't any animal or human die if dissected? And some people just don't understand jokes, but still find it funny when explained to them so a jokes not really dead when dissected.

;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum

Doesn't it die before it's dissected?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Doesn't it die before it's dissected?
Exactly. It dies as soon the first person says 'I don't get it...'