Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 885528 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #2660 on: October 23, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »
Did you read the story ????

It was at a different store ....
The only Thing that makes sense is S&S card. That's a simple fix to get around this problem.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 23, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
I told him. Next time to not give the s&s card and ask for the points to be loadef manually afterwards. Is that your fix ?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: October 23, 2015, 01:44:34 AM »
I told him. Next time to not give the s&s card and ask for the points to be loadef manually afterwards. Is that your fix ?
That's a bigger pain, but doable. I was just thinking different s&s card.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: October 23, 2015, 02:00:26 AM »
My question is how did you manage to charge that much to one credit card (if that's what you did) w/o causing a security alert. Sometimes I can't even get through 1k w/o a problem...

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 23, 2015, 02:08:27 AM »
My question is how did you manage to charge that much to one credit card (if that's what you did) w/o causing a security alert. Sometimes I can't even get through 1k w/o a problem...
As the CC gets more and more usage, it gets used to bigger charges and it stops sending out fraud alerts for smaller (relatively) purchases. Anyhow, how do you know it was one card/with no fraud alerts...?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 23, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »
That's a bigger pain, but doable. I was just thinking different s&s card.
As mentioned before. S&S will combine accounts if the information is the same. They ask for a drivers license so far I have only one of that

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: October 23, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
As the CC gets more and more usage, it gets used to bigger charges and it stops sending out fraud alerts for smaller (relatively) purchases. Anyhow, how do you know it was one card/with no fraud alerts...?
I don't; but if there was, that can take a lot of time...

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: October 23, 2015, 08:45:21 AM »
I have a hunch. The second S&S this guy went to tried to do the first $500 and then the register asks for a manger override. That's the way it always works. The CS person mistook that as the system not allowing it altogether. Considering that this guy had already done $4500 that day he took what they said at face value; that the system maxes out at $5000. In reality it could be he could've kept on going. Just a guess at what might've happened.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: October 23, 2015, 11:06:29 AM »
I have a hunch. The second S&S this guy went to tried to do the first $500 and then the register asks for a manger override. That's the way it always works. The CS person mistook that as the system not allowing it altogether. Considering that this guy had already done $4500 that day he took what they said at face value; that the system maxes out at $5000. In reality it could be he could've kept on going. Just a guess at what might've happened.
It was a manager that helped him at the 2nd store.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: October 23, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »
It was a manager that helped him at the 2nd store.
Unless she tried to use the key and the system still said no, it doesn't mean anything. I've had "managers" say $1000 is the max the system wil allow.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: October 23, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
Unless she tried to use the key and the system still said no, it doesn't mean anything. I've had "managers" say $1000 is the max the system wil allow.
This could be. If he recalls correctly she did not use the key to override.
She first scanned his s&s card. Then scanned the first gift card for $500. She tried to scan the 2nd card and the system rejected. I guess she did not want to override ....

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 23, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
This could be. If he recalls correctly she did not use the key to override.
She first scanned his s&s card. Then scanned the first gift card for $500. She tried to scan the 2nd card and the system rejected. I guess she did not want to override ....
Well there is our answer!! The system always asks for a manager key override after $500. I'm willing to bet had he started a new transaction it would've allowed it.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 23, 2015, 11:44:12 AM »
Just realized I have proof to my theory. If he did $4500 of cards on the first store with fees, his total would be $4553.55. He then did another $500 with fees bringing his total to $5059.50. According to the first manager the total with fees isn't allowed to be over $5000. So there you have it.

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 23, 2015, 02:00:02 PM »
Does each week start Friday?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 23, 2015, 02:03:52 PM »
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 27, 2015, 02:05:50 AM »
Sears 5x 10/30-11/5

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 27, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
Someone I know  was charged 2200 points on a 1.87 full up. I thought of its less than 2.20 your not charged the full amount
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 27, 2015, 07:33:23 AM »
Next week,  Sears is 5x

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 27, 2015, 07:34:29 AM »
Someone I know  was charged 2200 points on a 1.87 full up. I thought of its less than 2.20 your not charged the full amount
They can call in and get back 330 points