Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 864703 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #3980 on: November 17, 2018, 08:44:54 PM »
I tried in TR, didn't work and was told by the manager that corporate had come down there.... And they changed it so self checkout doesn't work..
I tried by a reg cashier with the same account and it worked fine..
Worked for me at self checkout in TR on Friday. Was it not scanning at all?

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: November 17, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
oh sorry, do you perhaps hold some s&s shares?
What a stupid response! AJK made a valid point. Seriously the entitlement of some is off the charts. When they no longer offer this promo due to the insane abuse, will you make the same snarky comment?

Offline knowitall

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: November 17, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »
Guys take a close look at your receipts: if you see it printed missing a tiny spot along the entire length of the receipt, and that missing part cuts through the barcode, your coupon won't scan at any register or self checkout ANYWHERE. Also if your coupon gets "crinkled" it might not scan. TR S&S has a few registers and the customer service that prints receipts that won't scan. So before posting a DP that something didn't work, make sure it's not just a bad coupon.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3983 on: November 17, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
oh sorry, do you perhaps hold some s&s shares?
yes actually a bunch of us make a ton of $ off S & S so when people do stupid things to ruin it it does affect us

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: November 17, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »
What a stupid response! AJK made a valid point. Seriously the entitlement of some is off the charts. When they no longer offer this promo due to the insane abuse, will you make the same snarky comment?
Interesting perspective. Doesn't most deals get killed because of "insane abuse"? I would be willing to bet some complaining now participated in this "insane abuse" on some of these dead deals.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3985 on: November 17, 2018, 10:53:35 PM »
Interesting perspective. Doesn't most deals get killed because of "insane abuse"? I would be willing to bet some complaining now participated in this "insane abuse" on some of these dead deals.
at least they are learning from their mistakes

Offline Jeremiah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: November 17, 2018, 10:58:48 PM »
Guys take a close look at your receipts: if you see it printed missing a tiny spot along the entire length of the receipt, and that missing part cuts through the barcode, your coupon won't scan at any register or self checkout ANYWHERE. Also if your coupon gets "crinkled" it might not scan. TR S&S has a few registers and the customer service that prints receipts that won't scan. So before posting a DP that something didn't work, make sure it's not just a bad coupon.
Most notably, one of the registers at the CS desk in TR

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: November 17, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
Not sure if that is referring to me or not. Either way, no one here is a saint, and yes we all push limits at some point or another. I'm not referring to someone pushing a promotion or benefit to the max. I'm referring to people that are scanning the coupon and dropping the wrong part of the receipt in the coupon slot. I'm referring to people that are going to make sure stop and shop "pays him back" for a stupid mistake that he made. The entitlement that makes people essentially steal from S&S is what I'm referring to.That is completely different than maximizing a benefit, or overusing a benefit to the point that the company behind it gets upset.

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: November 18, 2018, 12:35:18 AM »
stupid as in? there was no sense in what he wrote, so a reply to nonsense, is usually nonsense as well.
all I meant was that I'll need to go back and get another coupon to offset my loss, and he got all irritated.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: November 18, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
Not sure if that is referring to me or not.
No I was not referring to you. We all have a different perspective on these things.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: November 18, 2018, 12:45:21 AM »
stupid as in? there was no sense in what he wrote, so a reply to nonsense, is usually nonsense as well.
all I meant was that I'll need to go back and get another coupon to offset my loss, and he got all irritated.
Then say that. The stories coming out of Lakewood every time one of these deals come up are mind boggling. When you write you will make sure they pay for it, it sounds more like the scams people are doing there....

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: November 18, 2018, 12:51:53 AM »
No I was not referring to you. We all have a different perspective on these things.
Agreed and some times it's a fine line.

The way I see it is if you are going to maximize and do it quietly it will last a lot longer than abusing it in public. I remember last time there was guy bragging that he did 10k in one shot at one register. In my opinion that is a lot different than doing 10k over a 2 week span, in a few different stores. Both scenarios are essentially abusing it. One is not nearly as likely to kill it as the other.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: November 18, 2018, 01:53:04 AM »
Agreed and some times it's a fine line.

The way I see it is if you are going to maximize and do it quietly it will last a lot longer than abusing it in public. I remember last time there was guy bragging that he did 10k in one shot at one register. In my opinion that is a lot different than doing 10k over a 2 week span, in a few different stores. Both scenarios are essentially abusing it. One is not nearly as likely to kill it as the other.
10k in GC's or 10k in shopping with coupons?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: November 18, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
10k in GC's or 10k in shopping with coupons?
Gc’s meaning 100 transactions, that required multiple overrides. I think there was also something about doing 100’s of coupon redemptions too.... you get the picture..... I had mangers tell me of the abuse they deal with regarding other S&S programs, and that it’s reported to corporate. All I am saying is that people need to use their head, these guys are not stupid. Besides for the blatant Chillul hashem, no reason to kill a good thing. I’ve personally saved 1000’s of dollars a year with S&S without drawing too much attention to myself.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: November 18, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
Gc’s meaning 100 transactions, that required multiple overrides. I think there was also something about doing 100’s of coupon redemptions too.... you get the picture..... I had mangers tell me of the abuse they deal with regarding other S&S programs, and that it’s reported to corporate. All I am saying is that people need to use their head, these guys are not stupid. Besides for the blatant Chillul hashem, no reason to kill a good thing. I’ve personally saved 1000’s of dollars a year with S&S without drawing too much attention to myself.
Unfortunately that horse has left the barn a long time age. Discretion is no longer part of the game.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: November 18, 2018, 09:44:29 AM »
$100 gc transactions dont require a single overide

Offline cwh82

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: November 18, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »

I had one or two coupons where the ink was faded and won't scan.  I ended up scanning another coupon without faded ink and dropping the one that won't scan into the coupon receptacle.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: November 18, 2018, 11:29:21 AM »
I had one or two coupons where the ink was faded and won't scan.  I ended up scanning another coupon without faded ink and dropping the one that won't scan into the coupon receptacle.

and here comes the big kicker. maybe that guy you all were bashing was doing the same thing?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: November 18, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
and here comes the big kicker. maybe that guy you all were bashing was doing the same thing?
I have witnessed this myself last promotion. someone was putting a piece of the circular in and re scanning the same coupon.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: November 18, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
$100 gc transactions dont require a single overide
Could be. I have never done massive volume in one shot, I believe that guy posted that after a certain amount in a row it did require one.