Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 865083 times)

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #500 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »
Will they at least sell a single $500 card and accept payment via credit card? Do they have them in stock?

It seems that they have them in stock, but they made a limit in how much money you can buy in GC"s. You should still be able to buy a $500 GC, why not? It'll just take some more effort.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 27, 2014, 12:06:02 AM »
Does it make sense that the receipt had the correct updated total... But online is still coming up with yesterday's total? If I fill up tomorrow morning (I know it can take 24 hrs to update) will it go according to the receipt total or online?

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »
Does it make sense that the receipt had the correct updated total... But online is still coming up with yesterday's total? If I fill up tomorrow morning (I know it can take 24 hrs to update) will it go according to the receipt total or online?

You need to assume that there isn't such a glitch in their system. I would assume it'll go with the online total (updated one). Otherwise, you have discovered something.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 27, 2014, 12:25:04 AM »
You need to assume that there isn't such a glitch in their system. I would assume it'll go with the online total (updated one). Otherwise, you have discovered something.
No I wasn't clear ... Purchased GC at stop and shop the receipt said total was 5846 (yesterday's total was 1846) but online it's still showing 1846 for yesterday's total.....

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »
No I wasn't clear ... Purchased GC at stop and shop the receipt said total was 5846 (yesterday's total was 1846) but online it's still showing 1846 for yesterday's total.....

Yes it makes sense. Give it some more time and if not PUTPAC CS.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »
Last week it took 24 hours for the points to show in my account. This week it posted instantly.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 27, 2014, 12:37:16 AM »
Last week it took 24 hours for the points to show in my account. This week it posted instantly.

Well there you have it  :)

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 27, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
Got an email from Toys R Us:
The Fuel Rewards Network program is a free loyalty program that helps you save money on fuel. Join and link your “R”Us MasterCard® to save up to 50˘ per gallon.*†

It's easy as 1, 2, 3 to save on Shell fuel:

1.JOIN Fuel Rewards Network and link your “R”Us MasterCard®, and you will earn 25˘/gal in fuel savings.*

2.USE your Fuel Rewards Network Card and purchase 8 gallons or more at participating Shell stations and you will earn an additional 25˘/gal in fuel savings.†

3.Continue using your Fuel Rewards Network Card to earn rewards and redeem at participating Shell stations.

Plus, when you use your linked “R”Us MasterCard® on everyday purchases at eligible retailers, you can earn Fuel Rewards® savings throughout the year.

Learn more and join for free at fuelrewards.com/mastercard.

ETA:
Here's the t&c:
MasterCard Linking Offer valid 5/5/14 through 8/3/14 at 11:59 EST. To qualify for this offer, you must: (1) be or become an FRN Member; (2) obtain an FRN Card or Member ID; and (3) link a valid MasterCard credit, signature debit, and/or signature prepaid card to your FRN Account between 5/5/14 and 8/3/14. Upon linking your MasterCard you will earn a one-time 25˘/gal MasterCard Linking Bonus. Already existing FRN Members who have linked a MasterCard to their FRN Account prior to 5/5/14 are not eligible for this 25˘/gal MasterCard Linking Bonus. No purchase necessary. Fuel Rewards savings will post to your FRN Account approximately 10-15 business days after you link your MasterCard.

†Shell sign-up bonus valid 5/5/14 through 8/3/14 at 11:59 CST. To qualify for this sign-up bonus, you must: (1) be a new Fuel Rewards Network™ (FRN) Member; (2) obtain an FRN Card or Member ID; and (3) make an initial fuel purchase of at least 8 gallons at a participating Shell station using your FRN Card or Member ID. The 25˘/gal sign-up bonus will be added to your FRN Account within 2 business days of your initial fuel purchase. Sign-up bonus IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST ONE MILLION NEW FRN MEMBERS.

The Fuel Rewards® savings earned through the Shell sign-up bonus and MasterCard Linking Offer expire on the last day of the month immediately following the month in which they are earned. Redeem Fuel Rewards at any participating Shell station for up to 20 gallons of fuel. The FRN program is owned and operated by Excentus Corporation. Offers may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Not valid where prohibited by law. Please see fuelrewards.com for complete FRN program details and Terms and Conditions

Can this somehow be combined with S&S?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:05:06 AM by WAM »

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:28 AM »
Got an email from Toys R Us:

Cool. I wonder if this is stackable with the Stop and Shop gas rewards. Gas would almost be free!

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:46 AM »
Cool. I wonder if this is stackable with the Stop and Shop gas rewards. Gas would almost be free!
I just added the t&c to my op. It's not as simple as it sounded at first.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 27, 2014, 01:05:48 AM »
I just added the t&c to my op. It's not as simple as it sounded at first.

Okay. Let us know how it goes.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 27, 2014, 01:07:37 AM »
Is there any way to use both the FRN & the S&S cards in the transaction?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 27, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »
I don't think so. Because when you go to the pump and press rewards program you have. A choice of stop and shop " OR " FRN.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 27, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
I don't think so. Because when you go to the pump and press rewards program you have. A choice of stop and shop " OR " FRN.
I was thinking as follows: Put the S&S in by the pump, & when you go to pay, ask the dude to scan your S&S card. Perhaps they can scan both inside. Does anybody here have both cards & would be willing to try & report back?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:38:27 AM by WAM »

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 27, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »
Not all stations participate in both programs. The one that I noticed had both made you choose one

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 27, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
Whomever hid the Visa gift Cards at the Ave Y store in Brooklyn did a really sloppy job. It took me about 2 minutes to find it!! :)

They have a promo now of 400 points for buying 9 items from a list that includes cans of pitted olives and cereal... This is a great way to get the full value of 2 x 2200 buy only buying $1k in GC's.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2014, 06:39:10 PM »
Whomever hid the Visa gift Cards at the Ave Y store in Brooklyn did a really sloppy job. It took me about 2 minutes to find it!! :)

They have a promo now of 400 points for buying 9 items from a list that includes cans of pitted olives and cereal... This is a great way to get the full value of 2 x 2200 buy only buying $1k in GC's.

Dirty move!  >:(

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2014, 06:39:55 PM »
I was at Stop and Shop and the guy at the customer service desk near monsey told me, "One guy has 46K points".

Which DDF'er is this?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »
46K?

Peanuts ;)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »