Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 864763 times)

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #2060 on: June 23, 2015, 01:01:25 PM »
I used my phone number in lakewood, worked just fine
You can use your phone #, and don't need the S&S #?

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
You can use your phone #, and don't need the S&S #?
Yup

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile

Offline lyla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 24, 2015, 11:29:32 AM »
I guess the answer to this question is YMMV!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 24, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »
I guess the answer to this question is YMMV!
Nah I did some more research and believe the only reason he was successful is because s&s and giant are technically one company (yes I know the loyalty cards don't work for each other...) however in my case Ralph's is completely independent from s&s. They both happen to have a loyalty program with shell. It's a very very slim chance that my card would work on the west coast.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 24, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »
Nah I did some more research and believe the only reason he was successful is because s&s and giant are technically one company (yes I know the loyalty cards don't work for each other...) however in my case Ralph's is completely independent from s&s. They both happen to have a loyalty program with shell. It's a very very slim chance that my card would work on the west coast.
I would love to be wrong on this one, yet your post makes absolute sense.  They even share the same advertising/marketing/website information. 

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 24, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
Anybody know where I can see a list of shells that participate in the gas program? More specifically do any shells in California, Nevada, Arizona, participate?
STOP & SHOP site>store locator>BELOW store locator on left side is SHELL station locator.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 24, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »
I would love to be wrong on this one, yet your post makes absolute sense.  They even share the same advertising/marketing/website information.
So why don't their loyalty cards work for each other? Think Wal-Mart/sams club. they are one company yet operate almost completely independent from one another...

P.S. Why would you love to be wrong on this one?

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 24, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
So why don't their loyalty cards work for each other? Think Wal-Mart/sams club. they are one company yet operate almost completely independent from one another...

P.S. Why would you love to be wrong on this one?
Loyalty cards?  Don't know.  p.s.? I, too, would like to use my S&S gas points while traveling.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:11:07 PM by srap »

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 24, 2015, 06:12:10 PM »
Loyalty cards?  Don't know.  p.s.? I, too, would like to use my S&S while traveling.
Oh I misunderstood your post, thought you were saying that you would love to be wrong about it being the same company... Anyhow based on reports on FT seems we are out of luck. People there actually reported S&S points not working even at stations accepting Giant. That being the case it seems very far fetched to assume that there is any chance of it working at a shell accepting Ralph's.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: June 24, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »
Oh I misunderstood your post, thought you were saying that you would love to be wrong about it being the same company... Anyhow based on reports on FT seems we are out of luck. People there actually reported S&S points not working even at stations accepting Giant. That being the case it seems very far fetched to assume that there is any chance of it working at a shell accepting Ralph's.
:( , yet logical.

Offline TAVI

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 25, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
looks like the promo is back on Visa GCs with 2x gas points and is valid through 7/16

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 25, 2015, 07:07:51 PM »
looks like the promo is back on Visa GCs with 2x gas points and is valid through 7/16
Posted several times up thread, and added to the wiki. Why don't people read?

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 25, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
my bad, was following the thread, but lapsed the last few days.

was very surprised to see them offering another promo so close after the last 3X one. usually they spread these few months apart.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 25, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
my bad, was following the thread, but lapsed the last few days.

was very surprised to see them offering another promo so close after the last 3X one. usually they spread these few months apart.
Yup, also running for very long time, this time around.

Offline kayef

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 26, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »
I saw mentioned upthread that you can just give your phone # that is associated with s&s at shell to get discount.

Do they ever give problems?

Can I tell family members to use my phone # and they will get the discount without having to give everyone a card?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 26, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
I saw mentioned upthread that you can just give your phone # that is associated with s&s at shell to get discount.

Can I tell family members to use my phone # and they will get the discount without having to give everyone a card?
You can always just give them the number from the card.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 26, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »

Should be fine with the phone number

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 26, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
Should be fine with the phone number
Thanks
You can always just give them the number from the card.
Easier to give phone number

Offline srulky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »
Is this only on the Visa GCs? At my Giant they only $100 cards. They have variable mastercards up to $500.