Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 865248 times)

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #2100 on: July 05, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
Toms River (Route 9) is all out of $500 cards. Anyone know about the other stores in the area? Feel free to PM any info. Thanks.

Offline cholent

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 07, 2015, 11:06:56 PM »
System seems to be down again, if I can save anyone else wasting time going to shell tonight...  :'(unless someone had a different experience?
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 07, 2015, 11:07:33 PM »
System seems to be down again, if I can save anyone else wasting time going to shell
 tonight...
Thanks!

Offline bznt

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:29 PM »
On there website it states.

" Web Maintenance
Accounts, offers and points will be unavailable from 8pm, July 7 to 4am, July 8. "

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:20 PM »

" Web Maintenance
Accounts, offers and points will be unavailable from 8pm, July 7 to 4am, July 8. "
This is really starting to get quite annoying... If they aren't going to be reliable, then it's kind of pointless.

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 07, 2015, 11:17:09 PM »
This is really starting to get quite annoying... If they aren't going to be reliable, then it's kind of pointless.
Ill be more then happy to take your points off your hands if its too much of tircha

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 07, 2015, 11:17:54 PM »
Has this ever happened by day? Maybe it's only at night.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:06 PM »
Has this ever happened by day? Maybe it's only at night.
I don't know about you but I almost always fill up at night which is when I have time for it
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline HowYaDoin

• View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:03 PM »
Tonight I noticed the gas points show unavailable on the stop and shop app when they're system is down. Easy way to tell if it wont be working. Anybody else having same experience?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
Tonight I noticed the gas points show unavailable on the stop and shop app when they're system is down. Easy way to tell if it wont be working. Anybody else having same experience?
Maybe read the last few posts before posting

Offline HowYaDoin

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 07, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »
Maybe read the last few posts before posting
Im pretty sure the previous guy was talking about the website not the app which is one click on my phone.... I appreciate the kind reponse though

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 07, 2015, 11:43:04 PM »
Im pretty sure the previous guy was talking about the website not the app which is one click on my phone.... I appreciate the kind reponse though
sounds like one system to me

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »
The reason I went to the website to check was because the app crashed on me. Or gave me errors and no data available

Offline cholent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 08, 2015, 12:32:13 AM »
I was actually talking about at the gas station... Driving from Monsey to Lakewood I actually had to put in some gas at full price, the horror!
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:11 AM »
Ill be more then happy to take your points off your hands if its too much of tircha
Your missing the point. Obviously this is better than paying full price. However by playing this shtick where every few nights the system is down, they kind of kill the program. I can't afford (time wise) to keep on playing around with it, so I put in gas at full price.

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: July 08, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »

" Web Maintenance
I made a purchase from S&S during that time and the gas points did not show up on my receipt. I wonder if that's the reason.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
I made a purchase from S&S during that time and the gas points did not show up on my receipt. I wonder if that's the reason.
Could be. Either call or go back to the store with your receipt. They will give it to you.

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 08, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »
Could be. Either call or go back to the store with your receipt. They will give it to you.

I had a purchase where my points weren't added even though they scanned my card (last week), I went back to S&S and they kept saying that I have a balance of 9k+ points so the points must have been added... #idiots I need to call up and hope they give them to me. (i'm slightly worried as I did another 5k purchase the same day at another store)
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
I had a purchase where my points weren't added even though they scanned my card (last week), I went back to S&S and they kept saying that I have a balance of 9k+ points so the points must have been added... #idiots I need to call up and hope they give them to me. (i'm slightly worried as I did another 5k purchase the same day at another store)
Deal with the local store, not cooperate. IME they have been much easier to deal with.

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 08, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »
Deal with the local store, not cooperate. IME they have been much easier to deal with.

I tried 3x they all said either they don't know what to do, or that since I have X amount of points I must have gotten it, or I need to call corporate.
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals