Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 864919 times)

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #4300 on: August 23, 2019, 11:33:50 AM »
Y not $150 in cash? It’s texhnica every $150...
Its limit one per transaction

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: August 23, 2019, 12:32:51 PM »
The proper way to maximize this promo is to buy in $150 increments? Instead of buying 3 × 500 cards in 3 transactions, I should rather do 10 separate transactions of $150?

Offline karen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: August 23, 2019, 02:40:22 PM »
Thanks. I think the question was which GC did you buy? Visa or MC, and which value?
:) :)I bought $500 MC.  Bought $500 MC, $15 coupon was printed and 1000 gas points were added. Repeated transaction twice.

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 24, 2019, 10:30:27 PM »
The proper way to maximize this promo is to buy in $150 increments? Instead of buying 3 × 500 cards in 3 transactions, I should rather do 10 separate transactions of $150?
Simple math: 3x500 cards $17.85 in fees and $45 in S&S money. 10x150 cards $59.50 in fees for $150 in S&S money. For $41.65 you earn an extra $105. Even if you only value these coupons @ 50% (which is very low), you still come out ahead.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 25, 2019, 03:06:00 AM »
Simple math: 3x500 cards $17.85 in fees and $45 in S&S money. 10x150 cards $59.50 in fees for $150 in S&S money. For $41.65 you earn an extra $105. Even if you only value these coupons @ 50% (which is very low), you still come out ahead.

this works if you are buying $1500. if you are buying $5k it also works but only if cashier is going to allow 33 transactions otherwise you may as well get $500s

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: August 25, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
this works if you are buying $1500. if you are buying $5k it also works but only if cashier is going to allow 33 transactions otherwise you may as well get $500s
Right, I was addressing his specific question.
There is also the slightly more concern complicated redemption aspect. In other words of liquidation is a complete non issue for you, may as well go for as many coupons that you feel you can use x the 500 cards, since the same fee will get you more gas and more credit card points as buying the $150’s.

Offline maylei

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: August 25, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »
What is this weeks promo

Offline Moes Tavern

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
« Reply #4307 on: August 25, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
"I've done some things I'm not proud of, and the things I am proud of are pretty disgusting"

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: August 27, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Anyone here have next week's promo?

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: August 27, 2019, 10:44:56 PM »
Anyone here have next week's promo?
10x on Domino’s and Express GC

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: August 29, 2019, 07:36:15 PM »
I know the $15 coupon says limit 10 redemptions per household, but does anyone know what the actual hard – code limit is? I think I hit it somewhere around 20.

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: August 29, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
Also, did anyone noticed that the coupons in this weeks promotion include language that prohibit self check out? Mercifully, seems not to be enforced.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: August 29, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
I know the $15 coupon says limit 10 redemptions per household, but does anyone know what the actual hard – code limit is? I think I hit it somewhere around 20.
Limit goes based on the phone number you use when you redeem, not sure what the limit is this promo.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: August 30, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »
Also, did anyone noticed that the coupons in this weeks promotion include language that prohibit self check out? Mercifully, seems not to be enforced.
Yes, I noticed when I scanned it and I did not see the $15 subtracted immediately. I pressed the button to summon help. An employee came over and pressed something, but I did not notice if he did anything I couldn't have done on my own.

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: August 30, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
Yes, I noticed when I scanned it and I did not see the $15 subtracted immediately. I pressed the button to summon help. An employee came over and pressed something, but I did not notice if he did anything I couldn't have done on my own.
The $15 does not get subtracted until the final step before payment. It’s always a little unnerving, because after scanning the coupon, it says zero dollars, but after the final pressing of the continue button, $15 will come off if you’ve made the qualifying purchase and if your Stop & Shop number has not exceeded the threshold, which seems like it’s around 20 times for this promotion.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: August 31, 2019, 11:30:44 PM »
 If I have 12 coupons, they should all work?
Can I only redeem 10 with my phone number, and the other 2 without any phone number, or all on my phone number?

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: August 31, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
If I have 12 coupons, they should all work?
Can I only redeem 10 with my phone number, and the other 2 without any phone number, or all on my phone number?
I scan my card...I understand that some people enter a phone number.
I definitely scanned the same card for more than 10 transactions, but after something like maybe 15, it stopped working.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: August 31, 2019, 11:55:11 PM »
Thanks.
You had to scan and make 15 different purchases? You can't make one shopping order and ask for a key override for all the coupons at once?

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: September 01, 2019, 12:21:58 AM »
Thanks.
You had to scan and make 15 different purchases? You can't make one shopping order and ask for a key override for all the coupons at once?
I always do separate purchases. The attendant never bothers me. I just group my purchased to be $15.01-$16 or $17    I tried $15.00 exactly and it doesn’t work. There is no way to check out for $0.00.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: September 01, 2019, 12:52:30 AM »
Thanks