Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 865394 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #4460 on: May 03, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
If anyone is selling 1.55 off, please PM me.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: May 03, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »
Same here. I was actually quite surprised.  They know VERY specific details on what you bought (ie, GCs) , how much you spent, how often you spent, etc for the whole year.  They were using that as an argument as to why NOT to extend my points.  B"H the supervisor ok'd in the end.
I know they tend to get very nasty. Not sure what their beef is. They can easily stop the offers for visa/Mc gift cards.

ETA I actually started shopping there more often because of their promos. They are still very expensive for regular items. Their sales however, rival or beat Shoprite lately.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: May 04, 2020, 12:53:21 AM »
I know they tend to get very nasty. Not sure what their beef is. They can easily stop the offers for visa/Mc gift cards.

ETA I actually started shopping there more often because of their promos. They are still very expensive for regular items. Their sales however, rival or beat Shoprite lately.
I make it very well known to the cashiers, managers, and customer service reps who answer the phones that I go all the way out to Stop & Shop only to get the gas points from their weekly flyer GC specials. 

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: May 07, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
The current Gift Card promo is $15 credit for a $100 spend on specific gift cards.  I did not see this advertised in the circular, just in the store itself.  There may have been about 10 eligible cards.  Macy's was one and possibly Kohl's, Penny's and Lord & Taylor's were on the list (but don't hold me to it).  Today is the last day.

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: May 07, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »
The current Gift Card promo is $15 credit for a $100 spend on specific gift cards.  I did not see this advertised in the circular, just in the store itself.  There may have been about 10 eligible cards.  Macy's was one and possibly Kohl's, Penny's and Lord & Taylor's were on the list (but don't hold me to it).  Today is the last day.
which store did you see this?

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: May 07, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »
should be through next thursday

Offline pointer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: May 07, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »
should be through next thursday
Do all stores offer it this time around?

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: May 07, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »
Do all stores offer it this time around?
sure. will work even without any sign. it wasnt in the circular because they print short ones these days. just all the cards on list are not useful

Offline Mplace

• View Profile
  • Programs: Kan tzivah
« Reply #4468 on: May 07, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »
Anyone selling fillups?
What's your plan for yud shvat?

Offline sams

• View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 07, 2020, 06:31:21 PM »
sure. will work even without any sign. it wasnt in the circular because they print short ones these days. just all the cards on list are not useful
Sure It won’t work for a card not on the list?

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: May 07, 2020, 06:45:21 PM »
Sure It won’t work for a card not on the list?
BTDT

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: May 07, 2020, 09:51:32 PM »
BTDT
It varies from promo to promo. Have you tried this time? Also does anyone have the actual list?

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: May 07, 2020, 11:21:42 PM »
It varies from promo to promo. Have you tried this time? Also does anyone have the actual list?
I wouldn't start counting your chickens until we verify that the promo is still running tomorrow.

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: May 07, 2020, 11:57:33 PM »
I wouldn't start counting your chickens until we verify that the promo is still running tomorrow.
Yes, I tested it yesterday. The promo runs thru 5/7. Gc deals are always the same as giant (same gc lists and dates of promos). The only difference is during the big promos giant offers gas points and SS offers coupons.

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: May 08, 2020, 12:01:43 AM »
Also does anyone have the actual list?
From the giant ad: Boscov's, Wayfair, Regal Cinemas, Cracker Barrel, Saks, Kohl's, JCPenny, Macys and Outback

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: May 09, 2020, 11:54:53 PM »
From the giant ad: Boscov's, Wayfair, Regal Cinemas, Cracker Barrel, Saks, Kohl's, JCPenny, Macys and Outback
Yes, this is the list for S&S also.  It turns out it IS running for another week!

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: May 15, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »
S&S has nothing in the flyer re gas promos, however once again the Mother's Day promo appears until May 20th in-store.
Giant, OTOH,...... :D has 3x VGC in flyer for this week.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: May 15, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »
S&S has nothing in the flyer re gas promos, however once again the Mother's Day promo appears until May 20th in-store.
Giant, OTOH,...... :D has 3x VGC in flyer for this week.
And 3x vgc also work at SS. Confirmed

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: May 17, 2020, 04:42:54 AM »
And 3x vgc also work at SS. Confirmed
Have you tried in a branch that doesn't have the promo sign up?  (ie, is it hard coded in all S&S stores even when there are no signs, not in flyer, and customer service says it is not a promo this week?)

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: May 17, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »
Have you tried in a branch that doesn't have the promo sign up?  (ie, is it hard coded in all S&S stores even when there are no signs, not in flyer, and customer service says it is not a promo this week?)
Hard coded