Topic Wiki

The deal: 2x, 3x, 4x (or rarely, 5x) Gas Points per GC at Stop and Shop and Giant stores. Sometimes it's all GCs, sometimes just one or two types. Be sure to look at the current circular carefully for details

Credit cards CAN now be used to purchase visa/MC/Amex gift cards. :D

You will not get any Stop & Shop points on Gift Cards that are bought when there is no promotion.

You can get 1 Gas Point for every dollar you spend at S&S, Giant or Peapod all the time, and there are usually a few options in the circular to get bonus points, besides GCs. Be sure to have your S&S card scanned before purchasing or you won't get any Gas Points. You usually have to pay for GCs at the Customer Service desk, which may or may not ask for ID.

Gas Points expire 30 days after they are earned. You can check your current balance by logging in here: http://www.stopandshop.com/savings-and-rewards/rewards-program/gas-rewards/. There is also quite a bit of good general information about how the program works at that link, including a way to look up participating Shell stations and Stop & Shop stores with gas stations.

Gas Points are redeemable at Stop & Shop stores with gas stations and at participating Shell stations only. Not all Shell stations participate. It is recommended that you find out about station participation before driving around looking for one with your gas light on. :)

The link above also has instructions about how to redeem your Gas Points at Shell both within and outside of NJ. (NJ outlaws self-service gas, so it has a little bit different procedure than in other states.)

The maximum redemption is 1500 points per fill, or $1.50 off per gallon, up to 20 gallons, but be aware that if you or the attendant enters your S&S card, your full point balance up to 1500 will be taken for any size fill. Any remaining points above 1500 will remain in your account. The minimum redemption is 100 points ($0.10 off/gal). Any discount you have available from the Fuel Rewards program is in addition to the Stop & Shop discount. For example, if you have 2000 Stop & Shop points and a $0.35 discount from Fuel Rewards, you can purchase gas for $1.85 off per gallon (the maximum $1.50 discount from Stop & Shop plus the Fuel Rewards discount).

Please use
your common sense and do not ruin this deal for others (and yourself) by doing various things that might antagonize or aggravate gas station attendants in your attempt to maximize the 20 gallon limit per redemption. (For instance, the official rules at the link above say that a redemption may be used for one vehicle only.)

Abusing this deal will only mean that gas station owners will be less likely to continue to participate, and that S&S and Shell will be less likely to continue the program going forward.

To get the Cash price without paying cash you can get a refillable shell GC here: http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-cards/refillable.html
It's refillable online by Visa or Mastercard. Even better: buy a Shell GC at Staples using an Ink card, and get 5 points per dollar.

Ad preview http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/stop-and-shop-coupons/stop-shop-ad-preview or https://stopandshop.com/coupons-weekly-circular/weekly-circular/ or https://stopandshop.com/savings/weekly-ad/print-view

For better value, link Fuel Rewards to your Stop & Shop card.
« Last edited by David R on January 13, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

Author Topic: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant  (Read 876946 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Card and gas Promo at Stop & Shop or Giant
« Reply #4500 on: June 07, 2020, 02:33:46 PM »
PSA:
Points earned in New Jersey Stop and Shops are coming up with a 60 day expiration.
Yes. Also in MA

Offline bznt

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: June 08, 2020, 03:10:56 PM »
Looking to swap gas points. I can load SS

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: June 12, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
I thought you can combine gas points and fuel rewards points at the pump?
but last time I went it only took off $1.50(1500 gas points) not the additional silver status discount (.03 fuel rewards discount)

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
I thought you can combine gas points and fuel rewards points at the pump?
but last time I went it only took off $1.50(1500 gas points) not the additional silver status discount (.03 fuel rewards discount)
Which card did you swipe at the pump - Fuel Rewards or Stop & Shop?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: June 12, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »
they entered alt ID (cell phone) which is the same for stop and shop gas and fuel rewards

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: June 12, 2020, 01:14:48 PM »
Which card did you swipe at the pump - Fuel Rewards or Stop & Shop?

also how do you rack up a lot of fuel rewards points to combine with gas points?  Meaning I mostly shop for GC purchases at stop and shop and have silver fuel rewards status(.03) but the (.03) is minuscule. How else do people add on the fuel rewards discounts?  Most of the fuel rewards offers are places I don't shop.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:28 PM »
also how do you rack up a lot of fuel rewards points to combine with gas points?  Meaning I mostly shop for GC purchases at stop and shop and have silver fuel rewards status(.03) but the (.03) is minuscule. How else do people add on the fuel rewards discounts?  Most of the fuel rewards offers are places I don't shop.
What exactly is the difference between "gas points" and "fuel rewards" in your mind?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: June 12, 2020, 03:00:02 PM »
Every once in a while, a worthwhile Fuel Rewards earning opportunity arises. I have earned points for linking a MasterCard when I signed up, for linking to the Shell app, as a rebate for buying motor oil, and probably a few other times that I don't remember.

If I understand it correctly, you can also add other partner accounts such as Giant.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: June 12, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »
Where are you located that you are getting .03 for silver ? In New York/ New Jersey area we get 0.05 for gold. That’s for taking gas 5 times in a month

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: June 14, 2020, 08:52:39 PM »
What exactly is the difference between "gas points" and "fuel rewards" in your mind?

If you can combine them according to wiki then there is probably a difference.  But I assume gas points are what you acculumate when spending at stop and shop and fuel rewards points are for other stores or gold/silver status.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: June 14, 2020, 08:54:24 PM »
Where are you located that you are getting .03 for silver ? In New York/ New Jersey area we get 0.05 for gold. That’s for taking gas 5 times in a month

NJ
I still have silver but my question remains can I combine gas points($1.50 discount) and silver status(.03 discount)?

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: June 14, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
NJ
I still have silver but my question remains can I combine gas points($1.50 discount) and silver status(.03 discount)?
Yes. When you log in to fuelrewards.com or the Fuel Rewards app, it should clearly show what your combined discount will be.

If you will be using your alternate ID, make sure it is enabled in Fuel Rewards under Account > Profile.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: June 15, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
Yes. When you log in to fuelrewards.com or the Fuel Rewards app, it should clearly show what your combined discount will be.

If you will be using your alternate ID, make sure it is enabled in Fuel Rewards under Account > Profile.

when I login I see only .03 discount silver status and yes alt id enabled so I am not sure what I am doing wrong Maybe I will contact them

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: June 15, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
when I login I see only .03 discount silver status and yes alt id enabled so I am not sure what I am doing wrong Maybe I will contact them
Is your Stop & Shop card linked to Fuel Rewards? Check here: https://www.fuelrewards.com/fuelrewards/manage-loyalty-cards.html

Offline bluesky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: June 17, 2020, 08:02:53 PM »
What is current gas promo on gift cards?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: June 17, 2020, 10:30:35 PM »
What is current gas promo on gift cards?
No gas points at stop and shop. But spend $100 get a $10 coupon on the following gift cards
Boscovs, dominos, Outback Steakhouse, Lowe’s, Home Depot,
And the same cards are 4 X points at giants
The promo is through next week

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: June 18, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »
Is your Stop & Shop card linked to Fuel Rewards? Check here: https://www.fuelrewards.com/fuelrewards/manage-loyalty-cards.html

By the way I called up fuel rewards and they said that is not the way to link it as it has to be done on stop and shop side/website etc... In fact when I tried from fuel rewards website on the option to link loyalty account it only permitted me to link other programs(energy program) not stop and shop so maybe things have changed?  Anyway believe it or not I still have not been successful in linking 2 programs after multiple calls to both programs :o

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: June 25, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: June 25, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
Too bad I just noticed I maxed out of the freedom grocery categories this quarter already
hmm which card should I use now dont have reserve or preferred

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: June 25, 2020, 01:56:31 PM »
Too bad I just noticed I maxed out of the freedom grocery categories this quarter already
hmm which card should I use now dont have reserve or preferred
Amex personal gold. For 4X
Citi premier for 3x