Author Topic: Help with points on an Israeli ticket  (Read 1094 times)

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Help with points on an Israeli ticket
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
(Before starting the topic I DID run a search and didn't find anything that really fit the bill)

About a year ago I was down in eilat with my guys and got pulled over by an undercover cop. it turns out one of my friends in the backseat wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
I had no idea he wasn't wearing it but that didn't play with the cop and she gave me a ticket for 250 shek and 2 points. He paid the 250 but I still got stuck with the 2 points, which is significant since it was my first ticket in almost a year and you need to have two fully clean years before all your points fall off the record.

Recently, I was going over some things and if I'm not mistaken the fine for a passenger in the backseat without a seatbelt is only 100 shek and not 250.
Additionally, a letter I got from misrad harishui listing my violations says that the violation is for allowing a passenger to sit in the front seat without a seatbelt, even though the ticket language says quite clearly that it was in the backseat.

Is there any way I can get the ticket or at least the points cancelled even though I paid already? Do I need a lawyer?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Help with points on an Israeli ticket
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »
probably not, you get a timeframe how long you can request a court hearing, after that it's usually too late.

Offline Bostener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
Title should be changed.

Try something that reflects it's a traffic ticket and not to be confused with airline tickets with millage points.

Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?