Author Topic: US Airways grand slam  (Read 12982 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: US Airways grand slam
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
Working for me...if it doesnt work, search the FT thread for the word spreadsheet

Link to spreadsheet http://bit.ly/aMIOj0

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 04:08:27 AM »
Anyone need car rentals, for thos promo? I can do them for you
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 04:41:11 AM »
Anyone need car rentals, for thos promo? I can do them for you
If you can do them at David's price, I'll do some.

Offline SuperFlyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 07:11:41 AM »
I have people staying in a hyatt now.

What would people pay to add their dividends to it?

2 rooms in one booking.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:04:47 AM »
If you can do them at David's price, I'll do some.

+1

down to needing my last 3 , havent tallied up the cost although very little was a complete right-off  got nothing for my $$ except the Hit.

I even made a $1 on the Super Shuttle it s $9 with the code @ DFW to the Hyatt (Thanks FT) and I signed up for Reservations Rewards that has a check for $10 coming my way, just Remember to CX after the check arrives and before the 30 day free trail ends

Anyone know of  acheap Hertz location with say 90 mins of NYC?, gonna try and walk into a Hertz local edition and see if they will be willing to give me 3 rentals for say $50 all in
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:23:17 AM by steve2 »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »
+1

down to needing my last 3 , havent tallied up the cost although very little was a complete right-off  got nothing for4 my $$ except the Hit.

I even made a $1 on the Super Shuttle it s $9 with the code @ DFW to the Hyatt (Thanks FT) and I signed up for Reservations Rewards that ha s a check for $10 coming my way, just Remember to CX after the check arrives and before the 30 day free trail ends

Anyone know of  acheap Hertz location with say 90 mins of NYC?, gonna try and walk into a Hertz local edition and see if they will be willing to give me 3 rentals for say $50 all in

David's price was $14.35 each when all was said and done. They add on a $0.75 surcharge for the miles. I found this rate by using the above mentioned codes and starting the rental on a Sunday before noon. Once i put in 12 pm as a pick up time, the rate jumped significantly.

The spreadsheet is really great for keeping a cheshbon of hits and keeping tabs on the costs.

I too did a no show on the DFW shuttle. That shuttle has made alot of money this month from FT!

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
 the problem is living in NYC, a friend needed to pick up @ EWR on a Sat return on Mon, 2 days cheapest I found was $136 with Enterprise for a subcompact

I might have to drive up to CT or down to Maryland, I just hope the local guy will swing a deal and make it easy. I have just this weekend to do it as next weekend I will be in Italy, 40k Coach with AA and using 3 of my SPG FWN (free weekend nights) 2 Westin Florence and 1 St Reg Rome

looks like I will be using up the midnight oil working on this tonight

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
Does ANYONE have an e-rewards account that has at least $30 in it and has not transferred to US airways in the last 6 months??

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
Anyone wants to swap hits?

I transfer SPG to your US acc, and you Gift me some miles.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
Does ANYONE have an e-rewards account that has at least $30 in it and has not transferred to US airways in the last 6 months??
I do. But I'm not approved for US transfer (I signed up through e-miles). I tried emailing them about US transfer, they said no.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »
Anyone wants to swap hits?

I transfer SPG to your US acc, and you Gift me some miles.

is this really fair, since a Plat can transfer 1 pt and Gifting will cost $29.56

so how many SPG pts are you offering?

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »

I signed up for Reservations Rewards that has a check for $10 coming my way, just Remember to CX after the check arrives and before the 30 day free trail ends

Where do you sign up for Reservation Rewards?  There doesn't appear to be a sign-up button on their site?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »
Where do you sign up for Reservation Rewards?  There doesn't appear to be a sign-up button on their site?

after you finished making the Super Shuttle res and you get to the final page with all your info up on top in Blue should be the link to RN. seems its $10 every month so I can do it again for $9 in Nov and make another $1 not gonna do it

if you already made your res then its too late as you had to do it when its offered

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
 too bad the Biscoff isnt kosher

got mine today and when I opened it up 1 jar was smashed, called and told them it was needed for tommorrow and they were gonna ship me FedEx Overnight 2 more jars. I was afraid it would arrive after I left for the day since lately UPS/FedEx is coming late morning and I told her Im out apx 9:30am

So she says she will ship it to where Im going, I said a Camp Site? She then says she will simply Refund me the full amount, Oh No! thats not fair after all I told her I still have 1 good jar, so I cant accept anything more then 1/2 the amount and she said its not the Companys policy but she will Refund me 1/2 the purchase amount

Last thing I wanted was that the full refund would have CXed any Miles from being earned, this way at least hopefully I will get some miles and a Hit and save some $$ doing so

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
too bad the Biscoff isnt kosher

got mine today and when I opened it up 1 jar was smashed, called and told them it was needed for tommorrow and they were gonna ship me FedEx Overnight 2 more jars. I was afraid it would arrive after I left for the day since lately UPS/FedEx is coming late morning and I told her Im out apx 9:30am

So she says she will ship it to where Im going, I said a Camp Site? She then says she will simply Refund me the full amount, Oh No! thats not fair after all I told her I still have 1 good jar, so I cant accept anything more then 1/2 the amount and she said its not the Companys policy but she will Refund me 1/2 the purchase amount

Last thing I wanted was that the full refund would have CXed any Miles from being earned, this way at least hopefully I will get some miles and a Hit and save some $$ doing so
If she winds up refunding everything and then charging half you may be in trouble.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
If she winds up refunding everything and then charging half you may be in trouble.

I know thats why I wrote down to call em up on Mon and see whats what

Had the same problem with a Hilton stay Sat night, there was music blasting out of the exposition center (not owned by the Hotel) till 2am. It woke me up twice and I called Custmoer Relations once the FD guy said well we dont control what goes on in a facility we dont own and have control over. I said but you do have control into which room you put a Diamond member

After some calls back and forth I finally got the 30k in pts it takes for a free night at that Hotel (cost me $83ai) they wanted to refund me I didnt want to chance losing the credit as its also counting as 1 hit for me. Will use the 30k for a free night at FCO in 10 days  where its 145 Euro, and it works out better for me. Now in the past some very aggressive mgrs actually did go in and have the pts and stay credit removed , so I didnt want to chance that, as besides needing the Hit for USAir I needed it to complete my requalifying for Diamond for '11.  Getting double credit in more then 1 program helps make spending the $$ much easier.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
cheapest car rentals in NYC area
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
 I found the following for this coming Sun 10/31

BDL (Hartford) Alamo with prepaying is $20.28 for an Economy car ai

ABE (Allentown,Pa) Alamo is $20.47 prepaid/ Avis is $20.84 ai for Economy per hour NOT prepaid (I went with this just in case something prevents me from getting there a .56 cent ins policy) For this rate you need to put in A108366 in the AWD filed its Costco so should be no problem I hope the other codes were $2 more

either 1 is great as the Foilage is Beautiful driving to either, ABE is good if you have kids as simply drop the wife and kids off at Crayola in Easton and then drive the 15 mins over to ABE and do your thing

I think from 4pm onwards the rate goes way up

If anyone finds something cheaper PLEASE post

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:08:51 PM by steve2 »

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »
do I have to do the rental for a full day or does an hour or two work?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
do I have to do the rental for a full day or does an hour or two work?

normally any amount of time qualifies, as just like a hotel room, a rental is (in their eyes) minimum one day, even if you bring it back / check out 5 mins later.

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »
I worked it out with the guy anyhow he said hell just return it at the end of the day i could just leave the car there.