Author Topic: italy  (Read 1710 times)

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
italy
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
i was wondering if some people can give me some advice on my upcoming trip to italy next summer. I am going with my wife and baby. I am landing mon morning in rome and thought to stay till thurs night and then take  the train to venice for shabbos.

My flight home is the next wednesday so I was thinking of maybe going for an overnight trip to florence is this a good idea?

Also in regards to spg hotels in these places any body have recommendations for rome and florence

I am a spg gold member (not much) and my main concern is a bigger room bec of the baby. So in regards to venice the westin basic room says its 181ft which is tiny and i dont think its wise to rely on a upgrade in the busy season of august.So does it make sense to book the griiti which according to spg the basic room is double the size of 350 sq ft or for 2.5k more a 500 sq ft room.

Also, since i will be in venice for  6 days should i take advantage of cash and pts(available) or  5th free with just points.
thank you so so much for your advice

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: italy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
i would recommend florence only if youre into art. theres obviously michaelangelo's david plus the uffizzi gallery. pisa might be an option if you want to see the leaning tower.

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
well its just that im geting o venice on fri and leaving the next wed. so from reading this thread that is too much time. so wanted to me up with an idea for a day or overnight trip

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.