Author Topic: Ceo of elal resigns  (Read 13727 times)

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ceo of elal resigns
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
Why should this force Turkey to go against their protocols and allow a foreign security force into their airport? Do you believe Israel would allow an armed Turkish security team into Ben Gurion?
Clearly you've never flown TK. Everyone Frum Jew I've spoken to (including my own personal experience) said they were treated far better than they were on LY. I have many clients who refuse to fly LY, and prefer TK. What gives you any indication that TK has anything against "us"

Nope never flown TK, but Im not talking about how the stewardesses treat you on the plane. Im talking about a policy of a country and religion that believes it a mitzvah to kill out the jews.

LY service is terrible but what I found is the more courteous you are to them and the less yeshivesh you dress the better your treated. Probably has something to do with how the customers treat them as well as being brought up in a society where the chariedi is looked down upon.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 07:30:26 PM »
Why should this force Turkey to go against their protocols and allow a foreign security force into their airport? Do you believe Israel would allow an armed Turkish security team into Ben Gurion?
Clearly you've never flown TK. Everyone Frum Jew I've spoken to (including my own personal experience) said they were treated far better than they were on LY. I have many clients who refuse to fly LY, and prefer TK. What gives you any indication that TK has anything against "us"

Also every other country does allow it. Including the good ol USA.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
Also every other country does allow it. Including the good ol USA.
So what you're saying is that in your small mind, you think Israel would allow armed Turkish security agents into restricted areas of Ben Gurion
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:42 PM »
Well there you have it folks the $20 must prove it.

The main point was the visa. Its easier for an israeli to get in without advance notice than it is for an american.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »
The main point was the visa. Its easier for an israeli to get in without advance notice than it is for an american.
thats got nothing to do with anything. its merely an issue of reciprocity

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »

I'd like to add that I agree LY is likely the best, but a) that wasn't my point, and b) it's not "fact"

so please explain your point when you posted
???
Who made that one up. It's exactly that kind of ignorant Israeli attitude that is driving Elal to the ground

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
So what you're saying is that in your small mind, you think Israel would allow armed Turkish security agents into restricted areas of Ben Gurion

Do Turkish airlines have the kind of threats that Israeli airlines do. If in every other country Turkey had it's own security then I would say we should discuss it. But no other country would ever allow Muslims to be armed in Thier airport. That's because the threat of terrorism is disproportionality a Muslim threat.

Every other country allow Elal security. Yet I don't see French, Russian, American Security guards in Ben Gurion.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »

Do Turkish airlines have the kind of threats that Israeli airlines do. If in every other country Turkey had it's own security then I would say we should discuss it. But no other country would ever allow Muslims to be armed in Thier airport. That's because the threat of terrorism is disproportionality a Muslim threat.

Every other country allow Elal security. Yet I don't see French, Russian, American Security guards in Ben Gurion.
Plenty of Muslim security staff in the West world.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Bostener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »

I don't know which security agents you meant but the ones you see in the airport, the ones that interview you are unarmed.
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 01:23:50 AM »
Plenty of Muslim security staff in the West world.

Maybe but they are Americans in American airports and things like that. Hard to find a muslim who is a citizen from a middle east country doing security for a west country.

Anybody remember the controversy  when a company from the UAE was shortlisted to run the NYNJ ports?

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
I don't know which security agents you meant but the ones you see in the airport, the ones that interview you are unarmed.

I though so too. Which really stresses the question why doesnt turkey let them do it? Well I know the answer to that. Some people are just in denial as long as it saves them a few bucks.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 03:16:14 AM »

So in short you believe that Turkey should allow Israel something that Israel wouldn't (doesn't?) Allow Turkey. And somehow Turkey is more to blame. I don't know what rock you've just crawled out of, but Muslims are just as much of a threat to other Muslims as they are to Jew. There have been many terrorist attacks against Turks

You don't remember LAX? You think Turkey has an issue with a couple of Israeli walking around their airport? I'm sure that Israel demanded as part of their security procedures that they have people with firearms. For all we know Turkey agreed to semi-autos, and Israel demanded agents with fully automatic.

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 03:25:47 AM »
Wow! Where you part of the negotiating team?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 03:49:57 AM »
I though so too. Which really stresses the question why doesnt turkey let them do it? Well I know the answer to that. Some people are just in denial as long as it saves them a few bucks.
So just to be clear. You believe that Turkey should violate their own security protocols to accommodate Elal's security protocols. But you don't think that Israel should violate their security protocols in TLV to accommodate Turkish's protocols. And you also think that believing this doesn't make you in denial, but in fact whoever disagrees with this logic is in denial.

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 04:03:34 AM »
So just to be clear. You believe that Turkey should violate their own security protocols to accommodate Elal's security protocols. But you don't think that Israel should violate their security protocols in TLV to accommodate Turkish's protocols. And you also think that believing this doesn't make you in denial, but in fact whoever disagrees with this logic is in denial.

Every country understands that Israel should be allowed to get their own security except Turkey and our Global Moderator.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »
Chaikel, I must agree here
The threat for Elal is from islamic extremist, there is no threat to turkish airlines from jewish people
While not every muslim is a terrorist, every terrorist is a muslim. So they cant risk relying on a security that might have a enemy working there
I am not saying turkey has to allow it, its their country and their laws and I am sure if relations would have been better a arrangment would have been worked out

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:37 AM »
Every country understands that Israel should be allowed to get their own security except Turkey and our Global Moderator.
Every country? You are aware there are more countries in the world than US, Israel and a handfull of european countries. And no I'm not referring to Thailand and Hong Kong

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 04:59:33 AM »
Chaikel, I must agree here
The threat for Elal is from islamic extremist, there is no threat to turkish airlines from jewish people
While not every muslim is a terrorist, every terrorist is a muslim. So they cant risk relying on a security that might have a enemy working there

I totally agree. I think racial profiling is a must for security. But we shouldn't stick our head in the sand, and blame the other side every time someone can't come to an agreement

I am not saying turkey has to allow it, its their country and their laws

This is exactly my point. So we actually are in agreement

I am sure if relations would have been better a arrangement would have been worked out
Let's not pretend that we know what went on. It's very possible that relations was what ultimately caused them not to come to an agreement, but I think it's very narrow minded to assume that Turkey was the one to blame. Maybe Israel was the one who made it hard to deal with because of the countries relations.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:32 AM »
I totally agree. I think racial profiling is a must for security. But we shouldn't stick our head in the sand, and blame the other side every time someone can't come to an agreement
This is exactly my point. So we actually are in agreement
Let's not pretend that we know what went on. It's very possible that relations was what ultimately caused them not to come to an agreement, but I think it's very narrow minded to assume that Turkey was the one to blame. Maybe Israel was the one who made it hard to deal with because of the countries relations.

1 Its not only the racial profiling, but for example allowing Elal security check the turkish staff that gets on the plane to deliver services. Any of these guys can place a bomb on it if not being checked before entering

2 Turkey doesnt have to allow it but under friends one cares about each others needs

3 It worked for years without a issue, I dont think Elal changed security protocolls, that only turkey had a problem with. Relations went down hill, so turkey goes exactly according to the rules. You can fly to us, but our security is what you get

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 05:44:49 AM »
I blame the kollel system (which I was a part of for a number of years) but thäts just me.
אפיקורס!

עיין סנהדרין צ"ט