Author Topic: $30 - All Inclusive in Puerto Plata, DR  (Read 31475 times)

Offline nams88

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: did somebody try this? http://www.lifestylekoshervacations.com/
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:23 AM »
Hi. I want to go to a kosher all inclusive and i saw this web page: http://www.lifestylekoshervacations.com/

any experiences?
Thanks,
Denise

My husband and I just went for a week and it was amazing! Great resort, great kosher food- everything was amazing! You can read more and see pictures on our blog.

Before we went: http://propertrookies.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/our-upcoming-adventure/

Our first day: http://propertrookies.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/our-first-24-hours-in-paradise/

We definitely recommend it. We paid $450/week for a Cofressi Palm Beach Junior Suite and it was nice, close to the beach, and about a 7 minute walk to the kosher restaurant.

You can stay at the Presidential suites (one step up- we were quotes $600 for the week) which is right by the kosher food.

Kosher food was $100/day per person, but 100% worthwhile- plentiful, fresh, and delicious. They made you whatever you wanted, no matter what other people were eating, you could choose your own lunch or dinner,etc. We had salmon, pastas, eggplant parm, steak, chicken, lamb, ribs, soups, salads, TONS! There were between 2-12 other kosher people when we were there, and we had a great time!

We flew JFK- POP, which is about a 25 minute drive to the hotel (transportation was included in our hotel room price).

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: $30 - All Inclusive in Puerto Plata, DR
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2014, 11:06:35 AM »
Not crazy, $2K for a week vacation. No need to worry about packing/bringing food, etc.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
Not crazy, $2K for a week vacation. No need to worry about packing/bringing food, etc.
yea

Offline penina

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2014, 04:32:49 AM »
How was the weather? Did you stay in July?

Offline alpicone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
We definitely recommend it. We paid $450/week for a Cofressi Palm Beach Junior Suite and it was nice, close to the beach, and about a 7 minute walk to the kosher restaurant.

Did this include the standard all-inclusive package? When I went I paid $281 for two people for 7 nights at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa (Right next door and part of the same group) for a Superior room. The room itself was really the only let down of the resort. I would definitely pay an extra $200 for the nice room.

Where did you book you room?

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »
Did you book through lifestylekoshervacations.com?

Offline nams88

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »
Did this include the standard all-inclusive package? When I went I paid $281 for two people for 7 nights at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa (Right next door and part of the same group) for a Superior room. The room itself was really the only let down of the resort. I would definitely pay an extra $200 for the nice room.

Where did you book you room?

I booked through a member (DDF Joesol gave me the contact information)- Cheri: pekartimp@aol.com. She was very helpful and gave us good prices.

Basically the member reserves and pays for the room for you (you pay them for that cost). All inclusive is on top of that (whether you're doing kosher or not). So based on staying in Cofresi, the room was $450/week. Upon arrival, ANYONE has to pay $50/day per person for all inclusive-- that gives you access to all of the bars and restaurants,etc. Kosher, is another $49/day per person. So, in total, if you do the kosher option, you're paying for the room PLUS $99/day. It was confusing to us that they made us pay separate, but if you know in advance it makes more sense.

So on a one week stay, you're charged $50/day per person for all inclusive= $700 (based on 2 adults), and then $49/day per person for kosher= $686 (based on 2 adults).

Total cost for hotel+ food for the week for 2 adults was-- $450+$700+$686= $1,836. (which included transport to and from airport)

Offline nams88

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »
How was the weather? Did you stay in July?

The weather was great- we didn't have any rain at all (they said rain season is usually Sep-Oct time). It was basically in the 90's with a breeze the whole time. (We went mid-July)

Offline maxmiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »
The weather was great- we didn't have any rain at all (they said rain season is usually Sep-Oct time). It was basically in the 90's with a breeze the whole time. (We went mid-July)

Was the chef Donny there?

Offline nams88

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:46 AM »

Offline SRM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Has anyone been to this property recently over shabbos? How is it? If I'm interested in booking what would be the best site/person to book with?

Offline nams88

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Has anyone been to this property recently over shabbos? How is it? If I'm interested in booking what would be the best site/person to book with?
Yes, we were just there in July over Shabbas. You can look at the thread earlier, I posted more information. I would stay in Presidential Suites since that's the closes to the kosher food. Shabbas was really nice- great meals and relaxing. No minyan when we were there but there is a shul a few minutes from the Presidential Suites.
We booked through a member that Joesol (Dans Deals Forum member) recommended- Cheri-- pekartimp@aol.com -- she was very helpful.

Offline SRM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
Yes, we were just there in July over Shabbas. You can look at the thread earlier, I posted more information. I would stay in Presidential Suites since that's the closes to the kosher food. Shabbas was really nice- great meals and relaxing. No minyan when we were there but there is a shul a few minutes from the Presidential Suites.
We booked through a member that Joesol (Dans Deals Forum member) recommended- Cheri-- pekartimp@aol.com -- she was very helpful.

Thank you. If I stay in one of the other suites or one of the villas how far would the walk be to the kosher food?

Offline maxmiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »
Thank you. If I stay in one of the other suites or one of the villas how far would the walk be to the kosher food?

I am a member, let me know what info you need. I recommend staying at the Presidential as it is right next to the Kosher food, the villas vary from 5-30 min walk. If you stay in a villa you get a gulf cart though. 

Offline cooljoe613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Avis presidents Club, National Executive club,hyatt diamond
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »
i just discovered this "accessory" you can add on too your booking on cheapCaribbean.com 

you will see this after you chose the presidential room then there is an add on page where u can add transportation trips etc

looks like its half price!!

for 8 days this is what i was charging me per person to add kosher....

OK Kosher Certified Vacation Experience -- Presidential Suites Cofresi by Lifestyle
$385.00 per person
Complete Kosher vacation experience when staying at Presidential Suites Cofresi by Lifestyle.

Kosher vacation experience features:
- Full kosher kitchen with kosher chef in residence
- Kosher restaurant with a buffet and a la carte menu
- Orthodox Synagogue
- Rabbinical services
- Kosher villa environment

The following Terms & Conditions Apply:

1) Only valid for purchase between July 30, 2014 and December 19, 2015.
2) Only valid for travel between July 30, 2014 and December 19 2015.
3) OK Kosher Certified Vacation Experience must be purchased for full length of stay.

These rates are Add-On only prices and will be combined with room rates. No refunds or exchanges will be made for unused features or services. Package features are not transferable.

This is an informational voucher only and has no cash value to the resort. This only serves to provide notification that this fee has been paid as part of your reservation and should not be collected by the resort. If you have any questions, please contact our Reservations Center at toll free 1-800-915-2322.

Offline cooljoe613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Avis presidents Club, National Executive club,hyatt diamond
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
I am a member, let me know what info you need. I recommend staying at the Presidential as it is right next to the Kosher food, the villas vary from 5-30 min walk. If you stay in a villa you get a gulf cart though.

is the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort close too the kosher food?

is that a nice suite?

can you get me a good reate that includes transfers  from sti?

Offline cooljoe613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2014, 01:08:10 AM »
is it advisable to rent a car and drive from STI to the resort?

its 103 for a week after tax

is the area around the resort safe?

Offline Tomtk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »
I just booked 5 nights 2 br presidential suite. Does anyone have any info about Eruv?
Flights from NY are much cheaper to STI then POP

Offline sruly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
What's the best way to book for this weekend ?

Offline cooljoe613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »
i just came back and all i can say is "you have no idea" words can not describe how amazing this resort is pictures don't do justice

i will put up a TR when i have time but all i can say is GO GOG GO  GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!

and yes the food is amazing and yes  i have been to top hotel programs.....

there is a wall surrounding the ps area so all you need to make is an aruv chazaros but check with ylor