Author Topic: Chase CC App. question  (Read 2874 times)

Offline yudel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase CC App. question
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »
does anybody know if applying for 2 cards with diff. browsers at the same time, will work with chase cards? (now with the 6 month rule)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: Chase CC App. question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
If by the "6 month rule" your referring to being denied withing the last 6 mo., Dan suggested to just check the box that says you weren't denied and not worry about it. Cant answer you browser question though.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
does anybody know if applying for 2 cards with diff. browsers at the same time, will work with chase cards? (now with the 6 month rule)
The 6 month rule (only 1 card app every 6 months) is not written in stone.  It's cited when they feel like it.
Try 2 different browsers and let us know!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yudel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »
my experience with the 6 month rule: got approved for BA Continental and United within 6 months but got denied for united business. i called to try to get approved and a supervisor told me that they just had a meeting about this and only 1 card in 6 months no exceptions...
i'll try 2 at a time fo my wife and let u know how it goes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
my experience with the 6 month rule: got approved for BA Continental and United within 6 months but got denied for united business. i called to try to get approved and a supervisor told me that they just had a meeting about this and only 1 card in 6 months no exceptions...
i'll try 2 at a time fo my wife and let u know how it goes
Like I said, it's YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
One of the questions on new Chase Continental card is if you we're not denied credit in last 6 months from Chase. I was denied 3 months ago, but it's because at the time I had too many Inquiries in 6 month period. Now most of those fell off (longer then 6 months). Does it pay to apply again now (3 months later) or just wait out the 6 months? My credit is in high 700's. Do I call one of those number Dan posted and try my luck on site?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
Not necessarily the right thread, but...

I opened several credit cards in the last few months (as in 5 or 6 within the last 4-5 months). My recent credit cards are offering me credit limits of about $1000 (probably because i have so much credit out there). I recently got denied for a business card for having so many inquiries and for having so many cards that are not being utilized.

The question: I want to get a Chase CO cc before the merger as i never had one and want to get in before CO merges. How long do you think it would take before i can safely apply and not run the risk of another denial because of so many approvals. Until recently, i was never denied for a card and my FICO was always around 780. Should i close some cards that i no longer need and then wait some time?

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
I was in your boat 3 months ago. I was denied beacuse too many inquiries in 6 months (also 5-6). I waited 3 months (until 2-3 fell off), applied again yesterday dor new Chase Co card and was approved.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
I recently got denied for a business card for having so many inquiries and for having so many cards that are not being utilized.
I was in your boat 3 months ago. I was denied beacuse too many inquiries in 6 months (also 5-6).

How many is 'so many'?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »
How many is 'so many'?

So many inquiries- maybe 10?
so many cards- i have the exact number at home, but i have around 20 open cards