Author Topic: CO Flight- TLV Motzei Yom Kippur  (Read 3900 times)

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
CO Flight- TLV Motzei Yom Kippur
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:01:40 AM »
Anyone have real experience making the 10:50 Co flight on Motzei Y"K?
By my estimates we could be there 1 1/2 hours before the flight. Will I have enough time to make it? They recommend 2 1/2 -3 hours for int'l destinations. Will they deny boarding if I don't make the cut offs? I will have luggage...

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Re: CO Flight- TLV Motzei Yom Kippur
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »
 Since its not possible for you to do OLCI (OnLineCheckIn) you run the risk that if you get there later then 65 mins before the flight that the computer will have shut down the flight and they wont let you on it. Had you done OLCI then they will usually even take your bags after the 60 min cut off. (btw I did say 65 mins the 1st time since I once had a problem where the computer took over the flight 63 mins before and yes that was 3 mins early but it still meant that my reserved seats were taken away from me and I ened up not flying to Paris since I wasnt gonna seat in a middle seat, good thing it was afree tkt and as a Plat I was simply able to CX it at the Gate when no other seat was available for me ).

keep in mind that the cut off isnt that you have to show up to EWR by 9:50pm but that you have already checked-in by that time, so if the lines are out the door and you were online for say 2 hrs its not COs fault if the computer shut down the flight before you reached the counter, although theyw ill try to work with everyone just know they dont have to and will be less likely if its yep Oversold

If the flight is oversold then its less of a chance that theyw ill work with you, the good thing is CO has opened up both Mon flights for free tkts and even lowered the fare by $110, so at least you have an out.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:00:00 AM by steve2 »

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
I will have someone in Israel do the OLCI about six hours earlier. What do you think?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »
I will have someone in Israel do the OLCI about six hours earlier. What do you think?

would be a Temendous help for You, as there is a Bag drop area so all you have to do is ask where it is and drop off your bags, but you will need to print your BPs before getting to EWR. (not 100% sure if the bag drop is open at night, Im usually on the 4pm flight and its open then for sure and unfortunately Im on the 90 this time Mon night so no help to you).

The advantage is even if bag drop isnt open , once you get to the counter all you have to tell them is you did OLCI and are simply looking to drop off your bags, so they wont tell you too late as you are already Confirmed as Checked In for the flight, now the question is only getting your bags onto it. A much better sit to be in then it being 10:05pm and you just reached the counter and want to check-in

Im also sure CO is used to the mayhem and for this Sat it will be flight #3 for them to TLV but the only 1 with the religious that will be flying (the other 2 are @ 5am and the reg @ 4pm) The 5am is so that they can run the 91 on Sat night out of TLV, it will arrive after YK is over and in enough time to turn around and be the 91, it should be mostly empty but they wont lose $$ since the cargo hold will be full with cargo and the 91 back will be the same but probably full of passengers as well

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
I would assume that if you're flying biz you shouldn't have too hard of a time.
-Eli

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »
Not biz, but just booked it. I am hoping for the best. Any point in OLCI if I can't print out the boarding pass?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
Not biz, but just booked it. I am hoping for the best. Any point in OLCI if I can't print out the boarding pass?

YES you are Offically checked in even w/o a BP , no OLCI then you Offically arent checked-in and arrive late (Even in BF) and they can refuse to take you and are within their Rights.

Best is of cause OLCI and print the BPs should be no problem just go to CO.com click the "Reservations' box across the top then click 'Check-in' and it should allow you by 1 of 3 ways to get to your res and reprint the BPs, 2nd best just OLCI , worst is showing up w/o having done OLCI

how many seats did you book,  and was it in Saver?

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »
Exactly, you are checked in already, and you are allowed to lose the bp.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »

no question you are allowed to lose it or forgot it at home, but if the computer shut the flight down, they they have to get someone who can overide it to reprint the BPs,and the kyosk usually wont be of any help. = alot of time trying to work it all out which if the BPs are in hand will allow a much smoother time and less chance of missing the flight.

On my way home last night turns out there was an accident on the bridge and people were stuck sitting there for over 90 mins, go figure at 11pm on a Sat night I would have to take the other bridge and drive back down

So the OPs arrival 90 mins before flight time is if everything goes according to plan and nothing goes wrong, tahts why I like having the BPs in hand just for a safety measure and gives me some extra time and allows me to keep more hair on my head

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »
Didn't flyingace say its a CO flight from EWR?
Don't they constantly have CO kiosks open? Its their home base, no?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »
Didn't flyingace say its a CO flight from EWR?
Don't they constantly have CO kiosks open? Its their home base, no?

well no, once the computer shuts down the flight then a kyosk is useless as it cant bring up your res = U cant print or reprint the BP you need to find a Supervisor who will beable to override the system to do that. Which I had done too many times to count, but they did it due to my being a Plat. I dont know if they would do it if I wasnt a Plat or didnt have any Elite status

also once the flight is Closed by the computer you cant switch seats except at the Gate, this is at least with CO,AA,UA & DL that I ran into the problems with but each time I had status with that Carrier or Alliance and the Supervisor did the Override and told me I shouldnt rely on it happening every time

Could be in Europe they do things differently

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »
Maybe its different by us, but once checked in, cannot any CO rep in the airport reprint your BP (flight stays open till the actual gate closes, which is way less then an hour to the flight)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »
Maybe its different by us, but once checked in, cannot any CO rep in the airport reprint your BP (flight stays open till the actual gate closes, which is way less then an hour to the flight)

even worse then that it takes the Supervisor to override the computer so that they can print the baggage tags and get my bags on the plane even with the BP in hand! The sup must swipe their ID card and key a bunch of things in, a reg agent cant do that

So once the flight is Closed lets say at T-60  only a Sup can help you, of cause since its now 'Gate Controlled" an agent working at that Gate can do things but that doesnt help unless you can get to the Gate

I can tell you when I swiped my Plat Co card in the kyosk it thinks and simply says 'Must see Agent" and wont allow me to do anything regarding the res since its in Lock Down

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
I didn't fully read this thread but if someone in israel can do OLCI then shouldn't they be able to pdf him the boarding pass. I'll do it if the OP wants.
-Eli

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »
I didn't fully read this thread but if someone in israel can do OLCI then shouldn't they be able to pdf him the boarding pass. I'll do it if the OP wants.

well then youd need to fax them to the passenger, so yes if a person leaves their fax machine on (assuming they have 1 at home) and you or anyone else checks them in in Israel and faxes them the BPS then it should be AOK.

I took it that the OP has everything planned out where they dont have an extra few mins to spare so having to go online and print the BPs (someone else did OLCI for them) might use up say 5 mins or more if the computer and printer werent left on over YK and they didnt have that 5 mins to spare.

The best would be if they have a fax machine and leave it on and then someone faxes the BPs to them and they remember to get them

pdf would work but take alot more time then if they were faxed over and thusly be sitting there and only have to pick them up rather then to start logging into ones email and then prining everything

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »
Why cant the person in israel fax or email the boarding passes

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »
Why cant the person in israel fax or email the boarding passes

as long as they have a printer they can and per my post before yurs its best to fax to save time, since it seems that whats the OP doesnt have much of

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
Yes it was low mileage for Motzei YK -just opened up. The passengers will be leaving from Yeshiva in a big rush. They do not have access to print out their BP or receive a fax. So it will be OLCI with no printing of BP. As a matter of fact, for my flight tonight OLCI told me I need to present my id , so they checked me in, but wouldn't give me boarding passes.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
Have you checked your PM's recently? I sent you some info regarding a car rental...

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds ;D, but those guys are closed on Sunday.