Author Topic: Amazon not so prime!!!  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon not so prime!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »
He's actually bashing the entire attitude of the forums as you see from his later posts. So all I said was if he feels that way he doesn't belong here. Simple.
I agree with much of his sentiment.
Does that mean I don't belong?

And I have complained when something came late for a birthday.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
That's not nice, guys.

He DOES belong to this forum.

+1 If something happened that bothered you and you feel is unjustified or negligence, ask for recompense. If a package came a day late and it did not matter, to complain is wrong IMO. Eizehu Ashir Hasameach bechelko! Tizrom!
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 09:05:13 AM »
+1
I love ddf and it's community, but I don't subscribe to the attitude of trying to get a penny out of every company and situation possible. Someone was trying to convince me last week why he was justified in leaving bad feedback to the Amazon laptop price mistake for $69 - no matter the size of the company we shouldn't be the PITA customers. Getting a price match or a coupon applied is great and what deal seekers are all about, complaining for every little issue to get a few $ compensation isn't imo.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
+1
I love ddf and it's community, but I don't subscribe to the attitude of trying to get a penny out of every company and situation possible. Someone was trying to convince me last week why he was justified in leaving bad feedback to the Amazon laptop price mistake for $69 - no matter the size of the company we shouldn't be the PITA customers. Getting a price match or a coupon applied is great and what deal seekers are all about, complaining for every little issue to get a few $ compensation isn't imo.
I disagree with your analogy. I agree that leaving bad feedback is pointless. But if I pay $79 per year for Prime when I can get the same thing from Shoprunner for free, it's a ripoff if I won't even get what I paid for.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
You pay for prime and 99% of the time you get it.  They do ship faster, sometimes it gets delayed by a day big deal.  If you ever sold anything online you would see shipping isn't always perfect. I'm pretty sure you would hate to be put under the same microscope...

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
Shoprunnner is a paid service too, and people pay for it and don't either get on time every time.  I paid for shoprunnner before Amex offered it - it isn't perfect either. Shipping depends on many different things.  How many times does UPS misplace a package while it's on the truck and they have to come back the next day.

Offline bubble347

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
I also just had a package that arrived a day late and I didn't request any compensation.  Isn't that amazing?  Why should you be compensated for every little thing?  Were you sitting at home and waiting for the package to arrive that your time should be compensated?
My order was for pampers, I did not have a single one left and I was really looking forward for that delivery. I think you can agree that I deserved compensation for that! BTW I got $10 promotional credit and an extra month of prime.
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline raphy781

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
How many times does UPS misplace a package while it's on the truck and they have to come back the next day.
Amazon should take that up with UPS.

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »
Amazon should take that up with UPS.
I believe that companys can/do get money back from UPS for late deliveries etc.

Offline Solomon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »
I placed a order yesterday and as a prime member i paid $3.99 for 1 day shipping. i did not receive my order by today nor has the order shipped yet, so i contacted Amazon thru chat, Please see the following conversation with the worlds most dumbest unhelpful representative  ::)

You are now connected to Jonalyn from Amazon.com
Me:Hi,
I paid extra for this order for 1 day shipping and i see it's not shipped yet
Jonalyn:Hello my name is Jonalyn.
I'm sorry that you were charged for the shipping cost of the item.
I'd be happy to look into this for you and see what we can do.
To better assist you with, may you please help me with the order number?
Me:110-3797640-3029038
Jonalyn:Thank you.
May I have a moment while I check on this further for you please?
Me:np
Jonalyn:Thanks for waiting
I have further checked the item and I can see here that you chose one day shipping when you placed the order. Normally all shipping methods have shipping charges except for the free shipping which can be avail upon purchasing an item with worth $35.
Me:Hi, i'm a prime member and i paid extra 3.99 for 1 day shipping and my item is not shipped yet
order was placed yesterday
and i need the item urgently, i was promised to have it by today and meanwhile nothing....
This is a total frustration. not my usual Amazon expirance
Jonalyn:Oh I see.
The Prime shipping benefits can only be apply to Two day shipping.
Would you like me to go ahead and change the shipping method of the item to two day shipping then?
Me:i don't understand this,
i paid for 'ONE' day shipping
and i was promised one day shipping
where does prime benefits come in here?????
as a prime member i get free 2 day shipping and above that i went ahead and paid extra 3.99 to have the item in one day
Jonalyn:I understand
Hence3, no worries, I will look for another option to help you.
I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'll just be a moment longer.
Me:np
Jonalyn:Thanks.
If may I ask, when did someone promised regarding the one day shipping?
Me:At checkout when i selected one day shipping............ and paid 3.99 for "one day shipping"
and how does that answer my cocern?
concern
Jonalyn:I understand However in my experience, all shipping methods have shipping cost that our customer have to pay. Choosing one day shipping as a method to ship the item must have to pay for the shipping charge of the item regardless of being a Prime member. The prime shipping benefits can only eligible for the two day shipping and not for another shipping method. Hence, let me go ahead and look for another option to resolve the issue. Would you be able to hold?
Me:my problem is not the charge of 3.99 my problem is that i paid for one day shipping and i did not receive it yet nor is the item shipped yet
Jonalyn:Thanks for waiting
Oh I see.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
I can see here in your order that it was not shipped yet.
You did not charged yet for any amount until your order will shipped out.
The shipping charges that you are seeing during check out will be the amount that you will pay when the order ships out as well as the amount of the item.
When you view your order, you will be charge for the shipping cost plus the amount of the item once it will shipped out. As for this moment there was no charge happen yet.
Me:again charges is not my problem... my problem is that i selected and was promised next day shipping yesterday and i did not receive it nor has the item shipped yet.
look , here is the problem.
Jonalyn:Oh I got you now.
Looking at the order, you placed the order on December 9, 2013, and since you chose one day shipping you have to receive the item today, is that right?
Me:I paid 3.99 for one day shipping, The item was supposed to arrive today, the Item did not ship yet, where is my Item, why did it not ship
yes
goddamn right
Jonalyn:Thanks for confirming No worries, I'll do my best to look what happened to your order.
Me:...........
any update?
Jonalyn:Thank you for waiting
I have made a research regarding your concern and the reason why the estimated delivery date of the item will be on December 12, 2013, that: there are two order numbers that was combined into shipment. The item
which you chose the two day shipping.
Since you chose two day shipping for the item : which made the delay for the one day shipping, you will receive the item on December 12, 2013.
Does that answer your query?
Me:How unprofessional, my item that i paid for one day shipping did not arrive next day because i placed a different order with 2 day shipping???????
does that even make sense to you????? can you try to repeat that????
so customers do not receive their items next day when they pay for next day shipping if they place a different order with 2 day shipping?????
Jonalyn:I'm sorry for the confusion.
I mean for the misunderstanding.
Me:And how does that help me??
I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE PRIME AIR DRONES YOU GUYS SHOULD START DELIVERING ITEMS TO THE CUSTOMER AT THE PROMISED DATE
Jonalyn:I did not say that the reason for the delay was because you place the order with two day shipping.
Me:Whatever you are just wasting my time.. have a nice day.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »
I believe that companys can/do get money back from UPS for late deliveries etc.
+1
I once had an order not show up a week after it was supposed to, I contacted UPS they told me to contact Amazon being that they deal with them directly.

Offline bubble347

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »
I placed a order yesterday and as a prime member i paid $3.99 for 1 day shipping. i did not receive my order by today nor has the order shipped yet, so i contacted Amazon thru chat, Please see the following conversation with the worlds most dumbest unhelpful representative  ::)

Don't let Amazon get away with that kind of BS call them or chat them and ask for a credit. Folks have been reporting receiving up to $20.
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
Don't let Amazon get away with that kind of BS call them or chat them and ask for a credit. Folks have been reporting receiving up to $20.
+1
I've chatted with Amazon many times, and I have never dealt with this type of illiteracy and incompetence. Start a new chat and chances are you'll get a competent agent who will apologize and then compensate you handsomely. 

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

So incompetent. I can't believe you stayed calm for so long! :)

Offline peroneustertius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 01:14:25 PM »
My order was for pampers, I did not have a single one left and I was really looking forward for that delivery. I think you can agree that I deserved compensation for that! BTW I got $10 promotional credit and an extra month of prime.
if that is the case that you need the item right away then I would agree with you that you deserve compensation. My point was like DH was saying. People ask for compensation just bc they know that amazon will give it to them. Doesn't mean you deserve it... Amazon reps have a certain flexibility of what they are allowed to offer a customer simply bc they are complaining. And thank you to those who backed me up.

Offline Solomon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Don't worry i called after this chat and got my complete $40 purchase refunded, Just uploaded the chat to share it with you guys

Offline Solomon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
So incompetent. I can't believe you stayed calm for so long! :)
I didn't, I just altered the chat. There was some language involved in the chat that would not be so appropriate to upload here.  ;D

Offline ShmuliT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Can they use the bad laungauge against you?
Ive asked on a chat before,  "am I chatting with a machine, or are you a real person".

Offline ShmuliT

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »
+1
I've chatted with Amazon many times, and I have never dealt with this type of illiteracy and incompetence. Start a new chat and chances are you'll get a competent agent who will apologize and then compensate you handsomely.
Why not email them. Its saves a lot of time and ime has good outcomes.

Offline Solomon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »
Ive asked on a chat before,  "am I chatting with a machine, or are you a real person".
It is definitely a human person. I mean can a machine be so dumb?  ::)
Can they use the bad laungauge against you?
what is there to use against me?