Topic Wiki

TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines

How it works

An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.

Interested applicants must visit an application center to provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth and address. An applicant will be fingerprinted and will be required to provide valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. An applicant also has the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information and make an appointment before visiting an application center. There is a nonrefundable application processing fee of $85.

After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. An applicant also may check status online by visiting https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ and clicking on “Service Status.” The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years.

Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre✓™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the ten participating airlines.  The KTN also can be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations.  Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
Please make sure the name used when applying for the TSA Pre✓™ application program matches the name used when booking travel.
TSA Pre✓™ eligibility will be identified with a TSA Pre✓™ indicator on the boarding pass.

Important Notice

Please note, appointments may only be made for a date within a 45 day window of completing the online application, and if all available appointments are booked in that period, appointments would not be accepted, requiring the applicant to check back for availability. The applicant also may visit an application site as a “walk-in” without an appointment but could experience a longer wait time.

Ready to pre-enroll? Visit the TSA Pre✓™ application website.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I do not meet the eligibility requirements?
A. If TSA determines that the applicant does not meet program eligibility requirements, the applicant will receive a letter via U.S. mail to the mailing address provided in the application with instructions on how to proceed.

Q. How can I pay?
A. Applicants pay at an application center with credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Application centers accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Check and money order payments for all services should be made payable to "MorphoTrust USA." Checks and money orders must be written in the exact amount. No change or refunds can be given.

Q. Can I be refunded the $85 fee?
A. No. TSA uses the application fee to cover the costs of background checks after the application is submitted. Therefore, no refunds are allowed, even if it is determined that the applicant does not meet eligibility requirements.

Q. Where can I apply in-person?
A. For information and directions to your nearest application center, click here. TSA has more than 300 locations nationwide.

Q. Do I need to make an appointment for an application center?
A. Visit the TSA Pre✓™ appointment webpage to make an appointment or contact the Universal Enrollment Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Eastern Time.  Walk-ins are also allowed at most application centers, but wait times may be longer.

Q. What documents do I need to bring to the application center?
A. View the list of required identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents.

Q. How should I fill out my name on my application?
A. The name on the application must exactly match the name on the applicant’s identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents and be the name used when booking travel reservations.

Q. What if I have legally changed my name and it does not match the name on my identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents?
A. If the applicant has legally changed his or her name, that individual must provide an original or certified a court-ordered name change document (such as marriage certificates or divorce decrees) in addition to the required documentation. For example, when presenting a U.S. birth certificate with maiden name and a driver’s license with the married name, the applicant must also provide a marriage certificate that shows the link between the names on the birth certificate and the driver’s license.

Q. What happens if I cannot provide fingerprints or be fingerprinted?
A. For the in-person fingerprint collection, TSA has procedures to accommodate individuals who are partial or full amputees or who may be unable to provide ten-finger fingerprints.

Q. How will I be notified if I am approved?
A. If approved, the applicant will receive a notification letter with an assigned Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail when TSA completes the review of their application. The assigned KTN must be used when booking travel reservations. Applicants can also check their status online.

Q. Will I receive a card or credential to be used when traveling?
A. No. There is no card or credential provided by the TSA Pre✓™ application program.  Instead, the traveler would use the provided Known Traveler Number (KTN) when booking travel.  The KTN can be provided online when booking a flight. It also can be saved in the traveler’s profile, or provided verbally to the airline representative when booking travel by phone.

Q. If I have already been approved for Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or if I already have a KTN,  do I need to apply for the TSA Pre✓™ application program?
A. Individuals who already have a KTN, including members of Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, need not enroll in the TSA Pre✓™ application program.

Link to purchase Global Entry TSA pre-check for a discounted price.
« Last edited by chff on August 16, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »

Author Topic: TSA Precheck  (Read 182537 times)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: TSA Precheck
« Reply #620 on: March 27, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
Upon arrival in JFK, do I need appointment?
IIRC walk-ins are long over

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 27, 2018, 09:56:42 AM »
Upon arrival in JFK, do I need appointment?
in the GE thread someone wrote something like doing it at customs...

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 27, 2018, 09:59:52 AM »
in the GE thread someone wrote something like doing it at customs...
IIRC at some locations you can schedule an apt for an interview upon arrival

Offline US

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 27, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
IIRC at some locations you can schedule an apt for an interview upon arrival
At JFK there's an option to schedule, but the latest appointment is at 7:45 and I'm landing at 8:05..

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:12 AM »
At JFK there's an option to schedule, but the latest appointment is at 7:45 and I'm landing at 8:05..
Arrival apt?

Offline US

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 27, 2018, 10:06:16 AM »
Arrival apt?
I think so..
Any difference?

Offline US

• View Profile

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 27, 2018, 11:33:46 AM »

I've done it at BWI - no wait. Could have "walked in" @ IAD but long wait.

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
« Reply #628 on: March 27, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »
pls excuse me if this is discussed, but I'm flying VA tonight out of LAX, they don't participate in TSA Pre, but I think T2 would have TSA Pre lanes, so can I use TSA Pre presenting my Global Entry cards?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #629 on: March 27, 2018, 01:31:30 PM »
pls excuse me if this is discussed, but I'm flying VA tonight out of LAX, they don't participate in TSA Pre, but I think T2 would have TSA Pre lanes, so can I use TSA Pre presenting my Global Entry cards?
Yes global entry allows you to use tsa pre check.
  Why don't you attach the KTN to your boarding pass?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2018, 01:36:36 PM »
What is Enrollment on Arrival? With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection or Preclearance. This options is now available at:
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
Denver International Airport (DEN)
Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW)
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston
Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)

William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
A list of participating airports can be located on the CBP.gov website. Check the website for updated participating airports. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival

What do I do when I land in the international terminal? Follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won't need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).

If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival.

Does anyone know if this works for Nexus too? And if yes, can this be done while transiting via YYZ or YVR?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »
Does anyone know if this works for Nexus too? And if yes, can this be done while transiting via YYZ or YVR?
I had the same question take a peek in this thread let me pull it up for you.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 27, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
Here you go, http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16.msg1911428#msg1911428

Offline lybbtthl

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 27, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »
Yes global entry allows you to use tsa pre check.
  Why don't you attach the KTN to your boarding pass?
Virgin Australia doesn't participate so they won't add it to the boarding pass - I'm asking if I can go there regardless and present my cards and will they allow me to use it.
(Yes, I'm aware that GE includes TSA Pre)

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #634 on: March 27, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »
Here you go, http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16.msg1911428#msg1911428
👍

Anyone actually did this at YYZ? I presume this is airside. How much time needed for interview on arrival (Nexus is 2 interviews)?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 27, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
Virgin Australia doesn't participate so they won't add it to the boarding pass - I'm asking if I can go there regardless and present my cards and will they allow me to use it.
(Yes, I'm aware that GE includes TSA Pre)
Doubtful. If it's not printed on your boarding pass the TSA people will just tell you to go the regular line. Good luck!

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 27, 2018, 06:21:42 PM »
If it's not printed on your boarding pass the TSA people will just tell you to go the regular line.
+1

This is the case even for airlines that do participate in TSA Pre. If it’s not on the boarding pass, you don’t get the benefit.

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 27, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
Regarding TSA and Virgin Australia. One solution would be to purchase a refundable ticket on another airline that had TSA PreCheck.  Of course, by the time you bother with that, you probably could have just stayed in the regular line. 

Offline lybbtthl

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 29, 2018, 10:26:16 PM »
I must say the entire experience was a disaster; first we had to walk from check-in at T2 to TBIT for the flight, (contrary to what they said over the phone 5 hours earlier). then we had to join the regular security line, there weren't any signs for TSA Pre, which is strange, because I'm sure some airlines in TBIT participate in TSA Pre... I asked the guy if we can get it showing my GE cards, but he said no, he did say though, that if the BPs said TSA Pre then I wouldn't have to take off my shoes... but they were so incompetent there.... It's never taken me so long at security. They pulled out every second tray for secondary screening, there were so many I waited 25 min to go through my bags, they also made me take the doona elsewhere, when I've flown many times with it and it fits in regular scanners... I had no time to go check out emirates lounge which I was kind of excited about... next time I'll buy refundable AA tickets and clear security at T4 and use the secure bridge to get to TBIT....

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »
Will having precheck effect getting GE in any way?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch