Topic Wiki

TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines

How it works

An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.

Interested applicants must visit an application center to provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth and address. An applicant will be fingerprinted and will be required to provide valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. An applicant also has the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information and make an appointment before visiting an application center. There is a nonrefundable application processing fee of $85.

After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. An applicant also may check status online by visiting https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ and clicking on “Service Status.” The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years.

Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre✓™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the ten participating airlines.  The KTN also can be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations.  Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
Please make sure the name used when applying for the TSA Pre✓™ application program matches the name used when booking travel.
TSA Pre✓™ eligibility will be identified with a TSA Pre✓™ indicator on the boarding pass.

Important Notice

Please note, appointments may only be made for a date within a 45 day window of completing the online application, and if all available appointments are booked in that period, appointments would not be accepted, requiring the applicant to check back for availability. The applicant also may visit an application site as a “walk-in” without an appointment but could experience a longer wait time.

Ready to pre-enroll? Visit the TSA Pre✓™ application website.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I do not meet the eligibility requirements?
A. If TSA determines that the applicant does not meet program eligibility requirements, the applicant will receive a letter via U.S. mail to the mailing address provided in the application with instructions on how to proceed.

Q. How can I pay?
A. Applicants pay at an application center with credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Application centers accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Check and money order payments for all services should be made payable to "MorphoTrust USA." Checks and money orders must be written in the exact amount. No change or refunds can be given.

Q. Can I be refunded the $85 fee?
A. No. TSA uses the application fee to cover the costs of background checks after the application is submitted. Therefore, no refunds are allowed, even if it is determined that the applicant does not meet eligibility requirements.

Q. Where can I apply in-person?
A. For information and directions to your nearest application center, click here. TSA has more than 300 locations nationwide.

Q. Do I need to make an appointment for an application center?
A. Visit the TSA Pre✓™ appointment webpage to make an appointment or contact the Universal Enrollment Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Eastern Time.  Walk-ins are also allowed at most application centers, but wait times may be longer.

Q. What documents do I need to bring to the application center?
A. View the list of required identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents.

Q. How should I fill out my name on my application?
A. The name on the application must exactly match the name on the applicant’s identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents and be the name used when booking travel reservations.

Q. What if I have legally changed my name and it does not match the name on my identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents?
A. If the applicant has legally changed his or her name, that individual must provide an original or certified a court-ordered name change document (such as marriage certificates or divorce decrees) in addition to the required documentation. For example, when presenting a U.S. birth certificate with maiden name and a driver’s license with the married name, the applicant must also provide a marriage certificate that shows the link between the names on the birth certificate and the driver’s license.

Q. What happens if I cannot provide fingerprints or be fingerprinted?
A. For the in-person fingerprint collection, TSA has procedures to accommodate individuals who are partial or full amputees or who may be unable to provide ten-finger fingerprints.

Q. How will I be notified if I am approved?
A. If approved, the applicant will receive a notification letter with an assigned Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail when TSA completes the review of their application. The assigned KTN must be used when booking travel reservations. Applicants can also check their status online.

Q. Will I receive a card or credential to be used when traveling?
A. No. There is no card or credential provided by the TSA Pre✓™ application program.  Instead, the traveler would use the provided Known Traveler Number (KTN) when booking travel.  The KTN can be provided online when booking a flight. It also can be saved in the traveler’s profile, or provided verbally to the airline representative when booking travel by phone.

Q. If I have already been approved for Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or if I already have a KTN,  do I need to apply for the TSA Pre✓™ application program?
A. Individuals who already have a KTN, including members of Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, need not enroll in the TSA Pre✓™ application program.

Link to purchase Global Entry TSA pre-check for a discounted price.
« Last edited by chff on August 16, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »

Author Topic: TSA Precheck  (Read 178646 times)

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: TSA Precheck
« Reply #580 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2017, 05:01:00 AM »
yes- british airways to london.

thank you

that's what I thought, British Airways
I don't think BA participates in the TSA Pre program. I also don't think they have TSA Pre screening in JFK T7 since UA left.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 03, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
how long does conditional approval for global entry usually take?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 03, 2017, 10:30:57 AM »
how long does conditional approval for global entry usually take?
Varies. Could take between 2-6 weeks.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 03, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »
Varies. Could take between 2-6 weeks.
thanks

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 11, 2017, 11:42:28 AM »
do i need to bring anything to a global entry appointment besides for id?

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
do i need to bring anything to a global entry appointment besides for id?

officially the approval paper (i was asked for it)

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
officially the approval paper (i was asked for it)
i never got one, i just got a email that my application status changed and when i logged in it showed i was conditionally approved.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
i never got one, i just got a email that my application status changed and when i logged in it showed i was conditionally approved.
Print the letter from the website.

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 11, 2017, 11:57:52 AM »
there should be a document there to print

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
Print the letter from the website.
there should be a document there to print
thanks

Offline shmoe joe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 15, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
About how long does it take to get appointment? Does calling/emailing them that I have a upcoming trip help to speed up?
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #592 on: October 15, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
About how long does it take to get appointment? Does calling/emailing them that I have a upcoming trip help to speed up?
Depends on location, some are immediate others are months out. No, it does not help.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #593 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
cancellations do happen and they sometimes add slots at the beginning or end of the day so it makes sense to keep checking back.
Feelings don't care about your facts

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »

Keep checking, you'll find something you like

Offline dkbalt

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 01, 2017, 10:14:54 AM »
TSA's Precheck will soon be accepted as a fast pass at certain NFL stadium.

Pretty cool added benefit. Check out the article https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/31/tsa-precheck-now-fast-tracks-your-entrance-to-nfl-stadiums/

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »
https://www.cntraveler.com/story/tsa-precheck-program-now-includes-more-of-the-worlds-best-airlines

5 more airlines accepting TSA Pre:
All Nippon Airways
Cathay Pacific Airways
Finnair
Korean Air
Contour Aviation (charter).

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »
Seems like TSA has really sped up their wait times!
Applied for my wife a couple months back and it took about 3 weeks or so.
Bought a TSA GE credit here on forum Tuesday evening and got an email Mitzi Shab 12:32 am about a TTP status change. Sure enough, I was already approved! (Especially interesting because I had went to check something I had put in application earlier MSK and I was still waiting for approval. This email came in 12:32 am! Somehow it was being approved in the wee hours of the morning!)
I also noticed that the wait times have been dramatically cut. There are now availibilities in Newark in 2-3 days.

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 20, 2017, 12:09:22 AM »
Forgot to add that I bought it from @agoodyeshivabachur (using someone else’s account 😀

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 21, 2017, 06:07:03 PM »
Looks like they really did change things up and added a new(?) option. When I did this last did not receive an email stating that there was a change of status to my account (when application was accepted). I didn’t receive any emails from them. Today I received this email:
Dear Global Entry Applicant,

In lieu of scheduling an appointment at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, you have the unique opportunity to interview for Global Entry when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and Canada.

What is Enrollment on Arrival? With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection or Preclearance. This options is now available at:
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
Denver International Airport (DEN)
Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW)
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston
Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
A list of participating airports can be located on the CBP.gov website. Check the website for updated participating airports. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival

What do I do when I land in the international terminal? Follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won't need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).

If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

EDIT: I see that this link was published on 9/7/17-I guess it’s not a new thing. Even so, the fact that I got this email this time and not last together with availability etc as above does seem to show that their system is being revamped.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:20:21 PM by srepw »