Author Topic: Continetal Elite Upgrade EWR-TLV  (Read 6157 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Continetal Elite Upgrade EWR-TLV
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »
the 84 is delayed heres the seat map http://pda.continental.com/PDA20/FlightSeatMapList.aspx?FNum=84&FDate=SN2PFOhMRLqHh8ZChlH5YA==&RDiret=Status&segId=1&Fdep=EWR&FArr=TLV&shp=0005&cC=CO&GUID=000fa5d5-e1f1-4229-a77a-8967f75f5e12&gInfo1=1 seems theres 1/2 dz emptys in Coach while BF is full yet above you have it as Full/Oversold 13 cleared Standy-by and 2 left on the UP Waitlist = not much has changed from what I posted above before looking at the Flight and the way the TLV flights have been operating for yrs already.
I don't have today's flight 84 at all on my list above...not sure where you saw that.

My point is the waitlists for all those flights are nonexistant, which means that if any of those flights are indeed oversold the GA can do whatever they feel like doing w/r/t moving someone from coach to BF.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
I don't have today's flight 84 at all on my list above...not sure where you saw that.

My point is the waitlists for all those flights are nonexistant, which means that if any of those flights are indeed oversold the GA can do whatever they feel like doing w/r/t moving someone from coach to BF.

OK I BLEW that 1

where did you see that a flight is in an Oversold sit? Full yes but OS?

I admitt I didnt look at the flight #s but thought you started with the 84, BTW did you look at it and remember what it was like?

The 90 tonight is as you posted and the pda says no standbys yet  so with 6 BF empty VDB doesnt look good and anything less then 20 being Oversold isnt positive for anything, I was on flights that were 15 over and we went with empties. But I will admitt once I started flying UA and not buying CO tkts to TLV (12-15 CPM) I stopped watching the flights like a hawk. But from others I taught the VDB game to Ive heard that for several yrs now they havent scored anything on the TLV flights like we were doing a few yrs ago. Its due to CO getting its #s down pretty pat

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »
where did you see that a flight is in an Oversold sit? Full yes but OS?
I can't see if it's oversold, but if CO is not even willing to sell a full Y fare, then odds are the flight is oversold, or that they are planning on op-ops.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
so all the people on the upgrade waitlist are people who paid to upgrade?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 06:00:02 PM »
so all the people on the upgrade waitlist are people who paid to upgrade?
They can be (In order of priority):
-A displaced BF passenger who paid for a BF seat but for whatever reason got bumped out of BF (flight cancellation, aircraft swap)
-Someone who used Plan B (115K miles for a seat) but did not get a BF seat yet.  They are also considered a displaced BF passenger and will have highest priority.  They'll get a mileage refund if they don't clear the waitlist.
-Someone who paid miles+money for an upgrade.
-A nonrev.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Re: Continetal Elite Upgrade EWR-TLV 90 8/25
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »
 ok its still showing BF available and Coach full 1/2 hr before departure time

earlier Gel,J was both listed as Standby for the Flight as well as Upgrade Standby. Gel,J is now on the flight in BF also earlier it was 44 out of 50 sold now its 48/50 Seems if they cleared Gel,J into BF that Coach wasnt Oversold as they wouldnt VDB someone and clear a waitlisted person would they? Could be 3 were OPUPed or 3 paid whatever at the Gate to get into BF

But here earlier you were Correct Dan they werent selling any Coach seats for the 90 today and it seems if they were really OSed on the flight that BF would be 50/50 which it still might happen. But looks like alot of no-shows to me

http://pda.continental.com/PDA20/FlightSeatMapList.aspx?FNum=90&FDate=SN2PFOhMRLqHh8ZChlH5YA==&RDiret=Status&segId=1&Fdep=EWR&cC=CO&FArr=TLV&shp=0009&GUID=d7738fb6-0fd3-4a86-8779-df002e8a199b&gInfo1=1
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:46:56 PM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
CO90 tonight: Coach: full/oversold, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0
CO91 tonight: Coach: available, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0
CO84 tomorrow: Coach: available, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 1
CO85 tomorrow: Coach: full/oversold, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0
CO90 tomorrow: Coach: available, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0
CO91 tomorrow: Coach: full/oversold, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0

well yesterday you had todays 85 as Oversold in Coach according to the pda it left with 18 empty seats in Coach , this is why its not a good thing to try and Game the TLV flights any longer. A person might have seen the flight filling up and rather then say take another CO flight they purchased this 1 either hoping for the OPUP or VDB. True CO wont always get it right but more often then not they will, so if a VDB or OPUP sit happens Great but dont try to Game it

http://pda.continental.com/PDA20/FlightSeatMapList.aspx?FNum=85&FDate=7ilKmXGb3ksE/8JDa4Sbew==&RDiret=Status&segId=-1&Fdep=TLV&FArr=EWR&shp=0005&cC=CO&GUID=ab475dfe-fbda-45fa-89c9-31278fde718a&gInfo1=1
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:05:49 AM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
well yesterday you had todays 85 as Oversold in Coach according to the pda it left with 18 empty seats in Coach , this is why its not a good thing to try and Game the TLV flights any longer. A person might have seen the flight filling up and rather then say take another CO flight they purchased this 1 either hoping for the OPUP or VDB. True CO wont always get it right but more often then not they will, so if a VDB or OPUP sit happens Great but dont try to Game it

http://pda.continental.com/PDA20/FlightSeatMapList.aspx?FNum=85&FDate=7ilKmXGb3ksE/8JDa4Sbew==&RDiret=Status&segId=-1&Fdep=TLV&FArr=EWR&shp=0005&cC=CO&GUID=ab475dfe-fbda-45fa-89c9-31278fde718a&gInfo1=1
Nothing is predictable, you win some, you lose some.  Today's 91 just flip-flopped and is available in coach but not BF.

But they definitely op-up'ed people from coach to BF on yesterday's 90.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »
Nothing is predictable, you win some, you lose some.  Today's 91 just flip-flopped and is available in coach but not BF.

But they definitely op-up'ed people from coach to BF on yesterday's 90.

True most likely OPUPs on the 90 3 max

and most likely no sweet talking helped anyone, unlike maybe @ TLV. @TLV the agents that check you in also work the Gate that wont happen @ EWR or any busy station. It does @ PHL, but doubt sweet talking at checkin @ CLE will yield anything simply cause once you leave the Counter you wont see that person again till maybe the next time you checkin @ CLE

But my Point was unlike a few yrs ago its way too difficult to Play the OPUP or VDB Game any longer with CO to a certainity as it once was able to. Im afraid that they will be bringing that same way of doing things to UA, even UA has been changing the way it does things already since the Merge was announced

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

CO91 tomorrow: Coach: full/oversold, BF: available.  Upgrade waitlist: 0

OK the seat map now shows 2 were UPed and that BF is Full, Coach which was Full/Oversold yesterday now is showing 20 empties.OK being its just under 2 hrs to departure I thought maybe some people havent gotten to TLV yet and they didnt have a seat resereved.So I went to co.com put in for a 1way tkt for tonights 91 and put in for 8 passenegrs and CO.com was more then happy to sell them to me, so another Oversold flight most likely will be flying with Plenty of empties = no VDBs or OPUPs even thou yesterday CO wouldnt sell you even 1 Y tkt for the flight

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »
 well almost every flight the past few days have gone out with empties in both BF and Coach, never was this yrs ago. Forget about an OPUP or even a VDB

so with Succoth being the highest Peak time to fly to TLV and a person cant even get into the batters box for OPUPs or VDBs what does that say about the rest of the yr, as someone on FT has as their signature, The Game isnt as much Fun as it used to be

this is for EWR-TLV I saw even Biz for Saver became available on US for tonight earlier today didnt check coach

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »
well almost every flight the past few days have gone out with empties in both BF and Coach, never was this yrs ago. Forget about an OPUP or even a VDB

so with Succoth being the highest Peak time to fly to TLV and a person cant even get into the batters box for OPUPs or VDBs what does that say about the rest of the yr, as someone on FT has as their signature, The Game isnt as much Fun as it used to be

this is for EWR-TLV I saw even Biz for Saver became available on US for tonight earlier today didnt check coach
It's happened before.
Travel agents block huge spaces on planes and then release them at the last minute if they can't sell them.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
It's happened before.
Travel agents block huge spaces on planes and then release them at the last minute if they can't sell them.

very true but they usually release them way before the day itself or a few days I think its usually 14 days or so out.

But they dont hold BF seats only coach

oh well I got my 32J Exit row, I just pity those who think its a place to stand and hang out Old BF seats tonight as its been on alot of the TLV flights the past few days
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:34:03 PM by steve2 »