Topic Wiki

How long does transfer take from UR/MR/Citi TY?

Transfer by 11pm EST, it will be in SQ by 3am EST.

DDMS: Singapore Closing Award Loopholes With Star Alliance Award Chart Devaluation; Comparison Chart Of The Changes And More

« Last edited by Thingywingy on July 10, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »

Author Topic: Singapore Airlines  (Read 263867 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Singapore Airlines
« Reply #1060 on: July 05, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »
I booked a similar itinerary and then called them back and asked them to remove the first leg, in your case SIN-FRA

And they removed it for you and charged you less miles no problem?  I had posted in another thread b/c I want the direct SFO-HKG flight and it's rarely available but I can book online SFO-HKG-SIN so I was thinking to do that and then call and ask them to drop the last leg.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 05, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
And they removed it for you and charged you less miles no problem?  I had posted in another thread b/c I want the direct SFO-HKG flight and it's rarely available but I can book online SFO-HKG-SIN so I was thinking to do that and then call and ask them to drop the last leg.
BTW, SFO-HKG is usually more available in F than J.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 05, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »
BTW, SFO-HKG is usually more available in F than J.

Thanks I have noticed that!  It's usually only one seat.  I know it's DDF heresy but I was actually looking in Y b/c I'm not going to be able to get 5 seats in J or F and I'm mean and not wasting my points on my kids!  I was thinking to book 4 Y (since that seems to be the max available) on the SFO-HKG-SIN (and either drop the last leg or just not use it) and one F for SFO-HKG.  So MilesMaidel, they let you drop the leg, no issues?  I've found SQ to be crazy with all their routing rules.

Offline milesmaidel

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
I did LIH-EWR-CDG-FCO-EWR-LAX-LIH attempting to get myself a free stopover in EWR, I live in NYC and continue my travels six months after to Hawaii. I called a few times, and agents told me that you cannot have a stopover in a US city because of backtracking. I finally spoke to one agent who allowed me to book this flight combo and took off LIH-EWR for no additional miles.
Lesson learned: it's all about speaking to the right agent. If you get an answer you don't like try a few more times. I would book that and then drop the leg you won't be using.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 05, 2016, 10:01:11 PM »
I did LIH-EWR-CDG-FCO-EWR-LAX-LIH attempting to get myself a free stopover in EWR, I live in NYC and continue my travels six months after to Hawaii. I called a few times, and agents told me that you cannot have a stopover in a US city because of backtracking. I finally spoke to one agent who allowed me to book this flight combo and took off LIH-EWR for no additional miles.
Lesson learned: it's all about speaking to the right agent. If you get an answer you don't like try a few more times. I would book that and then drop the leg you won't be using.

Ok thanks so much. You're right.  I can book online and then just keep calling until I find the rep to let me drop the last leg.

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #1065 on: July 13, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »
Trying to book with SQ TLV-EWR they have available in biz class for 57k, they don't want to hold a reservation to my kris flyer account, does that makes sense ? I've done it in the past to hold the reservation, for some reason I've called twice and they don't let.

What's my best options before I transfer my points to be  guaranteed my flight ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 13, 2016, 07:24:16 AM »
Trying to book with SQ TLV-EWR they have available in biz class for 57k, they don't want to hold a reservation to my kris flyer account, does that makes sense ? I've done it in the past to hold the reservation, for some reason I've called twice and they don't let.

What's my best options before I transfer my points to be  guaranteed my flight ?
HUCA

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 13, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
HUCA

Did that still not working...

In the mean time united released seats in mid August so I just booked with them;))
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline ALLWAYSTRVELING

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 14, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »
Need some help. I am trying to book a flight on Singapore from LIH - NYC for end of Aug. There is a flight available from Lih - LAX landing at 5am in LAX and next avail flight is at 5pm from SNA to NYC. The agent on the phone said I cant book the flight bec its more then 4 hours between flights. Is there a work around? I thought you had 24 hours to catch the next leg.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:45 PM »
Need some help. I am trying to book a flight on Singapore from LIH - NYC for end of Aug. There is a flight available from Lih - LAX landing at 5am in LAX and next avail flight is at 5pm from SNA to NYC. The agent on the phone said I cant book the flight bec its more then 4 hours between flights. Is there a work around? I thought you had 24 hours to catch the next leg.

Why would you travel to LAX if you need to get to NYC ? Doesn't make sense to travel that way...

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 14, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
Why would you travel to LAX if you need to get to NYC ? Doesn't make sense to travel that way...
Maybe he wants to stop for Lunch at Tierra Sur.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:46 PM »
Maybe he wants to stop for Lunch at Tierra Sur.

Hmmmm.... LOL

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 14, 2016, 03:15:22 PM »

I just yesterday was trying to rebook a flight with an overnight in Houston on the way to Panama and she told me that it needs to be less than 4hrs for domestic stops or will count as a stopover.  She said it can also be much stricter on partners than if was on SQ.

Offline ALLWAYSTRVELING

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
There are no direct award flights using Kris flyer miles from Kauai to NYC. Unless if I am do something wrong. What would be a better option?

Online LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 14, 2016, 04:43:03 PM »
There are no direct award flights using Kris flyer miles from Kauai to NYC. Unless if I am do something wrong. What would be a better option?

Search united.com for avilability, then call SQ to book.

Offline ALLWAYSTRVELING

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 14, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »
I only search through United. No direct flights at all.

Offline ALLWAYSTRVELING

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 14, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »
Hmmmm.... LOL
That would be nice..... Lol

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1077 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:18 AM »
Can't be more than 4 hours on domestic. Some reps will allow you to book it with $100 fee.

Try booking a separate ticket to HNL and take nonstop to EWR.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ALLWAYSTRVELING

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 15, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »
Can't be more than 4 hours on domestic. Some reps will allow you to book it with $100 fee.

Try booking a separate ticket to HNL and take nonstop to EWR.

Does that apply even to a round trip ticket?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1079 on: July 15, 2016, 01:08:51 PM »
Yes.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper