Author Topic: Credit inquiry for Authorised used?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
Credit inquiry for Authorised used?
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:31:09 AM »
Credit karma is showing "new account opened inquiry" for me as well as  my wife for all chase cards recently opened by me and adding her as authorized user and vice-versa on both our accounts for each others cards. We know we are not putting SSN# for authorized user. Then how does chase pull inquiry for authorized user? Doesn't it hurt score with a pull for AU as well as primary account holder?

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Credit inquiry for Authorised used?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
No SS# is needed to add accounts to a CR. They are not allowed to pull the AU's CR when adding an AU.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline bochur123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02:04 AM »
They can pull ur credit report by name and address and they usually report on AU as long as address matches. I have never heard of a pull though only of reporting balances on AU credit report

Offline Salty

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: amex plat
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:53:13 PM »
From https://www.americanexpress.com/us/rwd/urgent-notice.html?intlink=USHomepageUrgentNotice:

Important notice about Target

"Target recently reported that there was unauthorized access to payment card data at its U.S. stores. American Express has put fraud controls in place and we continue to closely monitor the situation.

Please know American Express Card Members are not liable for any fraudulent charges. We encourage you to monitor your transactions online at americanexpress.com. If you notice fraudulent transactions, you can contact us by calling the number on the back of your card or go online and we will replace it. Otherwise, please continue to use your card.

We actively monitor accounts for fraud, and if we see unusual activity which may be fraud, our standard practice is to immediately contact our Card Members.

For more information about how American Express helps protect Card Members from fraud and what you can do to protect yourself, please visit our Security Center."

Does this mean that I can get a new number for my amex plat and prg? What will happen to my points?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
Does this mean that I can get a new number for my amex plat and prg? What will happen to my points?

I assume Amex would replace your cards and give  you a new number any time you want.  If not, you can always 'lose' them.  Then they surely replace them.  But Amex has a different number for each card - even authorised users, so unlike other cards (ie chase) losing one does not mean replacing all of the cards on the account.

The account itself remains, albeit with a different card number, so all your points are stiil there.
My favorite cause: cssy.org