Author Topic: Uber  (Read 188978 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
Re: Uber
« Reply #1440 on: March 17, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »
Uber agreed to consider all UK drivers as employees with minimum wage, pension, and paid vacation. Perhaps they realized a barrier of entry for new competitors is more valuable to them than cheap labor, as others suggested motivates Facebook to lobby for more regulation.

One thing is for sure, this does not bode well for the consumer.

Facebook?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 17, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »
Facebook?
Facebook lobbies for more regulation and content oversight. It has been suggested here that they are motivated by a belief they can afford to comply with it while it would impede competitors with smaller pockets.

Uber faces stiff competition and capitulated in many markets. Raising costs give Uber an advantage over new entrants
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:23 AM »
Facebook lobbies for more regulation and content oversight. It has been suggested here that they are motivated by a belief they can afford to comply with it while it would impede competitors with smaller pockets.

Uber faces stiff competition and capitulated in many markets. Raising costs give Uber an advantage over new entrants

Interesting. Regulation is the common denominator but still a big difference between content /privacy regulations and labor regulations.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 03, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »
I redeemed my rewards for a $30 UberX promo code a month ago. Since then, whenever I tried applying the promo to my trip I'd get an error that my payment method was unavailable. I opened a ticket with Uber and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app multiple times by reps repeating each other without actually reading my message. Now I'm stuck with two issues:
1) promo expired
2) app is still giving me the same issue

Any idea on how to reach someone that can actually help me?

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 03, 2021, 10:39:18 PM »
I redeemed my rewards for a $30 UberX promo code a month ago. Since then, whenever I tried applying the promo to my trip I'd get an error that my payment method was unavailable. I opened a ticket with Uber and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app multiple times by reps repeating each other without actually reading my message. Now I'm stuck with two issues:
1) promo expired
2) app is still giving me the same issue

Any idea on how to reach someone that can actually help me?
Welcome to Uber Customer Service  ::)

Well, if you're asking...

not that I think this always works  or that it can work for everybody. but if you have the amex platinum card people have had success in calling up amex with a problem with their Uber benefit and getting a AMEX to transfer them to a live person at Uber
Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
http://playjewishmusic.com/5-weeks-to-kumzits-piano-course/