Author Topic: Uber  (Read 168871 times)

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.

Offline Copernicus

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Uber
« Reply #811 on: June 29, 2015, 06:42:28 AM »
I just used Uber for the first time in China and Uber ripped me off!  I had a promotion active which should have covered the whole cost of the trip but the entire payment came from my credit card.  I've tried contacting their customer service several times about it and they just keep responding with a generic email in Chinese which I gathered basically explains how to add a promotion code to your account.  I saw that the promotion had already been added to my account and was active before I took the ride.

Since their customer service is useless, I'm thinking of just calling my bank and doing a charge-back on that payment at this point.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:56 AM »
I just used Uber for the first time in China and Uber ripped me off!  I had a promotion active which should have covered the whole cost of the trip but the entire payment came from my credit card.  I've tried contacting their customer service several times about it and they just keep responding with a generic email in Chinese which I gathered basically explains how to add a promotion code to your account.  I saw that the promotion had already been added to my account and was active before I took the ride.

Since their customer service is useless, I'm thinking of just calling my bank and doing a charge-back on that payment at this point.
Email support@uber.com. Their service is fantastic
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 29, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
Promotions can only be used in the area they were applied
Covid is AIRBORNE. Open some windows instead of washing your hands

Offline mileagejunkie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 460
    • View Profile
Uber
« Reply #814 on: June 29, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »
Promotions can only be used in the area they were applied

+1, they have to be in the same currency.

Uber didn't rip you off, you just didn't know how to they work... Just forget about it and use the credit another time, uber in China is very cheap!

A chargeback would be straight up stealing in my opinion.

Offline Copernicus

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 29, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
Ok, I didn't consider a chargeback would be looked at as stealing when I felt that the promotional credit should have covered the trip fare, and when their support refuses to respond to me aside from a generic email in Chinese.

And yes, Uber is very cheap in China.  That's not the point though. 

The credit however is not in Yuan but rather Canadian dollars, so that was obviously the issue then.  I did have promotional credits in Yuan, but the Canadian promotional code overwrote that one. I did not realize you cannot stack credit.  Now I cannot get rid of the Canadian one and revert to the Chinese one.

Do you think emailing that support address will help me resolve this?

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
Uber
« Reply #816 on: June 29, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »
Ok, I didn't consider a chargeback would be looked at as stealing when I felt that the promotional credit should have covered the trip fare, and when their support refuses to respond to me aside from a generic email in Chinese.

And yes, Uber is very cheap in China.  That's not the point though. 

The credit however is not in Yuan but rather Canadian dollars, so that was obviously the issue then.  I did have promotional credits in Yuan, but the Canadian promotional code overwrote that one. I did not realize you cannot stack credit.  Now I cannot get rid of the Canadian one and revert to the Chinese one.

Do you think emailing that support address will help me resolve this?

I am sure there are terms and conditions stipulating the use of the credits, and simply not hearing back from them (I am unsure which address you emailed as I've always gotten replies in English) is not an excuse for a chargeback. By all means if you want your account suspended go ahead and do it.

In my experience emailing will not help since I've had a similar instance where a referral credit wouldn't apply in Paris, and they didn't help. You can still try though.

Offline Copernicus

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 29, 2015, 09:54:46 AM »
I messaged them through their support menu via their website.  Having had a negative experience from the get-go with their customer service, I wouldn't be bothered about having my account suspended after a chargeback as I wouldn't have thought to use them again anyhow.

I could not find any relevant or clear information about my situation on their website.  I went through the proper support channels as per their site as well and was not being looked after.  Hence I feel that I, having gone through the proper hoops as per their website, have every right to do a chargeback at this point.  Not for the sake of saving me a few bucks or trying to get something for nothing, but out of principle. 

I will email support directly and see where that leads me.  Hopefully they help out and I can feel better about using them again.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 29, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »
I messaged them through their support menu via their website.  Having had a negative experience from the get-go with their customer service, I wouldn't be bothered about having my account suspended after a chargeback as I wouldn't have thought to use them again anyhow.

I could not find any relevant or clear information about my situation on their website.  I went through the proper support channels as per their site as well and was not being looked after.  Hence I feel that I, having gone through the proper hoops as per their website, have every right to do a chargeback at this point.  Not for the sake of saving me a few bucks or trying to get something for nothing, but out of principle. 

I will email support directly and see where that leads me.  Hopefully they help out and I can feel better about using them again.

If you email support, they will likely tell you the promotion was for Canada only, and then credit you anyway as a courtesy.
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »

If you email support, they will likely tell you the promotion was for Canada only, and then credit you anyway as a courtesy.

This is not how Uber usually works.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 29, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
This is not how Uber usually works.
Worked for me when I had a credit in shekel. Their service was amazing. They left my 30 shekel credit in my account and applied a $20 credit as well

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 29, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »

Worked for me when I had a credit in shekel. Their service was amazing. They left my 30 shekel credit in my account and applied a $20 credit as well

Wow, I guess they serve their new customers better than their most loyal :D

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 29, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »
Wow, I guess they serve their new customers better than their most loyal :D
I've had this service, as well as relatives and friends

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 29, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »
I've had this service, as well as relatives and friends
As with everything it depends on the rep as well. I emailed them twice as the first rep did nothing and I was able to tell had a bad attitude. The second rep i emailed did it for me with pleasure

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #824 on: June 29, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »
"Ride to and from City Hall tomorrow between 10:30am 2:30pm and your uberPOOL ride is free"
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner