Topic Wiki

Partial DEAD... ;)

Author Topic: HOT! Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Digital Camera (Black) $159 2-days Shipped!  (Read 6467 times)

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Includes a free pouch $14 value!
Link

Currently $248 at Amazon
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:19:27 PM by jj1000 »

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Re: HOT! Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Digital Camera (Black) $159 2-days Shipped!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
Any reason why this awesome deal is not posted on the main site?
I think it's a little bit of a better deal than all these crapy Canon elph deals...

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
Any reason why this awesome deal is not posted on the main site?
I think it's a little bit of a better deal than all these crapy Canon elph deals...
Probably because Dan can't work out a commission with this link?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »
Probably because Dan can't work out a commission with this link?
Or because you're a jerk
Don't get me wrong I don't believe in kissing up to Dan and have called him out before on his posting affiliate links when other sites were cheaper. But you're plain old obnoxious
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
Or because you're a jerk
Don't get me wrong I don't believe in kissing up to Dan and have called him out before on his posting affiliate links when other sites were cheaper. But you're plain old obnoxious
???

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
And the real reason is: people would rather buy an elph for $100 than a Panasonic which may be a better camera. people buying at this level don't really care
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
And the real reason is: people would rather buy an elph for $100 than a Panasonic which may be a better camera. people buying at this level don't really care
Stop sticking up for him because he doesn't only post low end items and if he made a commission off this link it would've been posted hours ago.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 08:22:16 PM »
Stop sticking up for him because he doesn't only post low end items and if he made a commission off this link it would've been posted hours ago.

You are being obnoxious.

See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
You are being obnoxious.
I'm not at all. I'm getting fed up with the fact that the only things posted are items which either bring traffic or he gets commission from.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
that the only things posted are items which bring traffic
isnt that the point?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »
I'm not at all. I'm getting fed up with the fact that the only things posted are items which either bring traffic or he gets commission from.

Your upset he runs a business? No one forces anyone to be here.

1. This camera has 3.9 stars as oppose to Elph's that has 4.3 and 2. are $100 cheaper. Plus 3. the camera posted here was $178 on Amazon a week ago 4. Dan was OOT today. 5. I just saw this thread and changed the affiliate link which he does get commission on. 6. Items that drive traffic are items that are popular, again I'm sorry they aren't what you want right now. 7. Why do you think Dan even saw this thread?

Constructive criticism is one thing, but that is a far cry from how you are talking. I always find it amusing how people always know exactly what goes into something and how they know the whole system. This seems like one of those times.
isnt that the point?
+1
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:42:58 PM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »
This is my first time opening this thread (been on the road the past 2 days, slept 3 hours last night to create content to keep my business running seamlessly).

Seriously though, grow up, they actually do pay a commission.  There's even a link embedded in your OP. Shocking right, that I dare try to make money for a living.
Do you also stalk stores for daring to make a living?

People love cheap Elph deals, therefore I post them. 
After doing this for 9 years I know exactly what sells and what doesn't.  And I have the analytics to tell me exactly what people are clicking on and what they're not.

If you're fed up or don't like the job I do then unsubscribe and leave.  I force nobody to keep reading.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »
Super Speed, even lets say Dan is just posting deals that gives him a commission its non sense to bash him for that. This is his business and he is entitled to do whatever he wants. Lets all be happy that we can enjoy ourselves here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:11:13 PM by ilherman »
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Super Speed, even lets say Dan is just posting deals that gives him a commission its non sense to bash him for that. This is his business and hi is in title to do whatever he wants. Lets all be happy that we can enjoy are self's here.

+100
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
Dan, it's your business and you are 100% correct that you can do whatever you'd like, and if someone doesn't like it, let them find somewhere else.

Yet, recently I've been hearing a growing choir of voices saying that although they enjoy the original content and hot deals, they feel that there is a heck of a lot more non-deals than usual getting plastered all over the site. Yes, I am one of those voices.

It was getting so annoying for me, I created for myself a twitter feed that filters out the dd posts that don't usually pique my interest.

I know you have the analytics on your side, but then again, I'm sure MMS, FTG, and other friendly bloggers do too. I suggest that running this business should be less about posting links that pay off short term, and more about reciprocating the long term loyalty that your readers and ddfers provide.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
Dan, it's your business and you are 100% correct that you can do whatever you'd like, and if someone doesn't like it, let them find somewhere else.

Yet, recently I've been hearing a growing choir of voices saying that although they enjoy the original content and hot deals, they feel that there is a heck of a lot more non-deals than usual getting plastered all over the site. Yes, I am one of those voices.

It was getting so annoying for me, I created for myself a twitter feed that filters out the dd posts that don't usually pique my interest.

I know you have the analytics on your side, but then again, I'm sure MMS, FTG, and other friendly bloggers do too. I suggest that running this business should be less about posting links that pay off short term, and more about reciprocating the long term loyalty that your readers and ddfers provide.
+100

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
That's the nature of the hybrid blog that I created.
I enjoy the mileage game. I enjoy product deals.
I've blogged about both for 9 years.  I don't know of other blogs that juggle both but I'm passionate about both so that's what I do.
Obviously during November/December there are more product deals as companies need to notch as many sales as possible when people have their wallets open.

Some people enjoy just the miles, others just the product deals, and hopefully some enjoy both.  On DDF those worlds are kept separate and people can talk about whatever they like in a defined board.  On DD I don't have that luxury.  I try to keep everyone happy, that's no easy feat.

I'm happy you found a solution to work for you.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »

Whats so hard to stop following DD?

I just don't get it, this is a Private owned business and the CEO can do whatever he thinks is good for his business. You can give him your advice via PM.......
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
You can give him your advice via PM.......
Advice is fine in public if it's constructive/respectful as Yuneeq's post was.

Offline ddfornot

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »

What are you talking about :)

Those Ventee Privee, Resturant.com, magazines etc. are Sick Deals, I haven't seen them anywhere else but here on Dans deals ;)
Dan keep em coming  :D

And yes fyi for all of you ...Dan did mention the Alaska deal on the very bottom of his post