Author Topic: United Mileage  (Read 1432 times)

Offline goodenglewood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum, *W Platinum, AA Gold, Hertz Platinum, National Executive
United Mileage
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
I was wondering what i could do with my United mileage. whenever i need to go somewhere they never have reward availability. Is there any way to book with another star alliance member, that has better award redemption, like CO or ANA, using my united mileage?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: United Mileage
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
Is there any way to book with another star alliance member, that has better award redemption, like CO or ANA, using my united mileage?
Or course (assuming that the flights you want are not under United's evil Starnet blocking.)
Use ANA or Continental.com to view availability and then call United to book.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline goodenglewood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum, *W Platinum, AA Gold, Hertz Platinum, National Executive
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
Is there any way to find out before i call if the tickets are blocked?

Offline goodenglewood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:38:18 PM »
also, i got presidential plus card now. i currently also have a united card from chase, which has an $80000 limit, but the CO card only has a $50000 limit. should i try to get chase to up the credit on the PP card, even though that means losing on my united? im under the assumption that its better to have CO mileage, rather than United, just for the simple reason that CO doesnt have Starnet!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »
Is there any way to find out before i call if the tickets are blocked?
No.

also, i got presidential plus card now. i currently also have a united card from chase, which has an $80000 limit, but the CO card only has a $50000 limit. should i try to get chase to up the credit on the PP card, even though that means losing on my united? im under the assumption that its better to have CO mileage, rather than United, just for the simple reason that CO doesnt have Starnet!
Yes, currently CO miles are more valuable than UA miles.  But CO miles will become UA miles within the next year. 
Nobody knows if the new UA will keep UA's or CO's mileage policies.
But you do also get 1,000 FEQM's with the CO PP card for every 5K spending which is nice.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kc1544

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »
i was sitting on about 60-70k united miles for a while and wasnt able to use them. This past summer i went to the west coast and paid for my hotel and car rental with them. it may have not been the max value for the dollar but for me it was definitly worth it....
Their system is pretty easy to use and you can add some money if you are short of miles. And also, i compared prices of hotels bewtween United and AA miles and the united was way cheaper.