Author Topic: Fraud dept. more active since Target CC breach?  (Read 999 times)

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Fraud dept. more active since Target CC breach?
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »
I was yesterday in CVS on my Bi-Weekly CC spending round (VR 2x5k each month...), and i received "2" phone calls from BOFA (for 2 cards) for spending out of my residence state.
I never had such a thing getting more than one phone call, did anyone also have similar experience?

Offline PBaruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Fraud dept. more active since Target CC breach?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
I was in NJ (out of state for me) yesterday and bought 4k of VR without a hitch. 
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline JakeNY

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
I  wonder if someone can help me with this. I made a  booking  by on of the  big  web sights for a  hotel to stay for one night when I will be in transit in Europe. The price quoted was  82 dollars. I finished the booking and I receive an email confirmation for  3  nights  for  285 dollars  for the wrong date and for three days. I call them up within 5 minuits of the booking.  I am told I will receive the refund minus one night. about 90 dollars and change.

I have 3 complaints.

1. I never booked these dates. i do not know where they got these dates from.

2. I never booked for 3 days. I clearly put in a different  date and a checkout date for day after.

3. It said clearly that  I can pay either now or when I check in. Either way I can cancel the reservation until I check in.

I have been on and off the phone with them now  maybe  5 times, each time  for   15 minuets plus. "Hotel policy, hotel policy"

What can I do?

Thank you

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
I  wonder if someone can help me with this. I made a  booking  by on of the  big  web sights for a  hotel to stay for one night when I will be in transit in Europe. The price quoted was  82 dollars. I finished the booking and I receive an email confirmation for  3  nights  for  285 dollars  for the wrong date and for three days. I call them up within 5 minuits of the booking.  I am told I will receive the refund minus one night. about 90 dollars and change.

I have 3 complaints.

1. I never booked these dates. i do not know where they got these dates from.

2. I never booked for 3 days. I clearly put in a different  date and a checkout date for day after.

3. It said clearly that  I can pay either now or when I check in. Either way I can cancel the reservation until I check in.

I have been on and off the phone with them now  maybe  5 times, each time  for   15 minuets plus. "Hotel policy, hotel policy"

What can I do?

Thank you
Try posting in the correct thread for starters.