Topic Wiki

HELP! I just flew with swiss (star alliance member) and I want to redeem my miles. The problem is that by the time I flew I didn't have any existing mileage account on any of the Star Alliance group. Now when I"m trying to redeem by United I can't because I didn't have an existing United account the time I flew. Any Ideas what mileage program I can open an account now and have my miles redeemed? (Ohh btw I flew with my 3 children, I'm not sure which mileage program I can redeem all of this miles into 1 account)
« Last edited by Mendel93 on October 21, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »

Author Topic: Question about star alliance  (Read 926 times)

Offline mrg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Question about star alliance
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »
I'm new to star alliance I have a Q I want to book a flight to a destination where star alliance travels. What do I do ? I just transfer spg or amex point directly to that airline and book it ? Or I transfer to star alliance ? (Soory but I'm clueless) thanks a lot

Offline yoshi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Question about star alliance
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:49:43 AM »
My bro in law flies over 5x a year from Mel to JFK. He is a 1k member on united. With the new mileage system coming out he wants to move to a different airline. He's looking for an alliance which would give him a lot of baggage allowance and system upgrades. What would be his best bet?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:57:00 AM »
I'm new to star alliance I have a Q I want to book a flight to a destination where star alliance travels. What do I do ? I just transfer spg or amex point directly to that airline and book it ? Or I transfer to star alliance ? (Soory but I'm clueless) thanks a lot
A place to start:  http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=2288.0
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yoshi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
My bro in law flies over 5x a year from Mel to JFK. He is a 1k member on united. With the new mileage system coming out he wants to move to a different airline. He's looking for an alliance which would give him a lot of baggage allowance and system upgrades. What would be his best bet?
bump

Offline travel agent

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
maybe AC