Author Topic: Dan! How long have you been playing the miles game?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Dan! How long have you been playing the miles game?
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »
Hey Dan,

How long have you been playing the mileage game?  I'm curious how long it took you to get those millions of miles.  How many cards have you opened in the past year?  How many cards did you open in your busiest year?

I just started the mileage game a little over a month ago after using your site for non-travel and non-CC deals for the past year or two.  I was finally convinced after much online research that opening and closing several accounts a year won't kill my credit score.  I haven't had any miles post yet but it took like 4 weeks to get my sapphire card and I haven't hit the threshold yet.  My CO miles for the Chase checking should post soon.

I got rejected for my first credit card from your site :)  (the Citi AA card! - go figure, it made no sense to me, was never rejected before for a card).  I now have Chase Sapphire and Chase Checking with CO debit card, and am debating getting either AMEX Starwood or the Chase Continental MC.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dan! How long have you been playing the miles game?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
hmm in my excitement I must have forgotten I was browsing the CC board.  I guess this post could go either here or on the miles board.  its relevant to both but I think moreso here.