Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 357748 times)

Offline momo613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #1360 on: January 17, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
I live in LA. We're swamped with strangers last week and this week. Kinda funny. It reminds me of a few years ago when the skverer rebbe visited with an entourage of 150+ chassidim.

Offline DoGo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 17, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
I live in LA. We're swamped with strangers last week and this week. Kinda funny. It reminds me of a few years ago when the skverer rebbe visited with an entourage of 150+ chassidim.
I got the same feeling from you guys when we visited last year - STRANGERS - hey I thought "out of town" is nicer then that...

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 17, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »

My Delta flight last night was 3/4 frum in business :)
From my perspective, it was kind of annoying with the number of babies in business, but you can't complain at $60.

Offline Andrewl987

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »
I have a great itinerary for BOS-SLC-HNL next month, but the return is multi stop red eye, HNL-SEA-MSP-BOS with 2 tight connections... any chance I could switch to the HNL-ATL-BOS? Online it shows a $3,300 price difference :D. It would be worth a $150 fee to me if I could confirm it, as first on the HNL-ATL would be on the A330 instead of 757

Offline shmu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lulav and Etrog
« Reply #1364 on: January 19, 2014, 09:32:33 AM »
I have a great itinerary for BOS-SLC-HNL next month, but the return is multi stop red eye, HNL-SEA-MSP-BOS with 2 tight connections... any chance I could switch to the HNL-ATL-BOS? Online it shows a $3,300 price difference :D. It would be worth a $150 fee to me if I could confirm it, as first on the HNL-ATL would be on the A330 instead of 757
some ppl were able to get confirmed standby for $50 within 24hr before the flight read previous posts on the thread.
when is your flight? I'd like to hear what you did since I have the same situation.

Offline Zevwolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:02 AM »
I reserved a car at LAX two weeks ago, now I wanted to see if I could get a better deal I see that the price went up much more, do you think it's because of the glitch?

Offline greatdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 19, 2014, 10:20:28 AM »
do you need to bring id for the kids?
I am traveling with kids aged 1.5 till 14
do the airlines need any id?
thanks

Offline Andrewl987

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 19, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
some ppl were able to get confirmed standby for $50 within 24hr before the flight read previous posts on the thread.
when is your flight? I'd like to hear what you did since I have the same situation.

I am going feb 16-23. I will try confirmed standby on the return (feb 23), and will post what happens. Would be thrilled for $50 to save 5 hours of my life and get a chance to sit in the A330 1st class! I called Delta and the CSR did not know about the glitch and was amazed at the deal I got, and congratulated me haha. She spoke with her supervisor and they could not change me without paying fare difference. The red eye HNL-SEA-MSP-BOS trek will be less terrible in 1st class so I can't complain too much.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 19, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »
I am going feb 16-23. I will try confirmed standby on the return (feb 23), and will post what happens. Would be thrilled for $50 to save 5 hours of my life and get a chance to sit in the A330 1st class! I called Delta and the CSR did not know about the glitch and was amazed at the deal I got, and congratulated me haha. She spoke with her supervisor and they could not change me without paying fare difference. The red eye HNL-SEA-MSP-BOS trek will be less terrible in 1st class so I can't complain too much.

im also be in oahu then, btw u can get the holiday inn wakiki beachcomber deluxe room for free, there is a brg, if ur going with one other person then u can each get it for free for one night, right by the beach, and it normally goes for $295 including tax, cheaper rate is at getaroom.com so u just have to fill out a brg form  :)
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »
From my perspective, it was kind of annoying with the number of babies in business, but you can't complain at $60.

Just  remember you were a baby once too!!

Offline MLM

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #1370 on: January 19, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »
I got the same feeling from you guys when we visited last year - STRANGERS - hey I thought "out of town" is nicer then that...

It's not the STRANGERS, it's the that the phone is off the hook with people that want to stay by us for a week with 3 kids...they also asked if the room comes with food...

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1371 on: January 19, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
I personally think that babies can be brought into Business class. Just because its not usually done, thats because people don't spend that kind of money on a baby but the idea makes total sense if a guy can afford it there's no reason he shouldn't be able to.

Offline colorfly

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 19, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
I booked the ticket a while ago with priceline but didnt receive confirmation via email. I looked up my itinerary number through priceline but they claim that I have no requests in my history. Any suggestions to still get the ticket honored?

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #1373 on: January 19, 2014, 02:41:52 PM »
I booked the ticket a while ago with priceline but didnt receive confirmation via email. I looked up my itinerary number through priceline but they claim that I have no requests in my history. Any suggestions to still get the ticket honored?
Yes, Call Priceline, have them email you the contract, Call Delra with the contract number. Good Luck!

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #1374 on: January 20, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »
Reports are that today's flight jfk-lax was jam packed with Jews. Today was the sample days that Dan posted, so lots of people took it as if it's the only dates.
Can't even count how many people I heard saying that they didn't book because they weren't able to go 1/19 - 1/26!!

Offline fradl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
Dan, I was on the 9 am flight on Sunday, jfk to lax. You could have held a seminar on the flight! It was 3/4 frum, all Dans Dealers. You would have had a lot of nachas. I felt like I should have carried a banner saying 'Thank you Dans Deals'. But your influence goes even further... Tierra Sur is booked solid. And a lot of the restaurants should give you commission for all the business that you brought in. I want to once again be 'makir tov' to you dan. THANK YOU, DANS DEALS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 20, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
Dan, I was on the 9 am flight on Sunday, jfk to lax. You could have held a seminar on the flight! It was 3/4 frum, all Dans Dealers. You would have had a lot of nachas. I felt like I should have carried a banner saying 'Thank you Dans Deals'. But your influence goes even further... Tierra Sur is booked solid. And a lot of the restaurants should give you commission for all the business that you brought in. I want to once again be 'makir tov' to you dan. THANK YOU, DANS DEALS!!!!!!!!!
or a hat
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 20, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
I'm staying now at the St Regis in kauai and the hotel butler asked me what's going on we have a couple of Jews now in house they all brought along their food to freeze, did you all make up to come together.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 20, 2014, 10:52:32 AM »
With snow expected in NY tomorrow what are deltas rules regarding the weather? If I'm leaving from jfk tomorrow afternoon any chance they would be willing to put me on an earlier flight?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 20, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
With snow expected in NY tomorrow what are deltas rules regarding the weather? If I'm leaving from jfk tomorrow afternoon any chance they would be willing to put me on an earlier flight?
I flew LAX-JFK yesterday and my 11:30pm flight got delayed a half hour. Delta called to notify me, while on the phone with them I checked and saw empty seats on the 9:30 flight and had the agent switch me for free.
I understand that this is being proactive for possible bad weather so obviously different then my experience, but you should definitely try a few HUCA's and see where you get.