Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 357949 times)

Offline arid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #2060 on: June 22, 2014, 11:30:01 PM »
It worked for me. They changed my departure time by 90min. I was able to change my departure from lga to JFK.

a friend of mine told me that they only make fee-free changes for you if there is a change of 60+ minutes or if you are very convincing that their change is causing a big inconvenience. In my case, the departure times are a drop later and arrival times about 30 minutes sooner.

can anyone confirm the 60 minute rule?

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #2061 on: June 22, 2014, 11:49:34 PM »
a friend of mine told me that they only make fee-free changes for you if there is a change of 60+ minutes or if you are very convincing that their change is causing a big inconvenience. In my case, the departure times are a drop later and arrival times about 30 minutes sooner.

can anyone confirm the 60 minute rule?

The official rule is 90 minutes. The key is to give an excuse why the new change doesn't work for you and HUCA. I've gotten them to give me an entirely new itinerary for a 15 minute change. It's not too hard too come up with an excuse.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline arid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 23, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
The official rule is 90 minutes. The key is to give an excuse why the new change doesn't work for you and HUCA. I've gotten them to give me an entirely new itinerary for a 15 minute change. It's not too hard too come up with an excuse.

im drawing a blank. any reason why i's be upset that mu flight is taking off  20 minutes later and landing 30 minutes earlier.......

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 23, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »
im drawing a blank. any reason why i's be upset that mu flight is taking off  20 minutes later and landing 30 minutes earlier.......
You're an aviation nut that is looking forward to every minute in the air... ;)

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 23, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »

Even if you do come up with a good reason, you need to find a flight leaving JFK that is similar to the original itinerary otherwise you'll have a difficult time convincing them that you are really upset about the schedule change.   

Online Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2065 on: June 23, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »
every time i see this thread pop up in recent i hope that perhaps there is another glitch! :D
#TYH

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2066 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:29 PM »
every time i see this thread pop up in recent i hope that perhaps there is another glitch! :D
I think if there was another glitch we would have a new dedicated thread! Something like "Delta Strikes Again" :D

Offline lawboy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 27, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
I may be one of the last people to use their Delta price mistake ticket, but I may very well have been the winner. Long story short: I booked five tickets to LA from JFK - for some reason I only got business on the departing trip. Total ticket cost: $210. We flew to LA on business (amazing!). Got free tickets to Disney (on account of a letter I sent the last time we traveled there. They sent us free tickets for our next trip).

On our return trip, Delta overbooked. They asked for volunteers to be bumped and because there were no hotels available in the area, they offered $800 per ticket! We uber'ed back to the place we were staying for $1.78 (promotions/credits), back in the morning for our return trip for free (wife's Uber credits) and on our trip from JFK to our house for $1 (more promotions/credits). Mind you, they offered $400 and business for the return trip if we'd take a much earlier flight but we declined and flew cattle class (that's what it felt like, but was still an amazing trip back. Delta's in-flight entertainment is amazing now) for the $800. $4000 in vouchers.

Do the math - I think we came out a little ahead ;)

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 27, 2014, 12:49:16 PM »
Wow! Great first post! ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2069 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
I may be one of the last people to use their Delta price mistake ticket, but I may very well have been the winner. Long story short: I booked five tickets to LA from JFK - for some reason I only got business on the departing trip. Total ticket cost: $210. We flew to LA on business (amazing!). Got free tickets to Disney (on account of a letter I sent the last time we traveled there. They sent us free tickets for our next trip).

On our return trip, Delta overbooked. They asked for volunteers to be bumped and because there were no hotels available in the area, they offered $800 per ticket! We uber'ed back to the place we were staying for $1.78 (promotions/credits), back in the morning for our return trip for free (wife's Uber credits) and on our trip from JFK to our house for $1 (more promotions/credits). Mind you, they offered $400 and business for the return trip if we'd take a much earlier flight but we declined and flew cattle class (that's what it felt like, but was still an amazing trip back. Delta's in-flight entertainment is amazing now) for the $800. $4000 in vouchers.

You win the internets for today.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:21 PM »

They offered you $800 per ticket on economy class?

Offline lawboy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 27, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
Thanks Dan!

Yes, $800 per ticket.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
If my family has 7 business class tickets from JFK to SAN, is there a chance/ possibility or a way we can volunteer to get bumped and get compensation?

Offline lawboy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 27, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
Volunteering is always an option, only question is whether they'd oblige. If they overbook then maybe but my guess is that they'd be more willing to bump a coach ticket. Unless of course they overbook in business but probably unlikely. Never hurts to ask.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 27, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
what kind of compensation per ticket am I looking at if we get bumped from business class to economy? or from business to business on a later flight?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 27, 2014, 01:13:18 PM »

They offered you $800 per ticket on economy class?
On my flight back from LAX on the same ticket, i had entered $750 per pax for a bump. They only ended up needing one more pax to be bumped (some guy beat me to the counter with an offer for three pax). We declined, but we would have gotten a nice profit on the trip as well.

Still kicking myself for not being the first one to offer.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »
what kind of compensation per ticket am I looking at if we get bumped from business class to economy? or from business to business on a later flight?
Can't say for J, but when i was checking in, there was a screen to select an amount, or enter your own number.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 27, 2014, 01:16:56 PM »
Thanks Dan!

Yes, $800 per ticket.
And I thought I did well by getting 400 per pax... But I also got a nonstop flight instead of a stop in msp, so that should be worth something

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:19 PM »
Can you volunteer to be bumped on j class same way as you would  on economy??

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »
Can you volunteer to be bumped on j class same way as you would  on economy??
You can always volunteer, just may not come to fruition.
Quaerite et Invenietis.