Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 216327 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #2115 on: July 04, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
My first trip to hawaii was o this glitch, it was impulsive after booking ny, la etc.. and so I then started making plans, booked 3 nights hotel in kona was looking to stay in hilo side cheaper, I also was not going to rent a car, so I asked Rabbi Chazanow who I met only once prior, how t get from kona to hilo, when I told him why he said dude just crash by chabad free if you want and I did with another awesome israeli american bakpacker, Avremel and Rivki fed us etc it was amazing. So the whole point to this is, after the drip ive been donating every chance, now they have a matching funds campaign, maybe you want to support chabad the big island work or maybe you have some hakaras hatov? give some $ https://madmimi.com/p/46bef4?fb_action_ids=10154286577775291&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=m

Offline arid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 07, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
 :'( 
i called to try to switch the last leg of my NYC-LAX-HNL-SLC-EWR to SLC-JFK on account of the fact that they changed the flight times. i was supposed to land 4:35pm and now landing 4:02pm. i told them that i already have to wait till 6:30 for my ride home from EWR, so waiting another half hour is a pain.
the rep was super nice and was gonna change but needed clearance from the "help desk" to change the airport. she said that bec the change was not more than the 90 min change window AND bec it was a fare glitch ticket, that they would have to charge me the difference to make a change.
true they dont owe me anything but i didnt think it was nice that reason given was the fact the flight was $92. if you are gonna honor them, then honor them. dont take away any courtesy's you would normally extend (plenty of open seats on that JFK flight btw) bec of the flight price.

on the bright side, even if i pay for a limo from EWR to far rock, i still waaaay ahead of the game. not exactly gonna file a grievance but a little disappointed.

Offline Vosizderneias

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:25 AM »
flight got changed 65 minutes, HUCA'd twice. chatted with the 22 yr old on phone for 20 min about dating, marriage, and kids... got $455 waived and changed the flight to a month and half later- going to LA for rosh hashana.
plus, just updated to more legroom for free. wow! this is fun

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #2118 on: July 20, 2014, 03:04:29 AM »
Wow. It's amazing how great Delta is handling those tickets.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 22, 2014, 08:34:53 AM »
:'( 
i called to try to switch the last leg of my NYC-LAX-HNL-SLC-EWR to SLC-JFK on account of the fact that they changed the flight times. i was supposed to land 4:35pm and now landing 4:02pm. i told them that i already have to wait till 6:30 for my ride home from EWR, so waiting another half hour is a pain.
the rep was super nice and was gonna change but needed clearance from the "help desk" to change the airport. she said that bec the change was not more than the 90 min change window AND bec it was a fare glitch ticket, that they would have to charge me the difference to make a change.
true they dont owe me anything but i didnt think it was nice that reason given was the fact the flight was $92. if you are gonna honor them, then honor them. dont take away any courtesy's you would normally extend (plenty of open seats on that JFK flight btw) bec of the flight price.

on the bright side, even if i pay for a limo from EWR to far rock, i still waaaay ahead of the game. not exactly gonna file a grievance but a little disappointed.

Mazel tov!!! I decided to call the night shift and got an awesome lady to did so much for me. My return was HNL-SLC-EWR. I asked her if she would switch my SLC-EWR to SLC-JFK and she did it!!! what a relief for a 5 towns couple!! Once i saw she was nice, i decided to push my luck, and she agreed to change my itinerary to HNL-LAX-JFK with lie flat seats on the last leg!!!!!! not only did i avoid newark (aka satan's toilet bowl), i fly a TRUE business class home after flying through the night out of HNL!! 
#HUCAsuccessstory

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #2120 on: July 30, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
Gotta love schedule changes :).

HA just pushed off my OGG-HNL flight by 15 minutes. Called Delta and told them that an hour and a half connection time in HNL "makes me nervous" about catching my HNL-SEA-JFK flight. Got them to change it to OGG-LAX-JFK with no fees.

That gives us one less leg + 4 more hours in Maui + biz in the 767 (internationally configured) vs. the 757 :D.

ETA: The entire OGG-HNL-SEA-JFK was booked together during the glitch, with the first leg on HA metal. Oddly enough, the HA schedule change wasn't even showing up in DL's system (I got the alert from FlightTrack).

These changes keep on getting better and better.

Got an email earlier today that my JFK-LAX-HNL (first leg in biz, second in economy) has been changed to JFK-ATL-HNL.

Gave them a call and said how disappointed I am switching from 767 biz to the MD-88 so-called "first", not to mention that I'm 6'-8" and will be cramped into economy (actually economy comfort) for almost 10 hours due to the change. She put me on hold and came back five minutes later saying that she put me in first all the way through, and in A class (1.5x mileage earning) no less  ;D ;D ;D.

Brand new A330 reverse-herringbone lie-flat... Not bad at all for a schedule change, methinks 8).

Offline Yehoshua

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 30, 2014, 11:41:42 PM »

Got an email earlier today that my JFK-LAX-HNL (first leg in biz, second in economy) has been changed to JFK-ATL-HNL.

Gave them a call and said how disappointed I am switching from 767 biz to the MD-88 so-called "first", not to mention that I'm 6'-8" and will be cramped into economy (actually economy comfort) for almost 10 hours due to the change. She put me on hold and came back five minutes later saying that she put me in first all the way through, and in A class (1.5x mileage earning) no less  ;D ;D ;D.

Brand new A330 reverse-herringbone lie-flat... Not bad at all for a schedule change, methinks 8).
Not bad at all! Enjoy!

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2122 on: July 31, 2014, 12:30:51 AM »

Well I guess that calls off our DO...

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #2123 on: July 31, 2014, 12:48:46 AM »
Well I guess that calls off our DO...

There's still this...

Come for an early morning DO in the lounge :)

I take off at 6:25 now.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2124 on: July 31, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »

There's still this...

I take off at 6:25 now.
So maybe we'll bump into each other for a moment.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 31, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
I had JFK-MSP-SFO-HNL and HNL-LAX-MSP-JFK. The outbound had changes that added more than 90 minutes to total flight time, and they let me change it to JFK-LAX-HNL. Side bonus is that originally only JFK-MSP was in M (economy comfort), and now it's JFK-LAX in M. Small comfort for someone who made the mistake of not booking this glitch in business or first. The changes to the return actually shortened the total trip time and they wouldn't let me change it, but the logistics work out that I end up with similar timing anyway.

I couldn't get any traction at all trying to get it changed to go all the way to OGG. So now I'm arriving in HNL at 2:05 and still need to get to OGG. What's the earliest time I can feel comfortable booking HNL-OGG if my bags are checked all the way through? And how about if I want to go see Pearl Harbor before continuing to OGG?

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #2126 on: July 31, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
I couldn't get any traction at all trying to get it changed to go all the way to OGG. So now I'm arriving in HNL at 2:05 and still need to get to OGG. What's the earliest time I can feel comfortable booking HNL-OGG if my bags are checked all the way through? And how about if I want to go see Pearl Harbor before continuing to OGG?

This has been discussed multiple times in the general Hawaii thread.

Offline dvol

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
I had JFK-MSP-SFO-HNL and HNL-LAX-MSP-JFK. The outbound had changes that added more than 90 minutes to total flight time, and they let me change it to JFK-LAX-HNL. Side bonus is that originally only JFK-MSP was in M (economy comfort), and now it's JFK-LAX in M. Small comfort for someone who made the mistake of not booking this glitch in business or first. The changes to the return actually shortened the total trip time and they wouldn't let me change it, but the logistics work out that I end up with similar timing anyway.

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/help/Pages/Interline-Baggage-Statement.aspx

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
Sorry about that, I'm going to continue on the Hawaii thread. Thanks.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »

Good for you. But 6'-8" ? Isn't that pushing it up just a little bit ?