Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 354401 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #440 on: December 27, 2013, 09:58:38 AM »

Offline Elibely

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 27, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »
Booked for myself, husband and 2 year old to LA for Memorial day weekend. Now reconsidering taking the baby so as to not drag her across the country for such a short weekend. Anyone know of a way to cancel one of the 3 tickets or should I just leave the ticket and just not take her?
Go to Delta's website find your reservation and click cancel, you'll have the option to choose which tickets you want to cancel. I just did it and it worked.

Offline alpicone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 27, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »
Go to Delta's website find your reservation and click cancel, you'll have the option to choose which tickets you want to cancel. I just did it and it worked.

I had to cancel I itinerary that I booked and through Priceline I had to click on which tickets I needed to cancel. Seemed like you might be able to cancel individual tickets. I did all though so I can't confirm

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 27, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
i booked tickets for pesach and inputed 2 adults 6 kids and then didnt even realize i chose first class seats. It was in the first 5 minutes of dan posting and the tickets i booked after were sucessful but those dickets didnt go thru cuz o kids in first? does anyone have any advice for me who to call or how i can get these confirmed? tia

anyone?

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
I've tested changing the date online on my C ticket and it's hit or miss whether they reissue the ticket. I have been able to change the return flight for free to many open dates but have no had success trying to change the originating flight. I think on intl flights (e.g., not this deal) it would be easier bc it wouldn't require reissuing a ticket.
So i understand that you CAN change the return date for free, am i right?
If so can you please detail how to do it?

ETA: it's charging me $200 for each passenger
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:27:52 AM by SearchGuy »

Offline LA2NYC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 27, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
mi ki-amcha yisroel

+ 100

See comment 551 on DD Main Page:
"A fellow Muslim Says:

December 26th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I love this site. You jews always find the best deals and I heard about this site from a fellow jew friend. Ive been telling all my buddies about this site.. The best!!! Keeep up the good work.

Amir "

Should we be slightly offended or proud? Lol

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 27, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
I had to cancel I itinerary that I booked and through Priceline I had to click on which tickets I needed to cancel. Seemed like you might be able to cancel individual tickets. I did all though so I can't confirm
You definitely can cancel individual tickets without losing the whole itinerary. I didn't realize it allows you to select specific tickets online, so I did it over the phone, but if it provides you with that option (as alpicone said it did) you'll be fine doing it online.

I got so nervous that in what I thought was great foresight (booking for the kids on the tiny chance we'd want to go with them) was going to make me lose the whole itinerary. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. On the other hand, in retrospect I could have done a much better job choosing the dates and the cabin class. I searched through skiplagged.com which had me book through Delta and there was no way to change cabin class. Might have been been better off that way though because having booked through Delta themselves there was no way I was getting canceled or anything like that.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 27, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
Sorry have to bump this through the narishkeit, thanks.
First Checked Bag Free
Benefit is limited to Basic Card Members (not Additional Card Members) with the Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Cards. Reservation must include the Basic Card Member’s SkyMiles number. Fee waiver also available for passengers traveling in the same reservation as the Basic Card Member. Maximum nine waivers per reservation. New Card Members and Card Members upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after receiving their Card from American Express. The first checked bag fee waiver will only be applied on flight segments which originate on a Delta or Delta Connection® carrier when you check-in with Delta for both a Delta marketed and Delta operated flight. Waiver is only for normal bag fee, if any, for the first checked bag that is not overweight and not oversize under Delta’s applicable rules as set forth in Delta’s contract of carriage. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. See delta.com/firstbagfree for details.
Had to DIY  ::)

Offline avremie

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
my sis bought from priceline she got some number but then they canceled

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 27, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
my sis bought from priceline she got some number but then they canceled
Someone up thread was successful in getting Delta to rebook them after putting up a fight...

Offline LA2NYC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:53 AM »
Someone up thread was successful in getting Delta to rebook them after putting up a fight...

Delta was rebooking Orbitz I know.  You have data point about them rebooking Priceline 15 minute itinerary thing?

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »
If I have 7 business tickets confirmed JfK to San Diego, is there away for me to move to economy and get paid the the difference between economy seat and business seat? would Delta entertain something like this ? anybody have any experience with something like this or any advice how to do this?

You can always go to coach and auction off your seats. Maybe someone on the plane will be willing to pay you to trade...

/sarc

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
Delta was rebooking Orbitz I know.  You have data point about them rebooking Priceline 15 minute itinerary thing?

I don't believe Delta "rebooked" anyone who was cancelled by Orbitz, unless you had ticket numbers already. Then again Orbitz would not have cancelled after they issued ticket numbers.
I've taken this up exhaustively with multiple people at Delta and they've all told me they would never ticket Ortbitz's itinerary, unless you can show them a cancelled ticket number.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 27, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
You can always go to coach and auction off your seats. Maybe someone on the plane will be willing to pay you to trade...

/sarc
My wife once flew with her grandmother, my wife was in economy and her grandmother in first, they changed seats mid flight until a flight attendant realized it and they forced to change back,
Might depend which airline or flight idk..

Offline kangarruu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
You definitely can cancel individual tickets without losing the whole itinerary. I didn't realize it allows you to select specific tickets online, so I did it over the phone, but if it provides you with that option (as alpicone said it did) you'll be fine doing it online.

Thanks everyone. Will do.

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »

I believe that success was different, because they actually got a confirm email and that they canceled.
I actually got economy tickets then I tried to book additional tickets when I realized that it worked on first, and it rejected it because it said I already had the same itinerary on coach. So I rebooked switching first and last names and then I got the standard  Price Line number but then it got blocked.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Air France is best to credit? Even if you don't have any?
You can always transfer MR to KLM/AF. Of course AF is not always the best where to credit, it all depends what your planes are. So if someone ddoes not have any specific planes, KLM would be a good choice. But please don't credit them to Delta.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »
I don't believe Delta "rebooked" anyone who was cancelled by Orbitz, unless you had ticket numbers already. Then again Orbitz would not have cancelled after they issued ticket numbers.
I've taken this up exhaustively with multiple people at Delta and they've all told me they would never ticket Ortbitz's itinerary, unless you can show them a cancelled ticket number.

I did it and i DID NOT have a ticketed ticket

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
So i understand that you CAN change the return date for free, am i right?
If so can you please detail how to do it?

ETA: it's charging me $200 for each passenger

Were your tickets booked in C? If they were (or are fully flexible fares), play around with some dates. Delta's systems may still be messed up (and for all we know, there may be some residual cheap fares out there), but I was able to quote several date changes for around 5 cents.

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »

+ 100

See comment 551 on DD Main Page:
"A fellow Muslim Says:

December 26th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I love this site. You jews always find the best deals and I heard about this site from a fellow jew friend. Ive been telling all my buddies about this site.. The best!!! Keeep up the good work.

Amir "

Should we be slightly offended or proud? Lol
This comment is for sure a prank.
Work is what you do between vacations.