Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 354225 times)

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »
Of course. Just sign up, search for your itinerary, then add your brand new FF# to your ticket.
Thanks  :D
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:09 PM »
Still trying to figure out which to use, but I know not to place miles in skymiles. It's one of the worst currencies.

Let us know what you decide  ;)
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline TAVI

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
i got a jfk - lax in biz (class C). initially i credited to delta when making the booking, but then i switched it toflying blue at the airport. i'm FB gold, so might make more sense for me...

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
Let us know what you decide  ;)

I'm not that experienced with redeeming miles yet (still having fun collecting :) ) but people seem to say air france or KLM. maybe one of the more seasoned travelers can clarify.

Offline jfkeze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »
Alaska is a nice place to park these miles. I bought 4, NYC-West Coast in First and Business so will end up with over 25,000 Alaska miles and MVP status... 8)

Offline LA2NYC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 27, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
1) I would like to go to LAX and HNL down the line.  Would love to do LAX as a stopover when going to HNL.  What's the best airline to credit the Delta miles to? 

Alaskan? 

2)
Alaska is a nice place to park these miles. I bought 4, NYC-West Coast in First and Business so will end up with over 25,000 Alaska miles and MVP status... 8)

What status would you get?  Bought 4 NYC-LAX tix, only 1 of the legs in Biz.

3) I flew a few flights in the last 2 months in Delta and credited to Delta.  Can I get those miles credited now into Alaskan?

4) I would like to get the free baggage with the Delta CC.  Looks like you need to have your Delta Skymiles # on the reservation to get your first bag free.  Would this preclue me from crediting the miles to another airline.

Thanks in advance for any help!  Have a great shabbos!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:58:54 PM by LA2NYC »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #486 on: December 27, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »
Did you book any tickets for yourself Dan?
I'm like the shoemaker's kids.
Was far too busy trying to come up with solutions to keep DD up under server crushing levels traffic.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shnozolla

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 27, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
Thanks Dan for the great deal.

I booked 3 tickets in business class JFK - LAX.
One of those tickets is for my 2 year old.
I saw someone mentioned children cannot sit in business?
From the Delta website, it seems the 2yo was given a seat.

Also, should I call Delta and add an infant (under 2), or just show up at the airport?
I seem to remember priceline asking if will bring an infant, but there is no mention of it on my ticket on Delta.com

By the way, I have not received any emails from priceline, even the reset your password so I can login and see how they dealt with this booking. (it's not in my spam either)

Offline mosh.now

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 27, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
I was booked in economy class V and U, and they let me change the date and times no charge.
what number did you call? im trying to change a business class ticket from lax-lga to a direct flight and they wanted to charge me over $3000!   

Offline fradl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 27, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
I got 'booking error' for my priceline ticket. I filed a complaint about it with the dept of transportation last night. They just replied that one of their considerations is how many complaints they get. So I advise anyone who got canceled to file a complaint. Just google 'how do I file a complaint against an airline' and it is quite intuitive. Of course, they did ask if i got ticketed and if i was charged. The answer of course, is no to both, which lessens our chances. But, there is power in numbers. So for all those who got in under the wire, time wise, which is my argument, if you file a complaint, we may have a chance.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #490 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »
Was far too busy trying to come up with solutions to keep DD up under server crushing levels traffic.

I'm sure you made more money than we saved.  :) :)
God bless you.

Offline marko

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 27, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
what number did you call? im trying to change a business class ticket from lax-lga to a direct flight and they wanted to charge me over $3000!

I called 800-221-1212. they transferred me to ticket issuing department who changed it for me for free. I have spoken to others who have not been successful. Apparently, it is hit or miss..

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 27, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
I got 'booking error' for my priceline ticket. I filed a complaint about it with the dept of transportation last night. They just replied that one of their considerations is how many complaints they get. So I advise anyone who got canceled to file a complaint. Just google 'how do I file a complaint against an airline' and it is quite intuitive. Of course, they did ask if i got ticketed and if i was charged. The answer of course, is no to both, which lessens our chances. But, there is power in numbers. So for all those who got in under the wire, time wise, which is my argument, if you file a complaint, we may have a chance.
If you'd add a link you might get ppl to do it.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »

I can't imagine even numbers will help you if you weren't ticketed or charged. What's your case why they should honor your reservation? You "got in under the wire, time wise?"

Hate to be harsh, but IMO complaints like this to the DOT are what might reduce the consumer protection regulations on airline tickets in the future and end the "game" for everyone. With full disclosure, I got 4 tickets out of this deal, and I'm the first to jump on a bargain, but I think you're going overboard telling people who got  booking errors (and were not ticketed) to file official complaints with the DOT.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »
I'm sure you made more money than we saved.  :) :)
God bless you.
Lol, 4 tickets to Kauai in first for $50 would have been nice.
But it would have been at the expense of getting the site back up.

Anyway the real thanks should go to BAHayman for working on a temp fix and hopefully a long-term fix.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Lol, 4 tickets to Kauai in first for $50 would have been nice.
But it would have been at the expense of getting the site back up.

Anyway the real thanks should go to BAHayman for working on a temp fix and hopefully a long-term fix.

Doesn't it work with paying for more server power?

Offline M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 27, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »

AWESOME! And we love you for that  :D

Offline jfkeze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 27, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
1) I would like to go to LAX and HNL down the line.  Would love to do LAX as a stopover when going to HNL.  What's the best airline to credit the Delta miles to? 

Alaskan? 

2)
What status would you get?  Bought 4 NYC-LAX tix, only 1 of the legs in Biz.

3) I flew a few flights in the last 2 months in Delta and credited to Delta.  Can I get those miles credited now into Alaskan?

4) I would like to get the free baggage with the Delta CC.  Looks like you need to have your Delta Skymiles # on the reservation to get your first bag free.  Would this preclue me from crediting the miles to another airline.

Thanks in advance for any help!  Have a great shabbos!

Alaksa Airlines
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/benefits/elite-levels-and-benefits.aspx

If you go to wwww.milecalc.com and type in your routings it should give you an idea of how many miles you got. If you have a flight in Business, add 25% bonus.
If you already credited a flight, you canīt usually recredit it.

Rough calculation, you should get some 18-20,000 miles on 4 RT to the westcoast depending on what city you transit in DTW, CVG, ATL, etc.  ;D

With Delta now you need to spend 2500 to get the lowest status besides flying 25,000 (unless you spend $25,000 on their credit cards), so it might make more sense to credit to Alaska. Also if you ever fly American Airlines, you can also credit the flights to Alaska, so itīs a great place to credit "orphan" miles...  ;D

Iīm not Jewish (came to this site from FlyerTalk, same username there) but have a great Shabbos...  :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:14:12 PM by jfkeze »

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
Success Story: I had booked 3 tix from jfk to lax at $45 each roundtrip via Orbitz. I had gotten the confirmation email but not the actual e-tickets. A few hours later, I got an e-mail from Orbitz saying that my tix were going to be cancelled due to lack of availability(?!). I called Orbitz and Delta on Friday but wasn't successful, as the Delta rep told me that they were only honoring the bookings that were actually ticketed. Motzei Shabbos I called Delta at 800-692-6980 and spoke to a rep at length. I explained to her that even though I wasn't ticketed, according to the D.O.T. a confirmation e-mail should be enough, and being that Delta came out with a public statement that they were honoring these tix, I shouldn't be different. She put me on hold for 20 min. and then asked for the confirmation e-mail. I forwarded it to her, and after another 15 min. on hold she came back on and rebooked my tix. 8) ;D ;D ;D :) ;)

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Doesn't it work with paying for more server power?
paying?