Topic Wiki

FOR PRICELINE RESERVATIONS WITH BOOKING FAILURE
Call Priceline 1800-259-2091 dial 3 and then 1 and ask for the contract receipt.
Then fax the contract to Delta with your name, email and phone number to 1801-575-3000
UPDATE: It is no longer necessary to fax in anything to Delta. Just call Delta direct, with the priceline conf number, ask for a supervisor, and they are honoring all tickets! ;D
« Last edited by momo on December 31, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

Poll

Was your ticket confirmed or cancelled

Confirmed
149 (61.1%)
Cancelled
36 (14.8%)
Didnt buy one
55 (22.5%)
Canceled but reinstated
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: {DEAD} Delta Price Mistake  (Read 354412 times)

Offline Elibely

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Price Mistake
« Reply #1220 on: January 13, 2014, 04:38:38 PM »
So does that mean that Delta blocked the glitch bookings from Miles or I will get them?
I just came back from Hawaii. I booked it on the Delta glitch and got my full miles

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
Where they booked by a supervisor?

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #1222 on: January 13, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »
I just came back from Hawaii. I booked it on the Delta glitch and got my full miles

TROIDH ;)
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 13, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
Just got this email from Orbitz. Anyone else get one of these?

Dear xxxxxxxx,

The US Department of Transportation has forwarded your complaint to Orbitz customer relations, wherein you complained about a ticket which was not issued to you for travel on Delta Airlines.  We have reviewed this matter thoroughly and we regret any inconvenience which you may have encountered.

After submitting your reservation to Delta on December 26, 2013 for the Delta flights you selected, Delta advised Orbitz that they filed the fare you selected in error and instructed Orbitz to not issue a ticket for the reservation you selected.  As an agent of Delta, we are required to follow their instructions in matters such as the issuance of tickets.  Subsequently, you were advised that no tickets were issued and your credit/debit card was not charged for the purchase.  We understand your disappointment with this situation, and we are truly sorry that the incident has affected your travel planning experience.

As a gesture of our sincerity, Orbitz would like to offer you a $100 USD future travel voucher on your next prepaid Orbitz.com airline, hotel or vacation package booking.  Our voucher is meant to emphasize our commitment to you, and we remain hopeful you will continue using Orbitz for your travel planning needs.

Here are the instructions for the future travel voucher:   

When you make your next prepaid airline, hotel, or vacation package booking on Orbitz.com, please forward a copy of the Orbitz Travel Document e-mail to us at travelvoucher@Orbitz.com.  Please reference case number xxxxxxxx and this email offering the $100 voucher in your request.  Orbitz will then issue a credit to the card used for the new prepaid booking.  This offer is valid until January 9, 2015.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Orbitz Customer Care Team

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #1224 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »

Dear xxxxxxxx,

The US Department of Transportation has forwarded your complaint to Orbitz customer relations, wherein you complained about a ticket which was not issued to you for travel on Delta Airlines.  We have reviewed this matter thoroughly and we regret any inconvenience which you may have encountered.

After submitting your reservation to Delta on December 26, 2013 for the Delta flights you selected, Delta advised Orbitz that they filed the fare you selected in error and instructed Orbitz to not issue a ticket for the reservation you selected.  As an agent of Delta, we are required to follow their instructions in matters such as the issuance of tickets.  Subsequently, you were advised that no tickets were issued and your credit/debit card was not charged for the purchase.  We understand your disappointment with this situation, and we are truly sorry that the incident has affected your travel planning experience.

As a gesture of our sincerity, Orbitz would like to offer you a $100 USD future travel voucher on your next prepaid Orbitz.com airline, hotel or vacation package booking.  Our voucher is meant to emphasize our commitment to you, and we remain hopeful you will continue using Orbitz for your travel planning needs.

When you make your next prepaid airline, hotel, or vacation package booking on Orbitz.com, please forward a copy of the Orbitz Travel Document e-mail to us at travelvoucher@Orbitz.com.  Please reference case number xxxxxxxx and this email offering the $100 voucher in your request.  Orbitz will then issue a credit to the card used for the new prepaid booking.  This offer is valid until January 9, 2015.

Kind regards,

Email them back telling them not acceptable and play with them. I got $250 voucher once regarding a similar case when they offered $100.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Kind regards,

Looks like this only happened since you complained to the DOT. If you hadn't complained you would have your flight.

Or did you get the flight AND the $100 voucher?

Offline jewdkoff

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »
I was able to change my ticket by one day.

I originally called Delta, I gave the rep my PL contract number. Delta Called me back 4-5 days later with a reservation number, and said I have to ticket it within 48 hours. I asked then if they could change it, they said no. I called a 2nd time with the confirmation number... again no. On the 3rd time they let a change. I only asked for a change by one day, Rep was pretty nice.

Was your ticket already ticketed with delta when you changed it or was it just the PL confirmation when you changed it?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1227 on: January 13, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
For people that booked coach on the glitch to LAX or HNL, what class of service are you in?
Where do you plan on crediting the miles to?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline K

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
so I cancelled one of my reservations to LAX through Priceline.com's automated phone system. I did this only bc I booked two trips for the same date. I cancelled within 24 hours.

Does anyone think there is even a chance that Delta would reinstate and change the dates? or am I asking WAY too much?

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 13, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
For people that booked coach on the glitch to LAX or HNL, what class of service are you in?

Economy. What do you mean by where am I crediting the miles? Are there any other aside from Delta?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1230 on: January 13, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »
Economy. What do you mean by where am I crediting the miles? Are there any other aside from Delta?
:)
There's a letter code next to every flight you book.  Looks like this: (E)
Depending on what it is there are many other options for the miles.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:06 PM »
I have S class on one way and V class on the others (I have another flight as well).What are the transfer options?

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
Only delta gives 150% for class Z,  I only got 125% with flying blue.  Anyone know if they can change it to delta for the way back?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 13, 2014, 10:25:55 PM »
I have S class on one way and V class on the others (I have another flight as well).What are the transfer options?
S for example earns 100% in Alaska, Flying Blue, Korean, etc.
V earn 100% in Alaska, 25% in FB, and zilch in Korean.

Offline ybeeds

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
    • JewishMusicStream.com
« Reply #1234 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »
Class (T), Dunno what my options are..
My office buzzes to the JewishMusicStream!!!

Offline shmu

• View Profile
    • Lulav and Etrog
« Reply #1235 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:55 PM »
I got A for biz what does that get me?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:14:32 PM by shmu »

Offline shmu

• View Profile
    • Lulav and Etrog
« Reply #1236 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
I got a $25 seat for child under 2 years old. When I checked my statement I was only charged $7 for her. :-)

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 13, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »
O, very cool. Thanks!

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 13, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
Looks like this only happened since you complained to the DOT. If you hadn't complained you would have your flight.

Or did you get the flight AND the $100 voucher?

No, I got the my flights re-booked by Delta too

Offline 972sg212

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 14, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »

(C) and (T)