Phone:(201) 836-1700
Not to be missed:

MEAT

ETC Steakhouse
Address: 1409 Palisade Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 357-5677
Not to be missed:
  • Any steak medium rare
  • Menu changes a lot so tough to make a list that doesn't get outdated but everything has been worth ordering

Teaneck Doghouse
Address: 1415 Palisade Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 530-7733
Not to be missed:
  • Bourbon Splash
  • Buffalo Wings
  • Center Ice Brawl Burger (I added a fried egg & guacamole)- Mocha

The Humble Toast
Address: 1383 Queen Anne Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 897-3080
Not to be missed:

SCHnITZEL+
Address: 1450 Queen Anne Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 833-2301
Not to be missed:
  • Buffalo chicken fingers!!
  • Cornbread and Onion Jam Spread
  • Ari's Wings
  • Texas BBQ Brisket Plate

Dougies BBQ
Address: 184 West Englewood Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 833-6000
Not to be missed:
  • Buffalo wings (of course)
  • Pastrami Burger

CHAIKO TAPAS
Address: 515 Cedar Lane, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 530-5665
Not to be missed:

Chickies
Address: 172 West Englewood Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 266-6033
Not to be missed:
  • Popcorn Chicken with Kumbaslow sauce

Sushi Metsuyan
Address: West Englewood Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:
Not to be missed:

Chopstix
Address: 172 W Englewood Ave, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 833-0200

Estihana
Address: 515 Cedar Ln, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Phone:(201) 530-5665
Not to be missed:

Author Topic: Teaneck, NJ  (Read 148332 times)

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
      • View Profile
    Re: Teaneck, NJ
    « Reply #200 on: January 05, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »
    Enjoy... am sure you won’t be disappointed...
    thanks.
    Trying to hey reservations @bistro by the falls in Passaic, online says it's full
    Will call in the morning
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #201 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:56 PM »
    Has anyone been to the humble toast?

Just tried it. Was impressed. House burger was good (not sure if the burger itself was so great, or just the way they constructed it), and fries were good even taken home, room temp.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #202 on: January 06, 2019, 01:21:38 AM »
    Has anyone been to the humble toast?
    Have to say, was very impressed. Everything I had was very solid. Went with like 10 ppl so ended up tasting lots of different things.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #203 on: January 06, 2019, 01:15:03 PM »
    Yeah, good, but not blown away. Expensive.

More excited about new and upcoming "Stickey's Smokehouse..."

This has been upcoming for like 2 years. I'm not aware of them having made any progress actually opening.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
      • View Profile
    • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
    « Reply #204 on: January 06, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »
    This has been upcoming for like 2 years. I'm not aware of them having made any progress actually opening.
    Really? Did they always have a sign in the window down the street from Chickies?
    2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
    « Reply #205 on: January 06, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
    Really? Did they always have a sign in the window down the street from Chickies?
    Sign has been up for at least 6 months, with the concept announced even before that.

Offline rs242

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #206 on: January 25, 2019, 03:22:14 PM »
    Any activity near Teaneck for kids. Looking for a place with arcades, rides, etc... I was looking at the funplex anything similar closer to Teaneck?

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
      • View Profile
    « Reply #207 on: March 13, 2019, 10:01:16 AM »
    Mocha Bleu Review (no pics)

This was our 3rd attempt to try Mocha Bleu as they don't take reservations for parties of 2, and are always fully booked.

What wins here is the most important part of any restaurant - the food was great, particularly the french onion soup and the mint chocolate chip milkshake.

However, there were 4 very big downsides:
    1) The place was freezing. It was February, there was snow on the ground and you could feel the air conditioner. We were not the only ones wearing coats inside.
    2) The cost of several items was higher on the receipt than it was on the menu. Shameful to not update your menu or warn the customer that you haven't updated the prices yet.
    3) Tip was not only mandatory and included on your receipt, but it was 20%! Everyone has their own tipping strategy/mindset, but personally 20% is when a waiter/ess goes above and beyond.
    4) Desserts, which sound super yummy, are all pareve. I don't get it. A dairy restaurant has the unique ability to do amazing things with desserts - starting with the basic of all - desserts taste better when they're dairy!! And guess what? They're not good. Worse than even fleishig restaurants. I couldn't believe it.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
      • View Profile
    • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
    « Reply #208 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »
    Sorry to say it, but I avoid Mocha Bleu for largely the reasons you mention.
    2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline BarryLincoln

• View Profile
    • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
    « Reply #209 on: March 13, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »
    +1

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
    • Programs: I wish all...
    « Reply #210 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »
    unfortunately +4
    Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
    « Reply #211 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »

This was our 3rd attempt to try Mocha Bleu as they don't take reservations for parties of 2, and are always fully booked.

What wins here is the most important part of any restaurant - the food was great, particularly the french onion soup and the mint chocolate chip milkshake.

1) The place was freezing. It was February, there was snow on the ground and you could feel the air conditioner. We were not the only ones wearing coats inside.
    2) The cost of several items was higher on the receipt than it was on the menu. Shameful to not update your menu or warn the customer that you haven't updated the prices yet.
    3) Tip was not only mandatory and included on your receipt, but it was 20%! Everyone has their own tipping strategy/mindset, but personally 20% is when a waiter/ess goes above and beyond.
    4) Desserts, which sound super yummy, are all pareve. I don't get it. A dairy restaurant has the unique ability to do amazing things with desserts - starting with the basic of all - desserts taste better when they're dairy!! And guess what? They're not good. Worse than even fleishig restaurants. I couldn't believe it.
    while their food might be decent their service is like what u get by the TSA ( they don't give a hoot) i've been there many times every time it was a diff issue, ive witness the owner/manger put up a fight with one of the customer saying that the food wasn't good, a diff time the waiter ran after me for 2 blocks because i forgot to add the tip (on purpose!).
    Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
    « Reply #212 on: March 13, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »
    a diff time the waiter ran after me for 2 blocks because i forgot to add the tip (on purpose!).
    I guess that was before it was mandatory.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
    « Reply #213 on: March 13, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
    I guess that was before it was mandatory.
    ye i guess i might even have a pic of it somewhere, it was really funny and the waiter couldn't understand y we were rolling are heads off ;D ;D oh well!

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #214 on: March 13, 2019, 12:02:56 PM »
    I've actually tried to go there twice, and their poor service has prevented it from happening both times - once, I called them and was told last seating was one time (maybe 8:45?) but when I got there at 8:19pm (realt imte based on my cell phone), they told me last seating was 8:20, and according to their clock it was after 8:20.

Too many other options to bother with that.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
      • View Profile
    « Reply #215 on: March 18, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
    I'm going to Nobo for the first time this week.... I know that several of the menu items are peoples favorites here on Dansdeals. 

1.  Is there anything on the menu that is "nothing special"?  I want to make sure to avoid such an item for the first visit.
    2.  Are the lamb riblets significantly better than the other appetizers?  I really enjoy sausage & peppers but if the riblets are really that good...
    3.  Are the steaks anything close to Mike's Bistro?  The prices are not so much less.  Looking at the 20oz rib eye...

Thanks.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
    « Reply #216 on: March 18, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »
    I'm going to Nobo for the first time this week.... I know that several of the menu items are peoples favorites here on Dansdeals. 

1.  Is there anything on the menu that is "nothing special"?  I want to make sure to avoid such an item for the first visit.
    2.  Are the lamb riblets significantly better than the other appetizers?  I really enjoy sausage & peppers but if the riblets are really that good...
    3.  Are the steaks anything close to Mike's Bistro?  The prices are not so much less.  Looking at the 20oz rib eye...

Thanks.
    Lamb Riblets were really good they had some special gnocchi that was Delicious, i will prob get a lot of heat for saying this but i wouldn't call mikes steaks great!

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
      • View Profile
    « Reply #217 on: March 18, 2019, 01:22:19 PM »
    Lamb Riblets were really good they had some special gnocchi that was Delicious, i will prob get a lot of heat for saying this but i wouldn't call mikes steaks great!

TBH I thought Mike's steaks were good but probably overpriced by 20%.

Offline Cw3323

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
      • View Profile
    • Programs: UR, MR, UA, AA, JB, HH.
    « Reply #218 on: March 18, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »

Thanks.
    Lamb riblets and gnocchi are on top of my list, the short ribs are amazing, After all he worked at Mikes ;)   

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
    « Reply #219 on: April 30, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »

Went to Mocha Bleu again last night. Made a reservation online easily - the place was almost empty. Some thoughts:
    1) It was so cold again. Fortunately, others complained and they turned off the AC at some point. Apparently they also complained that it was too loud, and the music was turned off - fine with me!
    2) We went in remembering the 20% mandatory tip, so the final price was more in line with what we were expecting. My wife and I had different prices in our menus. lolz

Food:
    Poutine Fries were GREAT! The gravy and cheese reminded me a lot of french onion soup and having fries in it instead of soggy bread was YUM.
    Mac n Cheese - good
    Penne ala Vodka - classic and very good (ask for more parmesan when the first batch runs out :P)
    Vanilla Bean Mocha Blend - gross. I mean just gross. Perhaps I don't know what this should taste like, but we were hoping for a vanilla frappuccino type of drink like you might get at Starbucks. This tasted like bitter milk. We asked them to put in more vanilla, and I think they remade the drink. It still had no flavor. $8 ugh.
    Avoided desserts, despite how pretty they look.

We're going to keep going back - apps and pastas are good, will stick to milkshakes and smoothies. And will bring a winter coat next time or have the courage to ask them to lower the air.