Author Topic: Hilton Grand Vacations Scam (HGVC). Almost Fell For it...  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hilton Grand Vacations Scam (HGVC). Almost Fell For it...
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
Anyone buy these packages from these excellent sales reps?  I a curious if there is any aspects that are perhaps not bad as the online community makes it sound.

Regardless, I am kind of fascinated that Hilton engages in such kinds of tactics.

See here for more info:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/hilton_grand_vacations.html

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Hilton Grand Vacations Scam (HGVC). Almost Fell For it...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
The day they got my home phone number will be marked a black day in all the history books.
They know how to put Ms. meshugener in excitement.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
Just awesome

I work for HGVC and a lot of the complaints I am reading are consumer error. When it comes to purchasing timeshare, I can't help you there. But I do work in the sales department, and sell those exact packages many of you are complaining about. These packages are not scams. When it comes to booking, you are told on each phone call that you need to contact your reservationist to book dates. Not take it upon yourself and do it online. There is a reason for that. We only accommodate a certain amount of rooms for these packages. And only your reservationist would know how many are left. Also, for all of you complaining about your rebate certificates, that is explained multiple times during each phone call so that you understand clearly what it is.
I work for HGVC and a lot of the complaints I am reading are consumer error. When it comes to purchasing timeshare, I can't help you there. But I do work in the sales department, and sell those exact packages many of you are complaining about. These packages are not scams. When it comes to booking, you are told on each phone call that you need to contact your reservationist to book dates. Not take it upon yourself and do it online. There is a reason for that. We only accommodate a certain amount of rooms for these packages. And only your reservationist would know how many are left. Also, for all of you complaining about your rebate certificates, that is explained multiple times during each phone call so that you understand clearly what it is.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
Just awesome

serious?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »
Just awesome

I think this one tops it:

I just want to say that I used to work at HGVC, and it's all a scam. Don't buy from them! When we give a SANU certificate you think it's for a future stay... when in fact it doesn't work! I mean you do get one but they don't work. When an agent selects a Sanu for you, we just put it for any Hilton property... not a specific hotel. And because we don't select a specific hotel, they don't work so you end up paying for a room and you never get your refund check. Also the packages you buy seem like good deals but they aren't. There are lots of hidden fees.

Hilton always says "don't take my persistence for pressure to our clients..." but honestly it's very high pressure for the person on the other end of the phone. We are told to not let our customers off the phone till they either buy or hang up. Hilton does not care what you say. It's just about the sale. Not only that... But what really gets me is the way they treat their employees. There's so much favoritism and shady ** that goes on in the call center. If you're not on the elite team, you literally struggle with bad leads so you don't make your quota. So if they don't want you there, they literally ** with you till you either quit or they fire you!

I saw some things happen in the call center that blew my mind... completely inhumane! I saw things going on that made me lose my drive to even try to sell a package. A specific night time manager would give certain woman whom he enjoyed looking at the best leads in hopes of getting a little something on the side from them. He would give pieces of paper to these girls with information that would guarantee a sale.., and sure as ** after they got that paper, they'd make hella sales... and I heard him tell them they owe him money for getting them those sales. If all this stuff goes on in the call center that's supposed to be earning the trust of a customer, how can you really trust Hilton! You can't! Be aware of them! Don't buy into them!

Offline bigworld

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »
Anyone have any updated information on this? Just got a call from them today-Seems pretty enticing.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
Anyone have any updated information on this? Just got a call from them today-Seems pretty enticing.
go for the timeshare pitch (after getting them to give you at least double the bonus points/certificates they offer you) but don't buy a timeshare

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
The day they got my home phone number will be marked a black day in all the history books.
They know how to put Ms. meshugener in excitement.
what happened?

Offline bigworld

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »
Oh for sure-I dont think they'll convince me at all to buy the timeshare-Question is, has anyone taken this vacation and had a good time without being scammed?

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »
Oh for sure-I dont think they'll convince me at all to buy the timeshare-Question is, has anyone taken this vacation and had a good time without being scammed?
Yes