Author Topic: Dell Laptop Died  (Read 4924 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Dell Laptop Died
« on: May 29, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »
 i bought a dell inspiron laptop less than two years ago (im out of warranty) and all of a sudden the motherboard died. ive heard however that im not the only one with this problem and ive heard of people who got dell to fix it even though its out of warranty does anybody have any experience with that and give me some guidance in how to deal with it (what to tell them etc.)?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Dell Laptop Died
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »
Next time pay to extend your warranty...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »
Welcome to the world of Dell.

The one and only Dell i ever had broke 3 times in less then 6 months, i canceled all the warranty's thy gave me more money back then thy where supposed to, but then i called in a year later to get it repaired for the heck of it and it shows by them that im still under warranty  which then the computer was fixed 2 times since and is no in the garbage already, s there might be a chance that you can get the mother board fixed with out paying, you just gotta give it a try.

But the best thing is to switch to a father board and get a Mac.
Zalman.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »

The one and only Dell i ever had broke 3 times in less then 6 months, i canceled all the warranty's thy gave me more money back then thy where supposed to, but then i called in a year later to get it repaired fo

The one and only Dell i ever had broke 3 times in less then 6 months, i canceled all the warranty's thy gave me more money back then thy where supposed to, but then i called in a year later to get it repaired for the heck of it and it shows by them that im still under warranty  which then the computer was fixed 2 times since and is no in the garbage already, s there might be a chance that you can get the mother board fixed with out paying, you just gotta give it a try.

r the heck of it and it shows by them that im still under warranty  which then the computer was fixed 2 times since and is no in the garbage already, s there might be a chance that you can get the mother board fixed with out paying, you just gotta give it a try.

Fanboi flamebait?  ;)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
i bought a dell inspiron laptop less than two years ago (im out of warranty) and all of a sudden the motherboard died. ive heard however that im not the only one with this problem and ive heard of people who got dell to fix it even though its out of warranty does anybody have any experience with that and give me some guidance in how to deal with it (what to tell them etc.)?
What credit card did you use to purchase the Dell on?
Many give an extra year warranty on top of the standard 1 year warranty.
My friend put a computer on a Starwood AMEX and they refunded the entire purchase price of the computer when it broke!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:24:02 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »
dan
it was actually my wifes computer that she bought before we got married and she doesnt remember the cc used. someone told me that since it happened to so many people they filed a class action lawsuit and if you threaten them theyll fix it for you  just wondering if anyone has experience with that and can help me w/ the specifics
thanx

Offline Other Guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
dan
it was actually my wifes computer that she bought before we got married and she doesnt remember the cc used. someone told me that since it happened to so many people they filed a class action lawsuit and if you threaten them theyll fix it for you  just wondering if anyone has experience with that and can help me w/ the specifics
thanx

Why don't you check through her old statements online?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »
so youre making people crazy for no reason?  ::) :-\
On 4 different '08 threads