Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1213030 times)

Offline Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4340 on: November 26, 2021, 12:11:10 PM »
DP:

placed my first order for MYS on Nov 10, which was delivered on the 15th. It took until the 23rd for MYS to scan into items system, and so far still no check.

in contrast, PM is way way faster.

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 26, 2021, 12:17:18 PM »
DP:

placed my first order for MYS on Nov 10, which was delivered on the 15th. It took until the 23rd for MYS to scan into items system, and so far still no check.

Who’s pm

Offline yaacov37

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 26, 2021, 02:08:48 PM »
I heard of some type of buying group where you open lines with ATT/T-Mobile (data plans) month to month and they give you a small commission for each sim card opened + you get the charges on your CC every month - they wire you the money for the bills. Does anyone have any info? 

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 26, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »
I heard of some type of buying group where you open lines with ATT/T-Mobile (data plans) month to month and they give you a small commission for each sim card opened + you get the charges on your CC every month - they wire you the money for the bills. Does anyone have any info? 

Also interested in this, I wonder what it's about.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 26, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: November 27, 2021, 02:00:29 PM »
DP:

What's new

Offline WonderingYid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: December 01, 2021, 01:36:17 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KZJYR94

Did any buying groups send it out?

I got in a bulk order before Amazon placed limits on it.

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: December 01, 2021, 01:56:29 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KZJYR94

Did any buying groups send it out?

I got in a bulk order before Amazon placed limits on it.
Closeout did  a while ago.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4348 on: December 01, 2021, 02:10:18 AM »
Closeout did  a while ago.
There was a limit of 1 by the time they sent it out.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4349 on: December 01, 2021, 02:45:52 PM »
So. I ordered 100 of an item, group claims ~25 never arrived despite tracking showing delivered, group claims the signature on the tracking info was not one of their workers. Opened multiple disputes with Amex, both unsuccessful as tracking was shown as delivered and signature was not required for the item. Group claims their camera footage doesn’t go so far back. I did contact them right away, they never volunteered anything although I never specifically requested footage until now. Now what?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #4350 on: December 01, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »
So. I ordered 100 of an item, group claims ~25 never arrived despite tracking showing delivered, group claims the signature on the tracking info was not one of their workers. Opened multiple disputes with Amex, both unsuccessful as tracking was shown as delivered and signature was not required for the item. Group claims their camera footage doesn’t go so far back. I did contact them right away, they never volunteered anything although I never specifically requested footage until now. Now what?

Which group?

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: December 01, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
Anyone have success ordering from dell, Office Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, target and having items shipped to DE?

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: December 01, 2021, 02:57:53 PM »
Anyone have success ordering from dell, Office Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, target and having items shipped to DE?
Don't do it. Your billing address will be flagged and shut down.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: December 01, 2021, 03:01:49 PM »
DP for which of the above mentioned store/s?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: December 01, 2021, 03:04:54 PM »
Go down to talk to owner/manager face to face.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: December 01, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
DP for which of the above mentioned store/s?
All of them are very sensitive to resellers. I have personal DPs with: Target, Best Buy, and Dell. The others are second hand DPs.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: December 01, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »

If they won’t work with you, post their name here?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: December 01, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »
Ordered from?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #4358 on: December 01, 2021, 03:13:50 PM »

Send them a link to this post

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: December 01, 2021, 03:16:17 PM »

Too late. Wish I would’ve known earlier as attempted all those stores, all of which were immediately auto cancelled.