Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1219458 times)

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4600 on: February 04, 2022, 02:27:42 AM »
Probably let you keep it
Ymmv on that..

Offline mord1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: February 04, 2022, 07:33:07 AM »
Is there a particular BG that people recommend?  or 1 that is safer than others?  are there some that are high risk/ high reward and others that are low risk low reward or is it all the same?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 04, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
I ordered 2 items for a group and it was delivered 1/25 and 1/26. It took them a week to scan them in, (standard in this situation) but now that they scanned them in today 2/3, they added a 1$ commission. The wats app message with the additional commission being added wasn’t sent out till 1/31….

Am I supposed to/have to tell them? It’s only 2$ but it’s yiddishe gelt……(theirs not mine)
Yes. Like if a cashier gives you wrong change in a store.

Submit a ticket and let them decide what to do.

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: February 07, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
anyone have other contact info for MYS? am locked out and unable to reset password.

this of course means that I have no way to request payment or even access the order management system to etc...

support@mysbuyinggroup.com and 718 484 4253 was absolutely no help.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:54:17 PM by nirc »

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 08, 2022, 01:47:03 AM »
Don’t know if this is the right thread for this. But ordered about 22k worth of stuff from kohl’s for a buying group. And earned about 4400 in kohl’s cash…the kohl’s cash is supposed to be able to be used for the next 2 weeks…log in today and my balance is 980….18 orders are missing kohl’s cash (which I got emails for…) try to add them manually but they don’t work…after chatting and calling seems they said you bought too much u must be a reseller (which is true lol) so we are voiding that kohl’s cash….I said hold up wtf if u don’t want to sell to a reseller than cancel my orders but u can’t process my order charge my cc take my $$ and ship the item and sent me the reward email and then pull it out of my account….???they said email kohl’s customer service directly bla bla bla…anyone ever have this happen to them before?? Any aitzah I can do? Can I threaten them with anything? They kept on quoting kohl’s has a legal right to limit quantity’s etc…so I said yes that’s true but don’t have a legal right to take away kohl’s cash after the fact…
Pls help if u can thanks

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: February 08, 2022, 05:56:39 PM »
Don’t know if this is the right thread for this. But ordered about 22k worth of stuff from kohl’s for a buying group. And earned about 4400 in kohl’s cash…the kohl’s cash is supposed to be able to be used for the next 2 weeks…log in today and my balance is 980….18 orders are missing kohl’s cash (which I got emails for…) try to add them manually but they don’t work…after chatting and calling seems they said you bought too much u must be a reseller (which is true lol) so we are voiding that kohl’s cash….I said hold up wtf if u don’t want to sell to a reseller than cancel my orders but u can’t process my order charge my cc take my $$ and ship the item and sent me the reward email and then pull it out of my account….???they said email kohl’s customer service directly bla bla bla…anyone ever have this happen to them before?? Any aitzah I can do? Can I threaten them with anything? They kept on quoting kohl’s has a legal right to limit quantity’s etc…so I said yes that’s true but don’t have a legal right to take away kohl’s cash after the fact…
Pls help if u can thanks

Chat with one rep while calling another to maximize your odds? Id assume they have total rights to do that - so your best bet is HUCA'ing till you find a sympathetic rep.

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: February 08, 2022, 06:35:22 PM »
so I said yes that’s true but don’t have a legal right to take away kohl’s cash after the fact…

I'm not a lawyer but s.IX of their terms and conditions seems to give them that right. I don't see why they'd have an obligation to cancel your order. While I feel for you this is one of the (many) risks of the game.

If I were you I'd use the other $980 ASAP, or at least before you call and ask for an exception. They could just shut the whole account if they want, and you never know if the rep may dig a little when you call again, especially if you escalate it.

In addition, Kohl’s may close any Kohl’s Rewards Account if a Member becomes ineligible at any time and/or if any of these Terms are violated, including if the Kohl’s Rewards Account appears to be used for a commercial purpose such as re-sale, and/or if the Kohl’s Rewards Account is otherwise associated with abusive or fraudulent activity. In the event of such Term(s) violation, Kohl’s reserves the right to invalidate improperly awarded or issued Kohl’s Cash and/or to close your Kohl’s Rewards Account altogether.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #4607 on: February 08, 2022, 06:43:49 PM »
Pls help if u can thanks
As pointed out already I would use what you have. Then HUCA and see if you can get the missing ones reinstated. If not look at it as a cost of doing business and move on.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline htg123

• View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: February 08, 2022, 11:41:26 PM »
Pls help if u can thanks

PGFHGS

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 09, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
interesting to note that most of MYS' current deals are now 1-2% below cost. I realize it's not a huge amount but it does add up, especially when there are competitors that don't underpay.

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 09, 2022, 12:33:45 PM »
I'm not a lawyer but s.IX of their terms and conditions seems to give them that right. I don't see why they'd have an obligation to cancel your order. While I feel for you this is one of the (many) risks of the game.

If I were you I'd use the other $980 ASAP, or at least before you call and ask for an exception. They could just shut the whole account if they want, and you never know if the rep may dig a little when you call again, especially if you escalate it.

interesting, i missed that in the terms and conditions....so i would imagine my chances of getting it back are pretty nil...escpecially cause i found this online on consumer affairs...

----I made several purchases of clearance backpacks back in October 2015 and I donated most of them to the Schools on Wheels Charity https://www.sowma.org/. I was supposed to have 8,000 something points and Kohl's did not issue them. They confiscated them cause I spent too much money in too short of a time in their stores. What I bought were clearance backpacks that I donated to charity.

I was on the phone with customer service several times and they kept giving an excuse that I was fraudulently reselling them so that's why they took them away. They never notified me about taking them away I had to call and find out why I didn't get my reward certificates. Yet a crazy mom makes a video that goes viral and Kohl's issues her 10,000 points yet takes away 8,300+ points from a customer that spent their hard earned dollar in their stores to donate items they bought to charity. This company will never regain me as a customer unless they fix the issue they created and make a resolution.----

now i have a new dilema. i have 980 (was supposed to be 4460) to be used by 2/21/22, and another 1140 that will only become active 3/1/22 and can be used for the whole month of March. so obviously i should quickly use up the 980, the question is do i...

a)after using up the 980 asap, dont escalate again, wait till 3/1/22, use up the new batch of 1140 and then escalate and say hey where is my missing 3480 from back in feb? the advantage of that is that i dont risk them closing my account NOW and losing the 1140, but the disatvantage is then i make my chances of regaining the missing 3480 even less bec its already past the usage date?

or

B)after using up the 980 asap, i complain and ask where my missing 3480 is... the advantage of that is that i increase the chance of getting my 3480 back bec it is still in the usage period, but the disatvantage is that I increase the risk of it being escalated and shut down and losing the other 1140 for march...

im leaning to choice A but would like to hear opinions...

Offline Willie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: February 09, 2022, 01:01:49 PM »
Any other buying groups nowadays besides, mys, dealbuyer, emb and usa I should know about?

Offline 1avigrun

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 09, 2022, 01:16:20 PM »
Any other buying groups nowadays besides, mys, dealbuyer, emb and usa I should know about?
closeoutnj

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: February 09, 2022, 03:22:59 PM »
so in regards to the risk of getting shut down by credit cards when paying off balances by 3rd parties.
Does it help if I add my friend as a additional cardmember, and he pays off balance from his bank account directly?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4614 on: February 09, 2022, 06:04:38 PM »
so in regards to the risk of getting shut down by credit cards when paying off balances by 3rd parties.
Does it help if I add my friend as a additional cardmember, and he pays off balance from his bank account directly?
With chase this is risky amex not so much

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: February 09, 2022, 08:11:12 PM »
With chase this is risky amex not so much

sorry for not mentioning - I would be doing this with spark biz card

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 10, 2022, 02:02:47 PM »
on the deal buyer comitment thing -  if a deal says USER LIMITS - UNLIMITED, DEAL CAPACITY 100% - can i still buy that item?

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: February 10, 2022, 02:03:22 PM »

yes

buyersforpoints

https://www.buyersforpoints.com/p/login/_version/TE9HT1VU.1644454797.1643758953.0.0.0.0.en

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 10, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 10, 2022, 02:06:26 PM »
Is there a particular BG that people recommend?  or 1 that is safer than others?  are there some that are high risk/ high reward and others that are low risk low reward or is it all the same?

personally i am very happy with EMB, very fast check in times and when u request a check u get it in within a day or two max, sometimes even a few hours later....hard to reach for customer service though so if i have a issue i just message the guy on watsapp and push a few times....

other groups ive had to wait close to 2-3 weeks for check in and 2-3 weeks for a check.... YMMV of course