Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 251869 times)

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #915 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Fine... BUT you're still someone else's B****H.
...as are many employees in basically every industry in the world.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 08, 2018, 03:34:44 PM »
Yay!!!!! Thanks captain obvious. This is a free market, I sell to someone else who sells to someone else, and everyone makes money along the way, some more than others. I get that you have a massive chip on your shoulder but your idea of business and money is just really warped.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #917 on: May 08, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »
I know how much I make in my full time job and I assume the owner is making way more. What's it point?

This.

Anyone who is not Bezos makes less than the other guy.

You work in a company, your boss makes more than you. You own your own company? Your clients make more than you.  In both case, by your definition, you are someone's b**ch.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online Abebee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #918 on: May 08, 2018, 04:58:39 PM »
Quick math, you are someones B***H and swipe $5000 on a card that gives you 1.5 on the dollar (freedom unlimited)
it take you 10 minutes to buy it, 2 minutes to sign for it and 20 minute to get it to him.
You spend 32 minutes and make 7,500 points valued at 1.4 that's $105 for a half hour worth of work.
My guess is most people on DDF (most) don't make $210 a hour.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 08, 2018, 05:08:25 PM »
Ok. So would somebody please let me on how not to get orders cancelled from BB. Everything is getting cancelled recently.

Online Abebee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #920 on: May 08, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
Ok. So would somebody please let me on how not to get orders cancelled from BB. Everything is getting cancelled recently.
New account, use new email and phone number. Use paypal and you can use a blocked credit card linked to your paypal.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 08, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »
New account, use new email and phone number. Use paypal and you can use a blocked credit card linked to your paypal.
Didn't help..... That helped for a while for a couple of orders a day, did the same, just without an account, used guest checkout. Last couple of months, anything sent to my address doesn't work. Tried recently to a new address with a new cc, name, telephone, guest checkout, different IP address, incognito. Helped for a week, every order took a day to move to the preparing stage, so was only able to make one order a day. Now that also gets cancelled after a day...

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 08, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
Quick math, you are someones B***H and swipe $5000 on a card that gives you 1.5 on the dollar (freedom unlimited)
it take you 10 minutes to buy it, 2 minutes to sign for it and 20 minute to get it to him.
You spend 32 minutes and make 7,500 points valued at 1.4 that's $105 for a half hour worth of work.
My guess is most people on DDF (most) don't make $210 a hour.

This.

Anyone who is not Bezos makes less than the other guy.

You work in a company, your boss makes more than you. You own your own company? Your clients make more than you.  In both case, by your definition, you are someone's b**ch.

Great math, flawed logic.

Few deals are 5k swipe in 10 min, nevermind the time wasted on cancelled orders etc.

This does not change the fact that it diminishes your capacity to become an adam gadol.. you will remain an adam katan.

I rather look at it as a nice easy way to get free points were relevant and i'll do as a favor to friend and family.

You could easily make $210 or $500 an hour if you actualize your potential in life.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 08, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »
This does not change the fact that it diminishes your capacity to become an adam gadol.. you will remain an adam katan.

You could easily make $210 or $500 an hour if you actualize your potential in life.
No offense to you personally (I don't even know you) but that's a load of BS.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 08, 2018, 06:25:48 PM »

Risk/reward + full time job. The guy paying millions for merchandise is taking a big risk if and when anything goes wrong. And heís also spending full time on it, whether itís finding and calling contacts to sell the merchandise, dealing with warehousing, employees, etc.

Why are you dripping with jealousy?
Live forever or die trying.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #925 on: May 08, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
Great math, flawed logic.

Few deals are 5k swipe in 10 min, nevermind the time wasted on cancelled orders etc.

I rather look at it as a nice easy way to get free points were relevant and i'll do as a favor to friend and family.

Oh, I see now. You're willing to remain an adam katan, just as long as the reward is worth it.

I have a full-time job which keeps me pretty preoccupied (and I think most would agree I haven't squandered my time getting where I am), but I'm able to do this on the side where and make thousands per month for a couple hours per week.

Maybe that's chump change to you, maybe that few hours is keeping me from becoming an adam gadol, and/or maybe I'm just better at it than you.

Not sure I'd agree with any of those.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 08, 2018, 07:00:02 PM »
Oh, I see now. You're willing to remain an adam katan, just as long as the reward is worth it.

I have a full-time job which keeps me pretty preoccupied (and I think most would agree I haven't squandered my time getting where I am), but I'm able to do this on the side where and make thousands per month for a couple hours per week.

Maybe that's chump change to you, maybe that few hours is keeping me from becoming an adam gadol, and/or maybe I'm just better at it than you.

Not sure I'd agree with any of those.

Also why limit yourself to 500$ an hour. Your firm definitely doesnít

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
I must say you guys are giving me a good laugh.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 08, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
I am not jealous of any one.  Each according to their wishes.

I own my own business, I could churn all day, I could also waste time on DDF (and do) If you are happy churning as a full time job, go for it..  But you are wasting your life.. unless you have no potential.

I am an adam katan and daily people tell me that I am wasting my potential. I have no issue with people hunting down deals.. but you are, at the end of the day, a slave to someone else.

Its not even a job, its just a mindless gopher.

I certainly agree if there's a good churn, do it. But to slave at it, meh.

p.s. there is a DDF'er who is enormously successful, yet he churns like a schlepper, it's hilarious
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:05:52 PM by chevron »

Online 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 08, 2018, 09:09:11 PM »
Ironically I feel less like a slave when I choose to buy stuff from the buying groups. I choose what deals I want to work on or if I want to at all. Can't do that when you are an employee.