Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182972 times)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #1020 on: May 17, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »
Personal preference I guess.

I would rather have my money right away, less risk that way.
i've always gotten a check same day
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1021 on: May 17, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
Which is worse to pay with a 3rd party check, Chase or Amex?
Happened to them at Amex, but I've heard Chase can be even worse.. 1 of them eventually got through his FR
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1022 on: May 17, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »
I've found the opposite. Their service is terrific, one of their strongest points.
+1

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1023 on: May 17, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »
I've had great experiences with USA as well as 2 other groups

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:31 PM »
USA Buying Group is by far the biggest and has the most capital. Never have they asked you to hold a check like Onyx or other groups.
Never had  a request by onyx/MYS to hold up on cashing a check. I always get paid right away by the pickup driver and they have a really simple and organized new website and makes keeping track or order history and payments a breeze. Driver actually scans in the items in my home and in my account it shows right away which pickup had which check tied to it. Those of you who do this for buying groups know how helpful that is.

Money does come right away and I have swiped plenty for them. Not sure what these other folks are talking about...

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:36 PM »
Bgsales100@gmail.com
5 Towns Area

Offline yankel1234554321

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 17, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »
I'm a very good friend of the owner of Mys Buying group and I created a new account on the chance Ddf doesn't like this post I'm sorry for the long post as well just wanted to be clear. I would just like to jump in and just say few points I'm not here to promote there group just settle some points that have come up about the group and others as I think any negative comments about MYS is of a buyer that hasn't bought for it recently.

They provide checks at all of there drop off locations and they as well provide pickups from every persons house with a check on the spot no check is post dated. They as well have a great customer service and if any issues occur they are resolved quick.

They b"h have a very big group and growing daily they have created a amazing portal to help the buyers as well as speed up the Delaware process. For example someone had his package delivered to them today and was able to request a check within minutes I don't think any other group out there has that I could be wrong. You can check it out at www.mysbuyinggroup.com

Ill respond to one last comment about how other groups make you price adjust if a item drops which is true and I'm happy to say that MYS has never made anyone do that they honor prices they post. They are all for buyers making money there are many instances were a deal goes bad and they lose which they are fine with as long as it keep their buyers satisfied and that is the main thing.

With that have a great day every one and hope I was able to shed some light on current topic and if there was ever a buyer who feels like they were wronged by them reach out tell them about it as all companies would like to know were they are not great in not just Mys any group.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »
Thanks for the info but it would be more creditable if you used your real username.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2018, 09:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info but it would be more creditable if you used your real username.
at least give us a hint who you really are
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
I think i may have figured out who it is.... :)
ETA: I was wrong, not who I thought.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:39:53 PM by davidrotts63 »
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »
Happened to them at Amex, but I've heard Chase can be even worse.. 1 of them eventually got through his FR
Thanks.

Offline Fredb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »
Totally not true, i have been buying with MYS buying group for a while now, and they will always match the price that they listed on the blast, and you can always check the deals on their portal, they will respond to you all hours of the day and night, via text, whats app, email and messenger on their portal, it has been a great way of making extra point and money. 

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
Totally not true, i have been buying with MYS buying group for a while now, and they will always match the price that they listed on the blast, and you can always check the deals on their portal, they will respond to you all hours of the day and night, via text, whats app, email and messenger on their portal, it has been a great way of making extra point and money.
...and you just made a username just for this post? You guys are doing more harm than good.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2018, 11:23:50 PM »
...and you just made a username just for this post? You guys are doing more harm than good.
+1 and I have a feeling this thread will get deleted

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 17, 2018, 11:25:56 PM »

I am John Doe and I approve this message
Visibly Jewish

Offline yankel1234554321

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2018, 01:25:06 AM »

I am not sure who that guy is but its not me that would just be silly don't you think.

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 18, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
I am not sure who that guy is but its not me that would just be silly don't you think.
what you did in your first post was silly. Be a man and don’t be scared

Offline puddles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 18, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »
what you did in your first post was silly. Be a man and don’t be scared
This

Offline regular

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 18, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
USA Buying Group is by far the biggest and has the most capital. Never have they asked you to hold a check like Onyx or other groups.
A. Around holiday times USA had a program where they'll spend for you on your cc and only pay you right before your due date.

B. IME USA had the longest wait times from when items we're delivered till you got the check. (My experience was holiday season I stopped ordering for them after that)

C. Having to hold on to a check is no big deal since no groups didn't let you use before your due date. Waiting to get a check is much more annoying

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #1039 on: May 18, 2018, 10:45:58 AM »
what a troll

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=92741.msg1933491#msg1933491
#TYH